What's new

Rain general discussion

mook

Noob
Can‘t really complain about the gear, I like it all. Excited to see his fourth outfit unless I missed it among all the stuff about his gear.

Ptehu

Prince of Edenia
Oh man, with every piece of news I'm getting more and more hyped! I can't recall when was the last time when I've waited that much for any kharacter to come to the game!

Felipe_Gewehr

Twinktile
How would you guys feel if Rain is revealed to be gay (or bi) in intro dialogues? Or at least that being hinted at?

I personally would love for Rain to be an out and proud lgbt character. MK could maybe use someone else other than kung jin for representation - plus I think it would suit his personality pretty well. Smug "I-dont-give-a-fuck-about-you-peasants'-opinion-on-my-sexuality" spoiled prince who serves stylish looks. Being gay myself, this Iis just something I would love to see and it would be a nice nod to Prince AND the fact Rain is sometimes portrayed as a fab pink edenian in fan art lol.

Or maybe some would think this as too much of an unnecessary shoehorn in a fighting game that should have nothing to do with their character's sexuality? Discuss!

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
How would you guys feel if Rain is revealed to be gay (or bi) in intro dialogues? Or at least that being hinted at?

I personally would love for Rain to be an out and proud lgbt character. MK could maybe use someone else other than kung jin for representation - plus I think it would suit his personality pretty well. Smug "I-dont-give-a-fuck-about-you-peasants'-opinion-on-my-sexuality" spoiled prince who serves stylish looks. Being gay myself, this Iis just something I would love to see and it would be a nice nod to Prince AND the fact Rain is sometimes portrayed as a fab pink edenian in fan art lol.

Or maybe some would think this as too much of an unnecessary shoehorn in a fighting game that should have nothing to do with their character's sexuality? Discuss!
I think he could be bi, since he is too much hot to be adored only for\by the male audience, hehe .... the female fans all want a piece of him as well, period ! :p

so he is ridiculously attractive as character, and if so, if might be NRS\WB best interest to use him to promote MK franchise more deep into the LGBTQ+ market , targeting new fans from there, so, they could use him , for that specific purpose \ goal, who knows ? :cool:

No

Honestly, I couldn't care less. Not because of some deep-rooted discrimination or not wanting to understand the demographic, but simply because I think in a fighting game, their sexuality is of 0 significance and adds nothing to the character. So as you say, the 2nd option. I love Kung Jin in X and it has 0 to do with being gay / bi. Now what I will say is with MKX NRS did show they at least are aware of today's society and perhaps reflected an open culture if it weren't for MK11. This game has potentially exposed NRS true colours with a toxic working environment, which would mean Stephanie is not fully accepted and this I could definitely see. It could also just be the dumbed down writing of Dominic and that Brian Chard - who left after X - was responsible for a more progressive and deep writing of characters, since plenty of MK11's characters are just over the top, simplistic, shallow to the point of having cringeworthy and sexist intros, taunts and endings.

projectzero00

nomnomnom

Everyone knows is Rain is autosexual. He's too self absorbed and in love with himself to waste time with feelings for other peasants. So he enjoys having sexual relations with himself instead. It's canon.

Ptehu

Prince of Edenia
No, i dont want him to be gay/bi. If they want to introduce lgbt character, go ahead, i dont mind at all, but I grew up with a feeling that he is straight, and all other fighters from ancient 2d and 3d era are straight too, why change it now? That would be a bit too much for me and a bit forces, i'd say. And trust me, Im not anti-lgbt at all and i totally dont mind having kung jin in the game again. I Just feel that they should just leave him and other already existing characters as they are. And Hey, didnt he have a romance with Kitana in early years?

Onryoki

We all die alone. So love yourself before you go.

I wouldn’t mind it at all actually, it’s just that I don’t want his entire character to revive around it.

No, i dont want him to be gay/bi. If they want to introduce lgbt character, go ahead, i dont mind at all, but I grew up with a feeling that he is straight, and all other fighters from ancient 2d and 3d era are straight too, why change it now? That would be a bit too much for me and a bit forces, i'd say. And trust me, Im not anti-lgbt at all and i totally dont mind having kung jin in the game again. I Just feel that they should just leave him and other already existing characters as they are. And Hey, didnt he have a romance with Kitana in early years?
Just because you feel like they’re“straight”, doesn’t mean they actually are. You can be LGBT and engage in heterosexual relationships. Revealing a character is LGBT isn’t changing them, it just means they’re attracted to the same sex or species.

No, i dont want him to be gay/bi.
The fact that this has become a thing in MK is really unnecessary lol

1. Its not our business who is gay or straight
  2. It should not impact the character at all
  3. If a character is gay or straight, there is no need to push it true dialogue or whatever.
  4. Just let MK be a game and let the character be characters
Its basically pushing politics and its getting stupid. Like we need a heroine now till the point that it makes no sense and classic characters look like shit.

srry for being off topic

Last edited:

Zviko

Noob
I wouldn't mind. I would like it actually. And it's not necessarily "politics", not everything has to be but of course people will see it that way for everything. It can be inspiring on personal level as well. Like "if that badass ninja can be open like that about his sexual orientation then so can I" kind of thing.

Would you stop playing him if he started giving out hand jobs behind the Shaolin temple ?