What's new

General/Other - Raiden Raiden General Discussion

DDutchguy

Stand 4'ing airplanes out of the sky
Displacer question, how do people do f12b2 after b3, 4, db2 in the corner?? It never connects for me.
Practice I’m afraid. Are you run canceling the DB2? If it still doesn’t work, the only thing to do is to get used to the timing after practicing a LOT.

Tanno

The Fantasy is the Reality of the Mind
Raiden's RC is one of the hardest to pull off. Takes a lot of practice to pull this off.

Try practicing with this combo:

MB DF2, B14, DB1xxRC, 214.

The B14 should give you enough time to practice that and catch up with the opponent.

You'll know that DB2 is even harder than DB1.

Last edited:

MadPropz101

"I still got it...but not much of it"
Practice I’m afraid. Are you run canceling the DB2? If it still doesn’t work, the only thing to do is to get used to the timing after practicing a LOT.
What do you mean? I do the low string into db2 but i can't the f1 after, in the corner combo.

Euph0nic

Purple Glowy Stuff
and something helped me with run cancels- don't look for the run to come out, assume you hit it and get the next input going asap (f1 in this case)
it's buffered in most of the time

MadPropz101

"I still got it...but not much of it"
Can someone explain how to do Raiden's Dark Force brutality? I press forward back forward when he shoots electricity and nothing happens.

I’m HELLLAAA late to the party here but for all you necros out there peep this setup i found for creating the safe b2 setup on block out of a restand. Sadly it only works on select male characters and the ender you do to make orb appear consistently afterwards depends on the character. Like for tremor here, s4 ex orb works extremely consistently on his hurtbox so it’s basically guaranteed to happen. In the vid I show how plus it is, and the fact that tremor has no options against it. He can’t poke, jump or armor this. And we get to safely net a minimum 50% one bar restand off a 50/50. I honestly think this setup is SUPER polarizing in the right MUs. Like tremor and predator, both characters this works on.

Raidenwins

Raiden Practitioner

I’m HELLLAAA late to the party here but for all you necros out there peep this setup i found for creating the safe b2 setup on block out of a restand. Sadly it only works on select male characters and the ender you do to make orb appear consistently afterwards depends on the character. Like for tremor here, s4 ex orb works extremely consistently on his hurtbox so it’s basically guaranteed to happen. In the vid I show how plus it is, and the fact that tremor has no options against it. He can’t poke, jump or armor this. And we get to safely net a minimum 50% one bar restand off a 50/50. I honestly think this setup is SUPER polarizing in the right MUs. Like tremor and predator, both characters this works on.
I am glad to see there are people still playing MKX, close to five years after it came out. For my money, MKX is far superior to MK11 in every way, better gameplay, graphics and animation, art style, story, characters, and single player modes.

With that said, i feel like i've already seen this tech, probably even on this very thread, a number of pages back. It doesn't look like new tech.

I am glad to see there are people still playing MKX, close to five years after it came out. For my money, MKX is far superior to MK11 in every way, better gameplay, graphics and animation, art style, story, characters, and single player modes.

With that said, i feel like i've already seen this tech, probably even on this very thread, a number of pages back. It doesn't look like new tech.
The setups I’ve seen that do this all involve knocking the opponent getting knocked down to get the orb behind them. This technique makes it so you can do it out of restand and be +10 and have them not be able to armor out in certain cases. And stopping the orb at the Right distance on knockdown is really hard to consistently do but doing it on block makes it guaranteed to combo after.