What's new

Raiden Match Footage

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Of course he's a great player, but at the same time Jacqui >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Raiden lol I mean I think we can all agree on this be it casual setting, online or tourney. She's just too powerful, I mean there were a few Jacquis in this tourney which imo made it boring.

to be fair, deoxys TW didnt get mopped much harder than his upgraded by dragon. and he got that butt ugly skin.
Well, I would say he did only because his Jacqui didn't get flawlessed. He got less than 50% damage done to Dragon in two rounds man...but I think honestly, some players just do bad or great against others. For example, if you look at Dragon vs Sonic, it seems Dragon has this mental block vs him like he can't do anything against him, but against Deoxys he looked like a totally different player. Not mocking Deoxy he made top 6 so obviously he's a very talented player, even though he did it with Jacqui but I think we see the difference in her and Raiden, Dragon just seemed to have Deoxys''s number no matter what though yesterday.

I asked in Raidens general discussion thread,I will ask here as well. What is the general gameplan from Raidens perspective on how to deal with Sonya? Especially upclose. I would say TW is better because you can force her mid-close range and make her not use projectiles,I could be wrong tho. I do have a problem dealing with her B12 and B14,they seem unreactable. Someone care to explain it?

xRantex

Rante Inferno
I asked in Raidens general discussion thread,I will ask here as well. What is the general gameplan from Raidens perspective on how to deal with Sonya? Especially upclose. I would say TW is better because you can force her mid-close range and make her not use projectiles,I could be wrong tho. I do have a problem dealing with her B12 and B14,they seem unreactable. Someone care to explain it?
Hmm well I just played a sonya I used tw. And yeah up close I d1 and then you can f3 or b1 since her b1 is a high you can d2 or just poke her and win the trade.

Mandolore1123

Man of Science Who Wields the Living Lightning

I know I haven't really been updating this thread and this guy has been posting many more videos before this one, but there's one thing I'm noticing is his interesting use of raw B3~fly cancel into hop 3. Since B31 is very dangerous to use against people who can flawless block and full combo punish the huge gap it has, we need to stagger it. However B3 by itself is -9 and hence hard to really effectively stagger. This adds an extra layer to the mind game of B3 and establishes Raiden hop3 which is an underrated tool imo due to its great range (it hits at around B3 range).

EDIT: He's also ending his optimal mid screen combos with B12 1+3 a lot to get better positioning which I feel is also worth learning if you can pull it off because against characters with good projectiles (which is probably half the cast) sending them full screen with summon lightning might not always be the best solution, especially when you have a life deficit you have to catch up on

Last edited:

Mandolore1123

Time to revive this thread
Raijin VS Kloud Walker (V2) Fujin
Some decent Raijin play. Note that the sword special DB4 from Fujin is a non-factor for Raijin because we can discharge through the gap and punish both meterless and AMPed versions. Won’t comment on MU overall just yet because it’s too early but I don’t think Raijin does poorly at all from what I’ve experienced.

Mandolore1123

Pretty good showing of what Raijin is capable of now after the patch. While I would maintain he still suffers from more or less the same problems (getting zoned out by good fireballs, having weak aerial presence), his offence has certainly improved a lot, especially with the new grab ender off B12. From personal experience the BF1 AMP stuff is pretty useful too

Mandolore1123

Time to revive this thread
Raijin VS Kloud Walker (V2) Fujin
Some decent Raijin play. Note that the sword special DB4 from Fujin is a non-factor for Raijin because we can discharge through the gap and punish both meterless and AMPed versions. Won’t comment on MU overall just yet because it’s too early but I don’t think Raijin does poorly at all from what I’ve experienced.
To correct what I’ve said here: We cannot punish DB4 with discharge if Fujin does B11212~DB4. We can still use discharge to stop the AMP version, but cannot punish the regular one. That being said he’s still pretty - after that move so we can press offense after we condition them not to AMP.

xRantex

Rante Inferno
Hey guys check out this set against a kabal recently. I'll be posting more from kombat league 11 on my YouTube channel. Subscribe for more let me know what you think.

Mandolore1123

Scar's picked p TW it seems. The matches against Sindel are quite worth watching, using TP on wakeup to challenge her F2 on meaty is risky but a good option nonetheless. Though I'm not sure if the MU is in TW's favour. Raiden still struggles in the neutral against Sindel's great buttons

DarksydeDash

You know me as RisingShieldBro online.
I played KL last night and had a very good set with raiden player using Raijin. The mind game off b12 is super strong and F3xx low staff seems to be legit as well because if you try to fuzzy it, he can just f3 throw.

Mandolore1123

New video from Reiko, nothing ground-breaking, just solid play. In the last set though, iirc anytime Kotal does sun, we can fly punish from anywhere on screen, so it’s an easy KB or we can push Kotal out of the sun for the most part.

Mandolore1123

Reiko VS KP. Need to be more careful since glow shuts down Raijin’s DF2 and summon lightning.

Black Chapters

Legend of Legaia Main
I still feel like Raiden should just have better range game since hes so bad up close.

Everytime I see these little things other characters have I'm annoyed. He honestly should have 2 or 3 more Staff normals inkluding an overhead as well as using Lightning more.

Szkarad

( • )( • )ԅ(≖⌣≖ԅ)
Idk bro Raiden seems pretty great at footsies especially since F1 hitbox was fixed, maybe it could be 1 or 2f faster to compete with stuff like Kano's B3 or Baraka F4. also Raiden's F4 is one of the best whiff punishers in the game.
B3 has amazing hitbox and if they don't flawless block it's pretty much return to neutral on block.
You have a decent 50/50 in the form of F2 -> strike/throw. And if they start ducking F2 you full punish that with F4.
imo what Raiden needs if he needs anything is having decent range on his b2 and better zoning game since apart from V1 his fullscreen potential is meh

Mandolore1123

He just needs slightly faster BF1 to more effectively counter-zone (maybe 23-25 frames because the bolt travels so quickly), but I don't want to sacrifice the current buffed frames on AMP BF1

Mandolore1123

Another Reiko vid. Am really starting to think V3 Sindel is a real bad MU for Raijin. BF1 is a complete non-factor, DB4 loses trades, her F2 literally goes half screen and her scream KB hinders our footsies and neutral game. Not to mention her F43 leaves her too far for our F4. Maybe a switch to TW is warranted. Any thoughts?

Szkarad

( • )( • )ԅ(≖⌣≖ԅ)
Sure, b2 leads to good damage when you manage to get KB but otherwise is so awful it's funny... It is probably the move with the worst speed to range ratio in the game, on top of that full combo punishable, so slow you can't meaty on reaction so the oponent can delay wakeup and punish... UGH I get angry just thinking about it... for what it does they should forget the KB and just make it always launch like in MKX. Or make it faster. Or safe. Or have decent range... ANYTHING

Marlow

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter
Sure, b2 leads to good damage when you manage to get KB but otherwise is so awful it's funny... It is probably the move with the worst speed to range ratio in the game, on top of that full combo punishable, so slow you can't meaty on reaction so the oponent can delay wakeup and punish... UGH I get angry just thinking about it... for what it does they should forget the KB and just make it always launch like in MKX. Or make it faster. Or safe. Or have decent range... ANYTHING
I don't think it's awful, I just think it has pretty limited use. But if used correctly, it does it's job.

Szkarad

( • )( • )ԅ(≖⌣≖ԅ)
Yeah, it has some use, but all in all I'd rather shorthop attack (which has decent range actually and is more difficult to punish).. trying to get that sweet KB is just too risky as they'll wakeup U3 or delay wakeup, or roll and full punish me