What's new

Rain Kombat Kast Discussion

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous

Looks like Rain has a lot of changes.. almost like Tremmor... I think it is basically a full redesign. They also talk about some general stuff as well as just showing Rain.

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
I still can't believe that his water invincibility is a base move that's insane dude. Definitely going to try him out, it doesn't look like he's super high execution so I'll pick him up for his swagy combos and gear lmao.

Really hoping Mileena is higher execution and more set up heavy. Stephanie did mention that Rambo was going to have traps so I'm curious to see that.

Lowkey knew they were gonna keep Mileena for last since Rambo wasn't going to hype the release of UMK11 on his own lmao. Our queen, the best for last.

HeavyNorse

#BlackLivesMatter
As I said in the Rain General thread:

As always, I'll play around with custom variations for Rain. The fact none of his main variations has his lightning strike kinda baffles me.
I like the dash/dive attack move he has in the first variation though, so if I was to choose a variation from what we've seen so far, that might be the one. Though the combo potential in his third variation with his water ball seems appealing as well.

Hopefully I can shape a custom variation with those moves together. ^^

I'm surprised nobody is talking about the change to delay wakeup. Looks like we are getting some system changes that will be really nice for the meta.

Zgf

Noob
His 'swaggy' combo looks so basic, man. 2 bars for 31% in 2nd variation for something that looks like it'll only take 5 minutes to practice and execute as well is really disappointing as well.

Maybe this is just MK11 being barebones in general but I really hope he's an actual fun character to use and has multiple combo routes/setups, as described in the Kombat Kast.