What's new

Raiden Match Footage

Mandolore1123

Man of Science Who Wields the Living Lightning

Mandolore1123

Yeah I think that OH restand is 0 or slightly negative tbh. Which gives them time to block and you dont whiff your grab. I think F32 restand is plus tho
Is this on hit or on block? There not much reason to block B1 or its follow ups ducking in Truth and Light so I don’t foresee people being hit by the restand often.

You mean F4?? However you can’t hitconfirm F4 into jo push so you’re going to get punished hard if you are going in yolo. Not to mention the difficulty in pushing ppl to the corner without fly
Yeah f4 I mean. And I try to confirm off of f4 into jo push. I yolo f4 in rod ex to keep me safe-ish. And it's not that hard with a combination of jo push and throws. U can alway walk yourself back into the corner and back throw them. Back throw is perfect spacing for rod ex. In corner

Mandolore1123

Yeah f4 I mean. And I try to confirm off of f4 into jo push. I yolo f4 in rod ex to keep me safe-ish. And it's not that hard with a combination of jo push and throws. U can alway walk yourself back into the corner and back throw them. Back throw is perfect spacing for rod ex. In corner
F4 by itself is safe. I don’t think F4~AMP rod is safe in any way (or any string into AMP rod for that matter). Not sure how you’re hitconfirming off a single hitting move but if you can more power to you I suppose. As for walking yourself into the corner, this is very very dangerous and you can easily find yourself trapped there. You may have to go off a lot of resources just to switch sides and you won’t have a lot of resources to make your corner set play work.

F4 by itself is safe. I don’t think F4~AMP rod is safe in any way (or any string into AMP rod for that matter). Not sure how you’re hitconfirming off a single hitting move but if you can more power to you I suppose. As for walking yourself into the corner, this is very very dangerous and you can easily find yourself trapped there. You may have to go off a lot of resources just to switch sides and you won’t have a lot of resources to make your corner set play work.
Well u can walk yourself back and punish with a jo push bnb to switch sides.and yes the rod creates a bubble while u may give up your turn it promotes the opponent to punish which in turn walks themselves into the bubble for a hit stun that actually combos into 1 2. I think this his archetype since his jo push brutality req. Is based off that

Mandolore1123

Well u can walk yourself back and punish with a jo push bnb to switch sides.and yes the rod creates a bubble while u may give up your turn it promotes the opponent to punish which in turn walks themselves into the bubble for a hit stun that actually combos into 1 2. I think this his archetype since his jo push brutality req. Is based off that
I’m going to have to test that. I used to think that AMP rod can be used in certain ways to make you safe but I’ve talked to a few ppl who say it’s all a gimmick and doesn’t work.

I’m going to have to test that. I used to think that AMP rod can be used in certain ways to make you safe but I’ve talked to a few ppl who say it’s all a gimmick and doesn’t work.
Well amp rod is consistent in the corner from what I can tell. Also try 243 into far ex rod. You are +25 if they wake up block or +35 if they stand and take the hit stun

Marlow

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter
Well amp rod is consistent in the corner from what I can tell. Also try 243 into far ex rod. You are +25 if they wake up block or +35 if they stand and take the hit stun

I've tried to do 243 into Amped Rod, and it doesn't seem to work. It seems to hit during the invulnerable stage of the wakeup, so nothing happens, you just waste the meter.

it can make u safe in a way.. It can remove fb gaps I guess from 121 n b31

Marlow

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter

If the opponent does a special or normal that advances enough to put them into the bubble they'll get hit, but I've never noticed enough stun to be able to punish into 12. Also, if Raiden is close enough they can usually punish with a non-advancing normal just fine.

Marlow

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter
I think the restand from overhead is interesting to explore. Have you taken it to the lab and checked the block frames and hit advantage?
However, I think it’s been discussed in the general discussion thread that while you have enough advantage to backdash into AMP rod from summon lightning on hit, the opponent can use U3 to bypass the set up easily and we have to guess whether they U3 or not since if we try to pressure after AMP rod we will get hit by U3. I’m also not sure if we have enough time on AMP rod to cover delayed WU as an option.
@Trustful_Whale @Marlow what do you think?
Restand off of B14 seems interesting, not sure why I didn't think to try that out.

I don't think using Amped Lighting Rod on wakeup is that useful. Seems pretty easy for the opponent to get out of it, and I think T&L needs to conserve the meter for other uses.

Marlow

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter
Also I never enhance jo push unless I'm in the corner. This vari thrives on ex rod set up even tho it loses to u2 it stuffs mosts u2
I'd almost argue the opposite. If you get a chance to Amp Jo Push, it leads to a nice 27% damage or so, and you can end either close or far depending on matchup. You can even go for a non-amp Lightening Rod setup and harass with zoning. To me it seems vital to always keep a bar of meter handy to be able to punish or threaten something like an Amped Lightening Strike.

I've only really found that amped rod is useful on hit on F4 or F2, or maybe as whiff punish with B31.

Mandolore1123

It’s the worst variation that Raiden has and it doesn’t really solve the issues he has in his core kit. The 2 moves he gets directly conflict with each other and are contradictory to his game plan. Sure there’s SOME stuff that works, but you use so many resources for so little gain...

If the opponent does a special or normal that advances enough to put them into the bubble they'll get hit, but I've never noticed enough stun to be able to punish into 12. Also, if Raiden is close enough they can usually punish with a non-advancing normal just fine.
yea some charaters like barakas gutted and couple throw animations dont advance fast enough or they can uppercut universally

Mandolore1123

na i was replying on how it MIGHT be able to keep you safe
But might isn’t good enough for a bar. It’s ultimately a gimmick that you may be able to use to fool people who don’t know the MU. Granted given the number of people who play Raiden or TL in general these gimmicks can probably get you a lot of mileage online. However they are ultimately gimmicks and they aren’t what we should be striving for

Mandolore1123

yea some charaters like barakas gutted and couple throw animations dont advance fast enough or they can uppercut universally
This is what I’m talking about mate. You waste a bar and get punished for 14% and you lose the opportunity for getting your hit stun from the bubble (the Main reward) since bubble doesn’t last all that long either