What's new

Move List - Kotal Kahn Raiden infinite on Kotal?

Rager Da Prince

I can't help my Fiction addiction.
This is about the ball variation, master of storms I believe.

How do I escape the corner after he places one ball in the ball and another back? During the time they are active he places 2 more.

Uninstall raiden please.
Are you talking about his ex static trap?

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Gist of it is that he has 3 orbs down. 1 set is active and the other does as soon as the first ends. He can infinitely loop this unless I'm wrong.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Aren't they highs? Is it possible to neutral duck and d4?
You cannot D4

You cannot armour

You cannot interactible out of the corner

You cannot throw sundisc

You just sit and wait there to get chipped out.

This very likely also happens to a large number of the cast. The problem is that he's doing all this at jump distance. You can't do shit to him. He just knocks you down, gets his free orb, and if you do not immediately get out and you let him touch you it's game over. He cancels or just straight up does a second orb and then starts looping.

STB Shujinkydink

Burning down in flames for kicks
is this what you're referring to? Because as you can see its not guaranteed at all. I suppose he could loop it faster with the ex but then it only lasts as long as he has meter which seems like a waste of meter unless its to chip out like the last 10%

Heres a second situation where raiden is farther away, as you can see you still have an option

Last edited:

Tokiwartoothxdk

『T R I G G E R E D』
if what i understand what you are saying is correct is when he does the trap while you are knocked down and then repeats the loop? just block it, it only ticks once on block which you are then free to do what ever you want

UsedForGlue

"Strength isn't everything"
This is about the ball variation, master of storms I believe.

How do I escape the corner after he places one ball in the ball and another back? During the time they are active he places 2 more.

Uninstall raiden please.
The orbs are high. Even if he block strings into a connecting orb, you can just poke, its not a legit thing.

They can't even do string into MB Orbs, if they do that, just neutral crouch, and then d1.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
yeah you can just attack him, one orb doesnt do anything but chip damage
No, I mean if he has an active trap.

What happens is, he puts 1 trap right in front of me while having a third orb out. He activates the 4th orb and while the first set expires, he puts out another set.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
The orbs are high. Even if he block strings into a connecting orb, you can just poke, its not a legit thing.

They can't even do string into MB Orbs, if they do that, just neutral crouch, and then d1.
Read my other posts above. I was asking Nivek what do I do to escape it and he legitimately told me "I don't know".

STB Shujinkydink

No, I mean if he has an active trap.

What happens is, he puts 1 trap right in front of me while having a third orb out. He activates the 4th orb and while the first set expires, he puts out another set.
you'll want to attack him when he puts out the third orb, hes quite negative there before he can get out the 4th. F12 is good option with Kotal. Be quick though it can be challenging if you lose track of which orb he has up

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
you'll want to attack him when he puts out the third orb, hes quite negative there before he can get out the 4th. F12 is good option with Kotal. Be quick though it can be challenging if you lose track of which orb he has up
We're talking in the situation where one set of 2 orbs is already active and he's outside of D4 range and in the corner. I cannot touch him in any way without Xray.

We tested it a bit in the corner, even sunstone gets shocked as he moves his hand forward.

STB Shujinkydink

We're talking in the situation where one set of 2 orbs is already active and he's outside of D4 range and in the corner. I cannot touch him in any way without Xray.

We tested it a bit in the corner, even sunstone gets shocked as he moves his hand forward.
so you're saying when he does like an ex one then a regular one? cause you can still move after the regular one.

I might have to wait and see what nivek posts cause as of right now i dont think im understanding

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.

So the positioning is: corner, Kotal, orb, Raiden? So you're barely outside of the trap and if you move forward you'll be shocked?

I think there should be enough time between the lightning disappearing and the second trap appearing for you to do something. You could always run in and block the one hit activation. Probably even run in and D4 quickly. Unless the trap was secretly changed to a mid you should be able to crouch under it.

Solution is to walk up and block the orb, the setup stops

Based on nivek's stream

Edit: if you block though, then raiden gets to grab or check you with normals before you're out of blockstun according to the stream comments

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Ok, for anyone who ever has the same question as me.

You can walk forward to block a set of orbs. Raiden still gets to be very + since you're in blockstun. This creates offence for him everytime he knocks you down.

@Nivek will post a video. I think this is very important for MOS players. He's currently testing which characters HAVE to walk forward and block them.

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
Can someone post a video already?
We're 24 posts in and I still have no idea what we're talking about.
It's basically, Raiden has someone trapped in the corner. And the trap starts with the orb touching for the DoT but not the actual lightning strike hitting. So the opponent has to either inch forward and try to block it. Or sit there taking DoT damage hoping Raiden tries to come in which makes him susceptible to low pokes. Or some characters have armor punishes. It's really just the day 1 mind game stuff his traps always allowed.