What's new

General/Other Rain coming to MK9 on July 19th

Subby

Frost Warrior
In one week....OH YEAH! I must prepare my body to be ready....and my cat-like reflexes online. ;)

Gurrry

Twitch - 12DollarStreamMonster
First of all.. I called his first fatality. The one where the blow up like a baloon and burst. Its in another thread.. but I definately had a feeling that would be one of them. NRS did not disappoint.

Does anyone think his mindcontrol orb thing actually lets you move the opponent where you want?

The first one he does, the opponent moves towards him. And the final one he does, the opponent moved all the way to the other end of the screen and his then hit with his X-ray.

Its starting to look like Rain is gdlk.

Gamin_Guru

Shang Bang
Roundhouse kick... Check
Teleport... Check
Lightning... Check
Projectile... Check

HELL YEA first ninja I'll actually play

B2k3

Noob
When he roundhoused sheeva, did he uppercut and then continue the combo?

This guy can Uppercut mid-combo!

Gurrry

When he roundhoused sheeva, did he uppercut and then continue the combo?

This guy can Uppercut mid-combo!
Looks like you can uppercut after the roundhouse kick and continue the combo from the other side.

Sick. Good find.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
They put in a lot of references to Rain's past incarnations...

-Victory Pose is straight outta UMK3
-Roundhouse, Control Orb, and Lighting are straight out of UMK3
-Launcher string to start the combo at the end is literally his 113 string in MKA reanimated
-Teleport moves and water stream are straight up references to MKA Rain

Gurrry

the real question is:

how many times will he be able to roundhouse kick you? only once? twice? thrice?

He looks a little ridiculous from this trailer... Huge juggle potential, moar lightning, fast strings... Had ways to get in, ways to get out. His bubble better not be comboable, like he can use it mid combo. That would be stupid, unless it scales when an opponent is iced.

But he seems solid. Two types of tp. Grab seems funny. ;)

I do expect him to be meter tied though. Every time he did lightning for the pop-up, he used ex. His damage better be tiny... But overall, the trailer was intense.

And to all those with the bubble questions, its just going to be like before. If you get it, he can move you around and he stays stationary.

They should of made his x-ray the roundhouse kick. But ohwell.

p.s., is it just me or does he seem a bit... "fruity"? He seems to have a certain... metro vibe to him. Just saying from his spinning entrance and his first combo..

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Rain's entire being is created in reference to Prince. It was expected.

That first overhead string at 0:27 looks absolutely devastating. Just from speed of it and how quickly he dashes after the 3rd hit connects, looks like a great pressure tool (even on block). Also, I hope that kicking string at 0:37 hits low with the first hit.

I'm really hoping that stream of water behaves like Reptile's Acid Stream, and can be used as a combo ender to leave the opponent standing (i.e. Sektor's Flamethrower)

Overall with Roundhouse Kick, Water Orb, launching Lightning, and Teleport Uppercut (sort of), the combo possibilities look endless. As long as his damage isn't complete shit, it wouldn't surprise me if Rain has some of the most devastating bnb's in this game.