What's new

Rain on UMK3 ?

dreemernj

Ambassador
There might be cheats to turn a ninja purple, but that would be the only thing. There is no way to actually fight against Rain in UMK3. He wasn't a hidden character in the sense of Noob Saibot. He was really a hack. If you watch UMK3 demo mode you'll notice on the energy bar his name isn't written in the same font as the other characters. Instead of being an italic font with some antialiasing using other colors, its a very plain, solid white font. My guess is this is because they stuck him in so haphazardly.

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
It was a joke and people are still talking about it 12+ years later. The font for his name by the way I believe is a system font and not a graphic.

RoGE

Noob
What I want to know is what ninja is rain pallet swapping, I mean he's got to be in the game if he is programed in the traction, what combo's does he use?

There might be cheats to turn a ninja purple, but that would be the only thing. There is no way to actually fight against Rain in UMK3. He wasn't a hidden character in the sense of Noob Saibot. He was really a hack. If you watch UMK3 demo mode you'll notice on the energy bar his name isn't written in the same font as the other characters. Instead of being an italic font with some antialiasing using other colors, its a very plain, solid white font. My guess is this is because they stuck him in so haphazardly.
I hadn't realized about it

interesting information

I remember reading somewhere that Ed Boon (or someone) was listening to Prince's Purple Rain on the way to work and got the idea for the purple ninja, so they just threw that him in there.