What's new

Raidens Electrograb (hold HP) doesnt work in Singleplayer?

ZAQ

Noob
Wouldn't matter anyway, if it was capable of hitting the cpu would probably throw you anyway, or parry or whatever kind of bullshit the cpu will make up to eat your quarters.

Its just find it very strange that this unimportant special move is disabled.

In MK3 some specials are also disabled but only when you are fighting Shao Kahn (Sindel Scream for example).

But I didnt know about Raiden, mainly because Raiden sucks against the AI to play with, so I didnt tried much.

Maybe there was some AI missbehavior with that grab move, and instead of fixing it they simply disabled the move, or its a bug in generel, who knows, who wants to know? never mind. lol...

When it comes to facing the AI, MKII is the Divinity of Bullshit.
The game was made for you to lose (Like every other Midway game). I probably said this before, but it's like computer does a counter command the moment you input a command. No matter what you do, a lot of moves are disabled and not going to work against computer, should you attempt to throw computer, you are SO bound to be thrown, and if at the corner, you're gonna get corner cheesed...unless you master the game's glitches and fully exploit its weaknesses.
Here, for example

TheRagingStorm said:
When it comes to facing the AI, MKII is the Divinity of Bullshit.
[/url]
Wow I could say the same thing about UMK3.

They are both the worst single player fighting games ever.

MK4 is soooooo much funner to play single player.

ded

Elder God
actually mk2 is not that hard with the "jump backers", and liu, lao and mileena could have not that hard beating the game either. i dont remember much stuff with raiden and kitana vs cpu thu...

I played many times against the AI, as far as I have experienced it jumpbackward pattern doesnt work with:

Kitana, Mileena, Raiden, Kung Lao and Liu Kang.

I got it sometimes to work with Kung Lao but not the whole ladder, sooner or later some enemy doesnt react to it.

With Kung Lao, if you jump back, the AI will never shot you, because you could do then a divekick, get into a corner and then they will start to shot if you jump, then you can dive kick, footsweeper them to hell.

I tested all stuff on "very hard" setting on 3.1

Does someone know some AI tactics with those "non jumpbackers" ?

Tim Static

Adminerator
ÐarkMoon said:
KillerMiller said:
Its just find it very strange that this unimportant special move is disabled.
Raiden's shock grab is not unimportant if you know how to use it correctly.
Word. Coming out of that teleport, shock them with immediate Roundhouse....DEVASTATING. I LOVE using Raiden vs. noobs...hehe

It also shocks right through uppercuts, so if you cross over and they try to uppercut, they are fucked. Look out for a throw though.

Derek

Noob
Tim Static said:
Word. Coming out of that teleport, shock them with immediate Roundhouse....DEVASTATING. I LOVE using Raiden vs. noobs...hehe
You could also, Shock, aaHP, Torpedo them.

l SuGaR l said:
Tim Static said:
You could also, Shock, aaHP, Torpedo them.
Not so easy to do online. Roundhouse is 100% guarantee, unless you suck.

Yeah, Yeah, I know in VS. Raidens grab can be useful, when I wrote "unimportant" i mean its not useful against the cpu, because like Scheisse already said, the CPU would not get hit by it anyway so why disable it?

By the way, you even can do 2 aa hp,s and superman after shock, or you can do an uppercut (but that really needs some lucky timing to hit).

I know "it been known for years" but you cant do Jade,s backshot against the AI in UMK3, it simply does not work lol.