What's new

Guide Rain Guide

Subby

Frost Warrior
Whats the best combo thats quick and easy for Rain starting with a Super Roundhouse?

Whats the best combo thats quick and easy for Rain starting with a Super Roundhouse?
Well, what I do from wake up is EX Round House, 43 Lightning, 43 Bubble, Geyser (or Aqua Splash if you want to keep opponent standing) Works pretty well for me and does good damage. not too hard to pull off either

Subby

Frost Warrior
Well, what I do from wake up is EX Round House, 43 Lightning, 43 Bubble, Geyser (or Aqua Splash if you want to keep opponent standing) Works pretty well for me and does good damage. not too hard to pull off either
Ah thank you! I was playing tonight and I was getting people after they crack from Rains amazing pressure and I wasn't sure what to do next.

Didn't see this anywhere.

Found something interesting with the EX Super Kick. If you cancel the kick into the dash at the beginning you still retain the armour! So the dash will have armour on it. Here is the awesome part, you can cancel that dash with any you want and it will still have armour! So stuff like an armoured 4,3/124/jump start-up and more is possible. Good way of eating up wake-up attacks and avoid getting rushed down. Its like a lesser version of Jade's EX armour.

Ill try upload a vid of it.

Found something interesting with the EX Super Kick. If you cancel the kick into the dash at the beginning you still retain the armour! So the dash will have armour on it. Here is the awesome part, you can cancel that dash with any you want and it will still have armour! So stuff like an armoured 4,3/124/jump start-up and more is possible. Good way of eating up wake-up attacks and avoid getting rushed down. Its like a lesser version of Jade's EX armour.

Thats true...i think i read a post from another topic. he said he did EX super kick cancel on wake up against a sub's ice ball from mid distance and he was able to close in and catch him with 1,2,f4 combo. But still i think this is new since ur sayin the armor carried over to the immediate next move. it wud be nice to have a video demonstratin how to further its uses.

I wish I could upload a vid. The only in battle experience I have with is when I first noticed this happeneing. I used EX Roudhouse dash cancel in a block string and I went for a throw while my opponent was doing a d+1 the armour glow appeared when I got hit. My throw went through it. So yea I totally found this on accident rofl.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player

Thats wild, ill play w this today.

Has anyone noticed that when playing with Rain there's so many things to think about doing? He has So many options, only problem is picking the right ones per matchup. One problem I have w him now jokingly is he has too many options. lol

He does feel very unique and extreme risk extreme reward

Subby

Frost Warrior

Best. EX move. EVAH!!!

Has anyone noticed that when playing with Rain there's so many things to think about doing? He has So many options, only problem is picking the right ones per matchup. One problem I have w him now jokingly is he has too many options. lol

I hope NRS doesnt take this out. I think its a great tool that can help Rain a lot with certain match-ups. I wish Rain had a low hat lol.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends

I knew about this for a while, and actually posted about it when I discovered it...mad it got lost in the abyss of posts! >_<

But definite thumbs up for bringing it to the attention of everyone else! I actually was wondering why this was never mentioned before.

I knew about this for a while, and actually posted about it when I discovered it...mad it got lost in the abyss of posts! >_<

But definite thumbs up for bringing it to the attention of everyone else! I actually was wondering why this was never mentioned before.
I actually just saw your post in the General thread which I didn't know existed lol. So yea credit goes to you good sir! Too many damn threads in this sub forum lol

What are some good bubble reset combo's ya'll are using right now???

currently my main BnB is: 4,3 < bubble < 2 < roundhouse < 4,3 < lightning < 4,3 < jet stream for about 42% with a jump in punch.

But i want to incorporate some bubble resets into my gameplan to keep up the pressure.

The only one I'm currently using is after I catch my opponent with a naked roundhouse or EX rounhouse... I'll use:
Roundhouse < 2 < dash < 4,3 < lightning < bubble I let them drop and go back in to 4,3 pressure or throw sometimes.

Any suggestions on some more bubble reset combo's would be much appreciated.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
43 xx lightning, dash under, 43 xx roundhouse, 43 xx bubble should do more damage if you decide to end with 4 xx geyser kick, but for a reset, this is probably the best you can go. Benefit of this one is the corner positioning is much better due to the dash under keeping you on the side you started before the roundhouse.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta

I have to ask.. but has anyone else noticed that character that rely on jumping in or have any type of air projectile give rain fits? He can't trade, and by the time you teleport they can jump away and keep doing the same thing.
Maybe i'm just not good... but i'll be damned if I didn't ask.

Thanks for the guide Ive been finding it useful, no idea if this would help but

12F4, dash 12f4, dash 43, Bubble (so they are high up infront of you) 43, Lightning, dash RH, Water Squirt

Does 37% off the 12F4 launcher and ends with the BF1 Squirt so they cant do Wake-ups. If their is better I'm sorry for wasting your time.

Thanks for the guide Ive been finding it useful, no idea if this would help but

12F4, dash 12f4, dash 43, Bubble (so they are high up infront of you) 43, Lightning, dash RH, Water Squirt

Does 37% off the 12F4 launcher and ends with the BF1 Squirt so they cant do Wake-ups. If their is better I'm sorry for wasting your time.
The problem with this Bnb is that (in my own playstyle) I never find any use of using 12F4. I almost exclusively use 4,3 and 3,3 with the occasional B2,1+2 and B2,3. The reason for using 4,3 so heavily is that you can cancel into roundhouse to make it safe. After doing this you can cancel the roundhouse for more 4,3 or 3,3 pressure or simply go in for the throw. If the 4,3 does connect I use this Bnb: (4,3xxbubble < 2, roundhouse < 4,3 lightning < 4,3 water squirt for 39% I believe and 42% with a jump in punch. I also have been trying to incorporate what THTB mentioned in the post above:

"43 xx lightning, dash under, 43 xx roundhouse, 43 xx bubble should do more damage if you decide to end with 4 xx geyser kick, but for a reset, this is probably the best you can go. Benefit of this one is the corner positioning is much better due to the dash under keeping you on the side you started before the roundhouse."

but as I said this is strictly because I have yet to find many good uses for the 12F4 string... but if I were to use that string I would probably go more along the lines of 12F4 < dash < 1,1 < roundhouse < 4,3 < lightning < bubble that way I could drop them right back in front of me to go into more 4,3; 3,3 roundhouse or throw pressure.

I actually have no problems hit confirming the 43... I did at first but now the more I play with him I'm getting pretty solid with the hit confirming.