What's new

General/Other Rains opening sequence

now i've seen alot of misguided flame and hate on this site due to personal insecuries or vendettas, or what have you, but mind you i am being completely serious and im not 'hating'

doesnt rain seem a little..flamboyant? that entrance is just horrific. a spin then his hands go...TA DA! and to top it off most of his moves look like he's dancing or shooting a super soaker at the enemy..how can water be that painful? is the opponent going to bleed when they get sprayed by his 'super water powers' or was this intended to be a big joke that he can hurt you with water.. and to top it off he doesnt wear a mask..its a veil.. hmmm rain is a little suspect this time around..

Kombo

Noob
now i've seen alot of misguided flame and hate on this site due to personal insecuries or vendettas, or what have you, but mind you i am being completely serious and im not 'hating'

doesnt rain seem a little..flamboyant? that entrance is just horrific. a spin then his hands go...TA DA! and to top it off most of his moves look like he's dancing or shooting a super soaker at the enemy..how can water be that painful? is the opponent going to bleed when they get sprayed by his 'super water powers' or was this intended to be a big joke that he can hurt you with water.. and to top it off he doesnt wear a mask..its a veil.. hmmm rain is a little suspect this time around..
You just had to ruin it did you? :eek:
Seriously though, Rain was made to be a reference to Prince thats why he's so flamboyant. Which is exactly why I can't wait to troll with him! :evil:

They use water to cut metal (can't remember for what, but they do). If it's concentrated, and with enough force behind it, water could tear a person apart.

Kombo

Noob
Ever get sprayed by a fire hose? That shit hurts!
I have a few family members that have been sprayed by water hoses in the civil rights era and its not Childs play. I want something different than you average fireball which is why I will be maining him.

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
I think his entrance is him coming out of a water spout, those mini water tornado things, hence all the spnning.

Getting sprayed by a big stream of powerful water will knock you on your ass, and that's exactly what that move is doing, knocking the enemy backwards.

Plus, hes prince, dude can be as fabulous as he wants.

They use water to cut metal (can't remember for what, but they do). If it's concentrated, and with enough force behind it, water could tear a person apart.
yeah but in rains case his moves arent concentrated water (except his fatality)..its just sprays of water

Kwon

---->----

doesnt rain seem a little..flamboyant? that entrance is just horrific. a spin then his hands go...TA DA!
It's a perfect flamboyant entrance for The Prince!

Prince Rain is the most "posh" and Fabulous one of the Ninjas and he is all about flash and style.

Prince - Purple Rain
[video]www.youtube.com/watch?v=vtrQK8Zqj-g[/video]

Kombo

Noob
I don't get what the point of this thread is because we already know this stuff you're talking about. It not an unknown mystery that Rain appears a "little" suspect. lol a little? But that doesn't change the fact that he is bomb as character. I just hope that people who claim they're maining him jump off the band wagon as soon as the 4th dlc character comes.

Scratch that actually I do want you to hop off the bandwagon because then he'll be all mine!:evil:
but...:nohomo:

Mt. Mutombo

Asshole by nature
i could of dealt with the spinning but the big TA DA im here bitches, kinda reminded me of Andy Dick lol...but that was erased with his winning stance, just plain fucking old school EPIC shit!!!

Haha, the "Ta Da!" when coming out of the spin is exactly what came to my mind, too. Personally I think it's great and suits Rain perfectly.

I doubt I'll put much time into Rain, but I'm loving how flamboyant he seems.

Kombo

Noob
i could of dealt with the spinning but the big TA DA im here bitches, kinda reminded me of Andy Dick lol...but that was erased with his winning stance, just plain fucking old school EPIC shit!!!
He made Reptile look like a bitch with that win pose.

Kwon

---->----
lol yeah but compared to a fireball or acid...its childsplay
Well, the force of Rain's current may be that of a Crashing Wave or better yet, a Typhoon, a Tsunami.

We cannot fathom the intensity of the force and current of the magic power of Prince Rain.

He can even focus water so that it may cut flesh as seen in one of his fatalities.

Kwon

---->----
The Eagle-Claw Victorypose is the best yet! Accompanied by a Torrent of Rain!

Rain is a character with alot of flavor and style. Not sure how/if NRS can top this characterdesign!

Havik

Noob
lol yeah but compared to a fireball or acid...its childsplay
if a fire ball was thrown at you it would put itself out on impact before it reaches your bones where its deadly. getting sprayed with a tremendous force of water will kill you like dying from a fragmentation grenade its the pressure that kills you

ROFL Ditto, I posted the same thing before the trailer came out 3 days ago, Now that I saw the trailer I'm more certain I won't be picking this character up. I just can't get past the whole flamboyant prince thing. Creeps me out.

GodsLonelyman - 07-09-2011, 01:13 AM
Cut-off leather gloves? Exotic purple and gold shoulder pads and kneepads with an "artsy" design? a purple vest with a golden keyhole in on his chest? Leathery tight suit with waist pads and a tassel belt? Leather boots with golden trim? He looks rather flamboyant to say the least . To be honest his design doesn't appeal to me much Hopefully he plays differently than he looks because if his playstyle is anything similar to his appearance then oh lord, not good.....................