What's new

Tech Rain's Vortex

Axel_Redd

Vampire Jesus....he wants YOUR blood now!!
because Lao dose Really well against Rain, and I was just wondering why no one has pointed out the advantages Lao has over Rain. if you're having trouble with Rain i would just grind it out with lao.
its not that i have trouble...its that i don't face rain enough, lol. i rarely get that matchup and when i do its usually a terrible rain. explain how lao beats him or what he's supposed to do. Kitana or reptile would be nice too :p

Mothmonsterman0

Mortal Kombat is NOT dead.
its not that i have trouble...its that i don't face rain enough, lol. i rarely get that matchup and when i do its usually a terrible rain. explain how lao beats him or what he's supposed to do. Kitana or reptile would be nice too :p
well first and for most, Lao is like a cheetah poking and spiting dust at a turtle vs Rain. His mobility gives Rain a stupidly hard time. Lao can easily punish almost everything Rain has. Lighting can be blown up with teleport, and because of laos mobility it's hard to hit anything that's not 4Rh or involves armor . it's very hard for Rain to know when to try and get in with D4's and punishing with 4RH is also very hard because of things like Roll, whiffed Dive kicks, and low hat and straight hat can keep Rain on his toes at all times. lao has alot of answers to Rain's pressure. good pokes, spin, 7 frame standing 2, armor, and lot of other stuff I'm sure. f2, or whatever his hat slice overhead thing is is really good at keeping Rain out. long story short, Rain can't keep lao pinned down at all.

if anyone disagrees feel free to input.

this match can be handled, and like most Rain's MU's it's around the 4 - 6 area.

kit is annoying. Rain has to duck fans all fucking day. her strings have great Range which can make it hard for Rain to get anything going. I feel like this Match has to do alot with who has the life lead, but Kit is going to have the advantage almost all the time. 4 - 6 kit IMO

I don't really know the rep MU honestly lol. I get blown the fuck up by a good Reptile. plus I normally only get to play the MU online, and you know how that is...

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
even if you don't poke out of Rain's pressure it's still good. 3 43 RH cancels plus the RH is a full bar of meter plus about 12% chip. and 6 4RH, or 2 RH cancels is the same. so you're not gonna poke out? I'll grab you, extra 12% on top of my bar of meter and 12% chip. but IMO it's best to take some chip then eat a RH for almost 40%
trust me here.
I'm not trying to say that its bad. Not at all. In fact... its awesome because its a Sonya style of pressure that forces you to get out yourself.

However i'm more than content taking 12% chip at times and letting you have your bar of meter. Its better than taking 40% and you still getting about a bar of meter or taking my meter.

Some characters have an easier reward to the risk.... some don't.

ForeverKing

Patreon.com/MK_ForeverKing
if u do a throw or anything like that tho, their out of ur vortex then arent they?

i really need to learn the Rain mu better....any rains interested in giving me some fights? lol
Add me on xbox I'll play some Rain vs you. What's your gamertag?

even if you don't poke out of Rain's pressure it's still good. 3 43 RH cancels plus the RH is a full bar of meter plus about 12% chip. and 6 4RH, or 2 RH cancels is the same. so you're not gonna poke out? I'll grab you, extra 12% on top of my bar of meter and 12% chip. but IMO it's best to take some chip then eat a RH for almost 40%
IMO don't stop until they poke man why grab them when you can just keep on break dancing in their face?

Smarrgasm

What's a Smarrgasm?
So this revelation of rain's "vortex" is that he has RH pressure? Smarrgasm pls, stop trolling
Lol this thread is old if you look back and its definitely still very viable in most cases. I still use a lot of this stuff as of now. It counts as a "vortex" in the similarities that you can replicate it and also be relatively safe the entire time.

Lol this thread is old if you look back and its definitely still very viable in most cases. I still use a lot of this stuff as of now. It counts as a "vortex" in the similarities that you can replicate it and also be relatively safe the entire time.
holy march of last year batman! lol my bad, didnt realize this has been around for longer than i have.

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
I know this is an old thread but it's not a Vortex. Just reset into pressure.

Who else has a Vortex besides Scorpion? Ermac and Baraka are arguably the only others character I kan think of. (Then again I'm tired and kan't even think of half the kast right now.)

Smarrgasm

What's a Smarrgasm?
I know this is an old thread but it's not a Vortex. Just reset into pressure.

Who else has a Vortex besides Scorpion? Ermac and Baraka are arguably the only others character I kan think of. (Then again I'm tired and kan't even think of half the kast right now.)
I know its not truly a "vortex" but with three guesses and also Rain's ability to drain meter with Ex-bubble (which i will have after all the RH pressure) Rain is insanely deadly if you can perpetuate this.

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
I know its not truly a "vortex" but with three guesses and also Rain's ability to drain meter with Ex-bubble (which i will have after all the RH pressure) Rain is insanely deadly if you can perpetuate this.
I know.. Just criticizing the thread's name. I'm not fond of misleading titles. Kould've just said "insane pressure" and it would've just been subjective rather than wrong.