What's new

Raiden Match Footage

supernumian

Triborg Enthusiast
Hmm, after looking at the grand finals itself I’m not sure what to say. Lots to gimmicky play from Raijin and his opponent is clearly not very well versed in the MU. He also relies a lot on D2s In anticipation of throws. Not sure if this is a very good example of how to play Raiden well but he took the tournament so GGs I guess
Thinking the same.
I was looking for good Raiden gameplay and Hitman is, for sure, one of the best.
However, l saw a lot of online gimmick like D2 from nowhere, and so on...t
Pretty disgusting.
Unfortunately, in MK11, it works.

Mandolore1123

Man of Science Who Wields the Living Lightning

More SF using TW. He seems to do a lot of teleporting at jump distance, and trip-guarding Hayatei. We also seem to be able to S1 anti-air punish Fujin‘S 12~DU on block, so it’ll be worth labbing the other options.

Mandolore1123

SonicFox has answered my silent prayers and played Raijin against NinjaKilla (yes he lost every game he played Raijin in but I don’t care).

Showing some stuff like F4 punish for flying kick, and hitting NK with the B2 KB
Another important thing is that Liu can punish BF1 wits flying kick after ducking, meaning once we move into a certain range we cannot throw any projectiles if opponent can react to it. We have to AMP BF1 or risk a DB4 which he can probably also flying kick over or just block and punish.

Last edited:

Szkarad

( • )( • )ԅ(≖⌣≖ԅ)
Sonixfox has been trying to get b2 kb in every Raiden video and this is I feel the first time he actually wasn't full punished for it. Nice. I wonder why he never uses F1

Mandolore1123

Sonixfox has been trying to get b2 kb in every Raiden video and this is I feel the first time he actually wasn't full punished for it. Nice. I wonder why he never uses F1
He got it against Hayatei too, also in less than 3 minutes into the video.

Mandolore1123

I know Customs will be out soon but I have a suspicion that TW and Raijin will still be perfectly viable variations so here’s some stuff from SF and Impulse

Marlow

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter
For sure. Raidens best two moves are Storm Cell and Teleport. I'm having fun playing around with different ideas, but in reality I think on paper TW and Raijin are still his go to variations for competitive play.

Mandolore1123

For sure. Raidens best two moves are Storm Cell and Teleport. I'm having fun playing around with different ideas, but in reality I think on paper TW and Raijin are still his go to variations for competitive play.
IMO it entirely depends on how much customs are buffed. I really hope they make float not garbage so I can use it. If they make float viable I can see it being good since you get better safety and more full screen presence that Raijin does.

Marlow

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter

Some match play with a custom build of Storm Cell, Lightning Rod, and Quick Charge for the first half before some Raijin vs Rain gameplay.

Interesting seeing Storm Cell and Quick Charge together. Not sure how much Lightning Rod added, but some interesting wrinkles.

Darth Mao

Your Tech is Mine! #buffRaiden

Some match play with a custom build of Storm Cell, Lightning Rod, and Quick Charge for the first half before some Raijin vs Rain gameplay.

Interesting seeing Storm Cell and Quick Charge together. Not sure how much Lightning Rod added, but some interesting wrinkles.
My current build. Storm Cell and Quick Charge work very well together, punishing pokes is so great

Marlow

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter

Some more custom footage. Raiden player starts out with an Electric Burst, Storm Cell, Quick Charge loadout for the first 18 minutes. Around 19 minutes in goes with a Lightning Storm, Storm Cell, Rolling Thunder loadout which I'm kinda interested in. Also plays that loadout again at 34:24.

That thunder cloud looks like it could be decent. Get a lead, throw it out, and then back off and force the opponent to try and get in.

Mandolore1123

Good to see scorpion players never change

Darth Mao

Your Tech is Mine! #buffRaiden
What's your 3rd slot, just curious?
I still can't decide. Personally I think that his skills are not as synergistic as those of other characters, it is difficult to choose because we need to given up too much.

Eletric Burst was my first choice, but having one less option to zone is not a good trade-off. Eletric Current seemed like a good option, as the damage increases considerably with 2 bars and you still get a decent option to check your opponent. Lastly Lightning Rod gives me all those V3 mindgame options, sometimes it comes in handy.

The second option has pleased me more, but I plan on varying this third slot depending on the matchup.

Mandolore1123

Marlow

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter
Yeah, maybe it's just because I'm at a pretty low level and the people I play are also at a low level, but having Summon Lightning is so great to quickly shut down people who are addicted to jumping. I still can't believe Raiden isn't used more as a counter pick to Jacqui, seems like (at least on paper) he should match up really well.

Mandolore1123

Yeah, maybe it's just because I'm at a pretty low level and the people I play are also at a low level, but having Summon Lightning is so great to quickly shut down people who are addicted to jumping. I still can't believe Raiden isn't used more as a counter pick to Jacqui, seems like (at least on paper) he should match up really well.
Raijin went at least even with Upgraded pre-UMK11. Any leap from full screen would be checked or straight punished by summon lightning. But that’s not really relevant now. Either way, summon lightning is a great move, just wish it did more damage or something because TW STILL gets more unbreakable damage than Raijin :(

xRantex

Rante Inferno
Hey guys here's my first flawless victory compilation video for Raiden thunder wave. This was also kombat league xbox live ;) I've gotten sooo many flawless rounds with Raiden I decided to put them in a video :D hope you guys like/subscribe.