What's new

Rain general discussion

Marinjuana

Up rock incoming, ETA 5 minutes

Damn I didn't know you could do combo extensions with an amplified Wave Dash, no wonder this is banned. Not my vid

just_2swift

MK1 is the best MK period.
Nah keep it one slot. Bionic bounce, sky wakka 1 slot moves. Kabal air gas is 2 slots because he's a strong character by default and has phenomenal custom pool to select from.

If they make his wave dash special available for ranks expect a hard nerf.

Think of all the custom moves that got a nerf when it became available aside from the selective few that NRS favors.

No matter what happens, we all lose.

Mandolore1123

Man of Science Who Wields the Living Lightning
Is there any way to combo off AMP tidal wave in the corner? I remember seeing something on YT but I can't find the video anymore

DarksydeDash

You know me as RisingShieldBro online.
The more and more I mess with Rain, the more I think Tidal Wave is too good not to use.

Psudeo mixup with 13 and 134.
Amazing Oki option, and the only special move that is a check after his forward throw
Spacing tool
lowers his hitbox while having one that hits from behind him
Safely covers his gaps and has a poke mind game as well.

Mandolore1123

The more and more I mess with Rain, the more I think Tidal Wave is too good not to use.

Psudeo mixup with 13 and 134.
Amazing Oki option, and the only special move that is a check after his forward throw
Spacing tool
lowers his hitbox while having one that hits from behind him
Safely covers his gaps and has a poke mind game as well.
Isn't it too slow to cover his gaps and have a poke mind game? Granted the move is good, but my main concern is that creating more space for Rain to dash about might be more valuable than what tidal wave provides. Plus, personally I use lots of offensive meter for katar, and need to reserve meter for hydro boost combos too, so I'm a bit hesitant to have a third source to drain that same resource when I can sort of achieve something similar with hydroplane with the added benefit of a KB and being able to punish gaps and still bait wakeups.

I’m more of a hydro plane man myself cause I just felt like playing a character that can cancel something. And I agree rain kinda needs meter for katar toss and hydroboost/geyser palm buuuuuuut the KB off hydro plane is kinda bs. I almost never get it.

I agree with darksydedash’s case for tidal wave too. I mean it’s kinda like a poor mans noob shadow slide

Mandolore1123

I’m more of a hydro plane man myself cause I just felt like playing a character that can cancel something. And I agree rain kinda needs meter for katar toss and hydroboost/geyser palm buuuuuuut the KB off hydro plane is kinda bs. I almost never get it.

I agree with darksydedash’s case for tidal wave too. I mean it’s kinda like a poor mans noob shadow slide
Yes it’s definitely a compelling case. Just voicing my worries that’s all. Will find some time to try it out maybe

Mandolore1123

Just coming in asking for corner combos without saying what variation moves you're using makes it a bit hard to get you answers

Wigy

There it is...
Started playing again a bit.

Its just so annoying that 133 will get you punished on them jumping outta small -frames. Same with 242.. even more annoying as its a dial string. You just have to do d1's or b1 on oki. Why is this such an issue with this game. While im complaining why are his two decent high string have a big hole and end high or an unsafe dial strings

Anyways do folks find success with the retreating special? Why are tournament players using the air special, hydroboost and tidal instead of geiser hand.

Is air bf3 that useful?

Boyo

Noob
Is MB Hydroboost into jump attacks a thing on block or is there some way to beat it? I had a bit of a look through the last 30 pages but didn't see anything.

Or I may be blind.

Mandolore1123

Is MB Hydroboost into jump attacks a thing on block or is there some way to beat it? I had a bit of a look through the last 30 pages but didn't see anything.

Or I may be blind.
If characters crouch block hydroboost then most can just jab interrupt or D2. Only 3 characters can be jailed into hydroboost AMP into jump attack, and you’re not plus as you land, only safe. All characters can also flawless block you as you come down and punish with an U2 (subject to U2 hit boxes). In other words, it’s a gimmick, but it serves as a good knowledge check

Boyo

Noob
If characters crouch block hydroboost then most can just jab interrupt or D2. Only 3 characters can be jailed into hydroboost AMP into jump attack, and you’re not plus as you land, only safe. All characters can also flawless block you as you come down and punish with an U2 (subject to U2 hit boxes). In other words, it’s a gimmick, but it serves as a good knowledge check
I see, I hadn't tried S1 for the characters I was using, that seems to counter it yeah.

I was trying to use Edenian Force with it to try and do some tricky sort of stuff like cancelling into air specials but seems pretty useless. Air evaporate seems really useless especially, recovery is so long that D2's sometimes recover before Rain does from the actual move that avoided the D2.

Maybe I'll use Quantum Slice as well but I'm not a huge fan of it from just messing around with it. Not that Quantum Slice will accomplish anything either.

Boyo

Noob
Fun lil thing that I never noticed is that opponents go through you when using the parry which is kinda useful if they commit to an entire string I guess?

Mandolore1123

Fun lil thing that I never noticed is that opponents go through you when using the parry which is kinda useful if they commit to an entire string I guess?
yeah that's the whole point of the parry, but they can throw you out of it and the recovery is pretty bad :(