What's new

Rain general discussion

Ptehu

Prince of Edenia
Yes, it has to be me, I need to post this thread.

This is the topic for my man Rain! As he actually IS KOMING to MK11 after all the doubts.

Let's wait for some more information about him but for now I can only tell that his look is cool (I wanted to have more 'prince of persia' vibe but yea, anyway), and his moves are definitely going to be one of the best in the game.
The only part that's making me sad is that he is not playing any role in the story and his inclusion in MK11 as DLC is making his chances to appear in MK12 a bit weaker.

Anyway, ENJOY OUR PRINCE AS FINALLY HE ARRIVED!

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
Give me a water clone that puts the opponent into a water bubble that you can move around if they touch it! :joker:

Listen, I can dream. But I do want some form of water bubble shenanigans to make it in.

Give me a water clone that puts the opponent into a water bubble that you can move around if they touch it! :joker:

Listen, I can dream. But I do want some form of water bubble shenanigans to make it in.
I'd definitely like him to have some gimmicks as you describe, that you can just move him around for a few seconds and choose to slam him to the ground as well. Would love some lightning as well. He easily looks the best. Most hyped for Rain! Just hate that name and that flap is silly.

Rain should have been in the base roster, especially since he didn't get to be back in MK9.

But still, I'm glad to see we are getting him, as he's one of my favorites of the male ninjas. Though, it'll be weird seeing both him and Shang Tsung have that super roundhouse kick.

xXRagingFlameXx

I'm a bad bitch, you can't kill me
Where's the Rain hype? I remember when the game first got announced a million people on here were constantly asking him to be in the game.
Yeah I'm surprised this thread didn't blow up like the Mileena one. But, I'm hype for him! I honestly didn't care for him at first, but seeing how sick his design is has really gotten me hype for him.

I gotta put time into my baby Mileena first, but eventually I'll 100% check him out. I've always loved water benders and the idea of water bending and air bending always gets me hype. I recently discovered that I love playing as Fujin, and so I gotta try my water boi.

I've got a friend that's hella good at MK11 and we've already agreed that on Day One, we're gonna hop in a lobby together and just fight. No practice whatsoever. I'mma be Mileena, he's gonna be Rain.

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
Where's the Rain hype? I remember when the game first got announced a million people on here were constantly asking him to be in the game.
Well, you see... he's not uh...

there's less uh...

not as many fantasies in people's dreams include Rain. Ahem.

Anyways,

I'll be there day 1 learning Rain hoping that he's fun to play and fits my style because he has badass powers and the looks to match.

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
Well, you see... he's not uh...

there's less uh...

not as many fantasies in people's dreams include Rain. Ahem.

Anyways,

I'll be there day 1 learning Rain hoping that he's fun to play and fits my style because he has badass powers and the looks to match.
ARE YOU HAVING INAPPROPRIATE THOUGHTS ABOUT MY QUEEN???:mad::mad::mad:

xXRagingFlameXx

Dude, I've been waiting for a decade for ONE Chaosrealmer. And you bitch about not having the entire Edenian gang in on e game?
YES dafuq. They are pretty and rich and LGBT icons like yes I want them all. They're also the most magical characters and I vibe with them. They're clean af. Like the Edenians have been my favorite and I'm disappointed that they haven't played a more pivotal role as like, a realm. We need an Edenia stage.

But I do want Havik too so.

Ptehu

Prince of Edenia
My hype for Rain is all over the place actually BUT.... My hype for the entire game, for MK11, faded away long time ago. I just realized that even in May, when they released Fujin which is one of my favs, I have played only a couple matches, got through the shitty story and that was it.

Now, when my all time favourite is added, I need to still persuade myself to this game as a whole. And it's actually kinda funny, because I thought there are not gonna be kombat packs anymore and I just gave up on this title. Was patiently waited for MK12 and main-roster-Rain finally. Now I'm slightly confused but still I guess when the time comes and I see more of him, I'd be spamming in this thread like a maniac. Btw, there are 2 Rain threads. Can someone combine them?

xXRagingFlameXx

My hype for Rain is all over the place actually BUT.... My hype for the entire game, for MK11, faded away long time ago. I just realized that even in May, when they released Fujin which is one of my favs, I have played only a couple matches, got through the shitty story and that was it.

Now, when my all time favourite is added, I need to still persuade myself to this game as a whole. And it's actually kinda funny, because I thought there are not gonna be kombat packs anymore and I just gave up on this title. Was patiently waited for MK12 and main-roster-Rain finally. Now I'm slightly confused but still I guess when the time comes and I see more of him, I'd be spamming in this thread like a maniac. Btw, there are 2 Rain threads. Can someone combine them?
I was the same way. I fell off of this game completely for a hot minute, then got into Kombat League recently but never really got INTO the game. But ever since Mileena and Rain were announced, for some reason my hype completely flipped. I've been playing offline mostly, besides to get the last of my Kombat League challenges today. And I've had more fun just chilling and bodying the AI with OP augments. For me, this game is lot more fun when you don't have the stress of Kombat League to worry about.

mook

Noob
Kombat League is kinda cool with the rewards for ranking up, but I definitely feel like it puts alot of uneeded stress on people who feel obligated to collect everything or just people who want new stuff for their main.

Like when you play Street Fighter or Tekken, you aren‘t really playing it for rewards, you‘re playing cos you wanna play it. Hopefully you‘re playing it to improve, and ranking up is a byproduct of that. But people just force themselves to play KL just to collect more stuff instead of wanting to.

SenSx

Noob

That is actually the reason why I waited for Rain to be confirmed before purchasing this game.
I have everything to discover in MK11, with the assurance of Rain being in (my second fav after Reptile, but my most wanted for MK11 since Reptile had his chance in MKX).
My patience paid off (although I had lost all hope for Rain a long tim ago).
That's going to be awesome.