What's new

General/Other Rain Specials and observations.

UsedForGlue

"Strength isn't everything"
I will just list moves that I have noticed from the Trailer today, the names of the specials are not correct, but just for reference.

From the trailer today, he appears to have:

Super RoundHouse Kick - MK Trilogy that knocks opponent through one side of the screen and out the other side of the screen, they also displayed his EH version, which will mostly likely be more damaging, but the point of is because it has shielding, as Sheeva was connecting with a teleport stomp and still got launched.

Water Control Orb: Not sure how slow it was on travel speed, but looked the same as Sub's ice ball, in size also. It appears to have a medium to slow start up, which in my opinion is sometimes harder to out jump or trade with, could not see any difference between EH and Special, but time will tell.

It controls the opponents position on the screen, benifts would be, to have the opponent put right infront of you and hopefully you get frame advantage when the bubble bursts to get extra chip, or a throw, or even hunt for a low or overhead mid mix up...So maybe reset possibilitys besides continuing juggles. - Thoughts on that?

Teleport Punch - He appears to have something like Sektors uppercut teleport, but he also has a move where he uppercuts without teleporting...not sure if they are connected, but seem similar. Neither seem to launch...

Waterpush - Almost the exact same as Reptiles acid spew, so it will be anti air, and 3/4 screen, couldn't see if it was EH, but if it is EH then except another projectile as a special.

Lighting - Three hit launcher, that auto corrects the opponent back to the stand animation and launches, most likely plants the opponent if used twice in a combo, just like ermacs lift or nightwolfs Lighting. Not sure if this is unblockable yet.

His throw looks alot like Noob's throws, which has anti tech rolling, so hopefully rain has this prop too.

He might have a Overhead mix up in his strings, on the second hit, and also looked like he had a standing low starter, like Kung Lao's b3 3.

Uppercut also looked to be a medium/fast speed uppercut, but may not need this with the super roundhouse taking priority.

His X-ray opening animation was taken from the E3 Sub-Zero X-ray animation, where subzero would bring an ice spike from under the opponent, launching them up towards you. Because it had no in combo potential for sub-zero, they removed it for his Cold Shoulder from MKA. So they only way to chain it might be from the Water Orb as you will see in the trailer. Not sure if it is block-able, but most likely is. I am sceptical about its potential outside of a combo, especially as an X-ray on its own, based only on the start up. Leads into an Arm Break, and round house, again, not sure if that is the whole x-ray, as the trailer cuts off.

Hopefully we get more footage to tease us up to the 19th.

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
The teleport uppercut and the other thing are the not the same move, if you look close at the video and pause it, the one move is actually a kick, kinda like sonyas arc kick but straight up and then comes right back down.

Lyuben

Sinestro's might!
The teleport uppercut and the other thing are the not the same move, if you look close at the video and pause it, the one move is actually a kick, kinda like sonyas arc kick but straight up and then comes right back down.
I think that was just him doing a jump in kick then the teleport uppercut. I dont even think it is a teleport uppercut. I think he just descends directly down into water and pops up. Not under opponent like Sektor. This could mean good anti air of course and if you can combo after it would be great.

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!

This is what I am talking about, its a vertical kick, and it clearly has an ex glow, so its not the sektor uppercut.

Prinz

watch?v=a8PEVV6tt14
I'm thinking that SRHK has charge - when Sheeva lands on Rain he's in a kind of a waiting pose.