What's new

Rain Match Footage

Marinjuana

Up rock incoming, ETA 5 minutes
Be like water and post your princely rain matches here as you have them, let's start off with the god DJT

Marinjuana

Feel free to give me Rain tips or try to enjoy watching my gameplay, in this vid I'm using Purple Pain with Quantum RIft. Wigy was the first I saw to talk about it but Quantum Rift can be a game changer in some matchups and I like how it allows for more Purple Pain. I also roll with Air Bubble a lot but not in this vid.

P.S. Bummer how the tournament stage has crowd noise that doesn't go off with the music, sounds bad. Might be the ambience setting though

Mandolore1123

Man of Science Who Wields the Living Lightning
Feel free to give me Rain tips or try to enjoy watching my gameplay, in this vid I'm using Purple Pain with Quantum RIft. Wigy was the first I saw to talk about it but Quantum Rift can be a game changer in some matchups and I like how it allows for more Purple Pain. I also roll with Air Bubble a lot but not in this vid.

P.S. Bummer how the tournament stage has crowd noise that doesn't go off with the music, sounds bad. Might be the ambience setting though
Just from your first match I might suggest forgoing doing plunge after 133 and just do 133~purple pain AMP. It puts you at the exact distance the lightning comes out and you can do close or far depending on if you read a forward or back roll. If you do plunge you're left with pitiful amounts of hit advantage so trying to do purple pain off there is going to be a waste of meter if they know the MU. Also remember to punish stuff like flying kick with F2 1+3 KB. I'll try to put more stuff in later but yeah that's what I got from the first match.

EDIT: After watching more:
  • remember that you can machine gun lightning (though none of them really blocked it/tried to do something and you unfortunately got hit)
  • poke~AMP katar is a powerful tool since not a lot of moves can interrupt and you're completely safe and if you get the katar they are eating 9% (katar is so good lol)
  • remember your JK OS into geyser kick for more damage
  • probably good to practice those wave dashes so you can maximise your damage from those full screen lightnings
That's all I've got. I bloody suck at Rain so grain of salt I guess. One extra thing I'm personally trying to do more is his sweep, since it's got very good range, gives Rain a low profile and is decently fast, but since Rain isn't really walking, I don't really get to use it a whole lot since dash D3 is easier to use than dash sweep so shrug I guess

Last edited:

Marinjuana

Just from your first match I might suggest forgoing doing plunge after 133 and just do 133~purple pain AMP. It puts you at the exact distance the lightning comes out and you can do close or far depending on if you read a forward or back roll. If you do plunge you're left with pitiful amounts of hit advantage so trying to do purple pain off there is going to be a waste of meter if they know the MU. Also remember to punish stuff like flying kick with F2 1+3 KB. I'll try to put more stuff in later but yeah that's what I got from the first match.

EDIT: After watching more:
  • remember that you can machine gun lightning (though none of them really blocked it/tried to do something and you unfortunately got hit)
  • poke~AMP katar is a powerful tool since not a lot of moves can interrupt and you're completely safe and if you get the katar they are eating 9% (katar is so good lol)
  • remember your JK OS into geyser kick for more damage
  • probably good to practice those wave dashes so you can maximise your damage from those full screen lightnings
That's all I've got. I bloody suck at Rain so grain of salt I guess. One extra thing I'm personally trying to do more is his sweep, since it's got very good range, gives Rain a low profile and is decently fast, but since Rain isn't really walking, I don't really get to use it a whole lot since dash D3 is easier to use than dash sweep so shrug I guess

Thanks champ, yeah definitely got room to optimize on punish situations. I like to use oki sweep, it's so good on block anyhow. But I should use his D3 more with its ton of active frames.

Character is fun, feels unique against the rest of the cast with his movement. Surprising amount of people get hit by back to back throw into throw KB

Mandolore1123

Man of Science Who Wields the Living Lightning