What's new

Rain general discussion

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
If Mileena gets her MK2 outfit and not her UMK3 I'll be pissed. The UMK3 costumes are so much better imo.
don't worry .... I'm pretty sure that, once Mileena comes out in November 17th, those shitholes stans around Twitter, will start a new campaign in order to bother and harass Ed Boon for that UMK3 skin, that all others female ninjas got already, including Skarlet that was never a old school UMK3 character, lol ! :p

so, the skin probably will come up next year, in some skin pack planned for the KP3 .... :D

Well you would think since they're both available to use in the game they'll both be in there.
Although now I question whether they'll even put MK3 male skins so Rain can get it with Scorp, Sub and Noob.

Console MK9 gave us male MK1 skins
MKX gave us male UMK3 ninja skins
Maybe 11 will just have the MK2 skins

Stfu lmao. If we don't need gay representation in video games then I guess we don't need straight representation either. Genius idea. These character decisions go through Ed Boon, babe. So maybe point your musty finger at him and maybe not at Stephanie because she's...LGBT? Literally that's the only reason lol. And Mileena and Tanya were canon bi in MKX and that was before Stephanie came out publically and transitioned so idk what kinda low IQ point you're tryna make here.

Imagine saying LGBT doesn't need to be represented in video games. That statement alone tells me all I need to know about you lmao. And it's embarrassing.
lol are you serious?! “babe” (cringe)

I clearly said I don’t need to know who is gay or straight. Are you a bit dumb or are you a bit butthurt? Low iq me lmoa

mook

Noob
Pretty wack they basically just reused a costume for Rain‘s 4th outfit, and like someone else said he wasn’t even in that game lol

If they wanted something more Ninja-esque, they should have just brought back his MK9 outfit with the veil mask.

xXRagingFlameXx

I'm a bad bitch, you can't kill me
lol are you serious?! “babe” (cringe)

I clearly said I don’t need to know who is gay or straight. Are you a bit dumb or are you a bit butthurt? Low iq me lmoa
You clearly said "Being gay is ok lol no need to represent that in video games."

Funny how you ignore the facts I spit just to make yourself look like even more a clown. Good job. Congrats. Big brain move lmao.

Felipe_Gewehr

Twinktile
Well I didnt think the whole gay/bi Rain thing would blow up like this when I posted it. My bad if it caused some unwanted commotion lol

I must agree that Mk2 Rain makes no sense. Still hoping for the ninjas to get their umk3 costumes - after all, Scorpion was shown on the mk11 reveal trailer wearing his umk3 costume, so they perhaps have it modelled already and are just waiting for KP3 to drop or something?

Arqwart

D'Vorah for KP2 copium
If Mileena gets her MK2 outfit and not her UMK3 I'll be pissed. The UMK3 costumes are so much better imo.
If Rain is getting the MK2 skin cause the current ninja trio got theirs in a pack, I assume Mileena will get BOTH her MK2 and MK3 skins as the current female ninja trio got theirs in packs. At a minimum, she's all but guaranteed to get the MK2 one as it's already in the game via Kitana's friendship. Here's to hoping she gets the MK3 one as well as it's so much better imo.

mook

Noob
If Rain is getting the MK2 skin cause the current ninja trio got theirs in a pack, I assume Mileena will get BOTH her MK2 and MK3 skins as the current female ninja trio got theirs in packs. At a minimum, she's all but guaranteed to get the MK2 one as it's already in the game via Kitana's friendship. Here's to hoping she gets the MK3 one as well as it's so much better imo.
Though if that‘s the case, she‘ll have those two skins replacing what could be other designs for outfits.

Felipe_Gewehr

Twinktile
Why is that? I don't think having UMK3/MK2 costumes automatically mean she wont have just as many varied non-classic costumes as the other characters. Where is that notion coming from?

Benlo

PrayforSareena
Why is that? I don't think having UMK3/MK2 costumes automatically mean she wont have just as many varied non-classic costumes as the other characters. Where is that notion coming from?
Maybe because each dlc came with only 4 different skins/40 skins variations ? Well, in fact it was the case before Aftermath, Shang Tsung got more skins, and Sindel will have 2 more with next KL Season, so Mileena will probably have 4 skins + the klassic ones.

Felipe_Gewehr

Twinktile
Maybe because each dlc came with only 4 different skins/40 skins variations ? Well, in fact it was the case before Aftermath, Shang Tsung got more skins, and Sindel will have 2 more with next KL Season, so Mileena will probably have 4 skins + the klassic ones.
hmm I never noticed that dlc chars have fewer skins. still that doesnt mean classic costumes = even less base skin variations, no?

Onryoki

We all die alone. So love yourself before you go.
I really don’t see the appeal in the MK2 and UMK3 costumes. They’re just a bunch of fabric in different colours.

Kiss the Missile

Red Messiah
I really don’t see the appeal in the MK2 and UMK3 costumes. They’re just a bunch of fabric in different colours.
I def feel MK2 is the worst of the bunch, but UMK3 is perfect ninja nostalgia imo. MKX made them look terrible with the droopy masks and rounded shoulder points, but if done right they could be some of the best costumes in the game

MK1/MK2 Ninjas are cool but on the MK3 Ninjas like Ermac and Rain they look weird to me.
Meanwhile I never liked the MK3 look on Reptile, Sub-Zero or Scorpion (MK4 made his better)

But remember there's a Tyrone Wiggins Rain (MK Annihilation) skin in the files. And that's pretty close to MK3.

Zviko

Noob
Which is exactly what ninjas wear. It's light and makes no noise. The "appeal" in those costumes is nostalgia so if you haven't played those games you obviously don't have any. Many of us do.

Although I agree Rain has never wore that I prefer the MK2 skins over UMK3. Also, I don't believe this will take up his 4th slot. It will just be an extra skin because all the other ninjas got it as well. It will most likely be the same with Mileena.

Onryoki

We all die alone. So love yourself before you go.
Which is exactly what ninjas wear. It's light and makes no noise. The "appeal" in those costumes is nostalgia so if you haven't played those games you obviously don't have any. Many of us do.

Although I agree Rain has never wore that I prefer the MK2 skins over UMK3. Also, I don't believe this will take up his 4th slot. It will just be an extra skin because all the other ninjas got it as well. It will most likely be the same with Mileena.
MK Armageddon was my first MK, then I played MK9, MKX and now MK11. It’s probably why I have less feelings for these costumes opposed to many like you.