What's new

Raiden Tech Discussion

DDutchguy

Stand 4'ing airplanes out of the sky
I have a feeling that there's some good tech to be found for Raiden, or rather stuff you may not have thought about at first. Post all your tech and tech-like discoveries here!

Some things to get you lab monsters started with:
  • 112B3 and 112xxDF2 mixups (112B3 is gapless and crosses up midscreen, making this a true mixup).
  • Compensating for lack of footsies with Teleport (or MB teleport).
  • MB teleport pressure options.
  • (Trait on) B11xxDB1-Orb Stop places a lightning orb behind the opponent on block and fully combos on hit. What options do we have off of this (does 112B3 or 112, B1 lauch them into the orb?)
    • If B13 launches them into it that would be good because it's safe, unlike the other B1 strings.
  • F123xxDB1-Orb Stop ender if you have trait on to set up the same situation again.

Last edited:
Just spitballing and probably wrong but will test when I get a chance;

Any shenanigans/set ups with trait and mb stop orb in the corner? As a former Bo Rai Cho enthusiast, any potential corner traps make me happy.

Was thinking something along the lines of: trait mid combo - insert relevant ender - , backdash/walkback, mb orb stop.

Not sure if there's enough time to pull it off, and it would most likely be beaten out by invincible wake ups depending on space, but I haven't had time to test yet. If anyone could test before I do that'd be cool (don't have enough time today)

KingKhrystopher

Official Merlin of TYM
If anything really good comes along I beg that you all tag me. Im thinking of maining Raiden so it'd be really helpful if you could do that.

Just spitballing and probably wrong but will test when I get a chance;

Any shenanigans/set ups with trait and mb stop orb in the corner? As a former Bo Rai Cho enthusiast, any potential corner traps make me happy.

Was thinking something along the lines of: trait mid combo - insert relevant ender - , backdash/walkback, mb orb stop.

Not sure if there's enough time to pull it off, and it would most likely be beaten out by invincible wake ups depending on space, but I haven't had time to test yet. If anyone could test before I do that'd be cool (don't have enough time today)
You've got the right idea. You could do something like d1xdf2mb, d2x4, f12b2(hold)xdb2, f3, f123xdb1-bolt stop.

Then to knock them into the orb you can do:
b11
b13
f3
f3xbf3 - this preserves the ground bounce
Meaty throw, wakeup roll, bf3
Meaty throw, air tech, f1.... - lots of bar and throw has to be timed just right

Last edited:

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
D2 VB gives a huge HKD. Vicinity is a decent HKD outside of trait.

F12b2 is a HKD in trait.
So f12b2 OrB stop gives a safe jump if they don't delay.
Think all trait strings HKDs in trait as don't hold them to last hit

On another topic, really digging @Red Raptor vid he put out with the 3b3/3-du mixup in the corner with the orb stopped in front of opponent.
Trying to find ways to set it the perfect spacing he has in the vid so orb in front but not close enough to he blocked on wakeup like the f12b2orbstop, ending in 113 backdashing and then doing it what I've been doing but pretty much at neutral that point

scarsunseen

RIP TYM 6/11/2021
B11-DB1(MB) hits and lightning bolt remains

BF3 cross-up in the corner after F1D3

Full-screen DB1(MB)/teleport cross-up

Full-screen DB1(MB) BF3 setup

Last edited: