What's new

Video/Tutorial - Grandmaster Raiden Electric Fly going through Clone must be fixed ASAP

lol @ people bitching about the thread. You dont have to view it and im sorry its a first world problem 4 you

lol @ people bitching at Tom for this when hes traveling , spending $$$, and doing so much for the game. while you are???

UsedForGlue

"Strength isn't everything"
TYM has gone to shit.

This is legit info from @Tom Brady and it just saddens me that no matter what information is given, you are considered a cry baby, or you called out for asking for buffs, when all you are trying to do, is level up the community and point out clear flaws in game mechanics.

Yes, the Klone should stop every physical meter attack that isn't armoured once you touch it, you shouldn't be able to hit him through it normally, if you see a problem with that, then maybe we should change the game to how you see it, lets start by having projectiles pass through bodies from under half screen, or MB launching moves splat the opponent on the ground if you hit a crouching opponent...the Klone freezes people for touching it without armour, that's what it is supposed to do, deal with it.

Why do you think me and @A F0xy Grampa have tried to stay away from posting tech, tier lists and opinions on OP stuff?

The community needs to see this site for what it is, a place to level up, not spew out the same replies because they are afraid to speak up about what is wrong in the game, and instead sit in the crowd with the sort of replies that belong on twitch chat feeds.

Tom, just tag in the people that matter or have influence on a private message, this is a waste of your time.

Last edited:

ChaosTheory

A fat woman came into the shoe store today...
So a guy spends his time researching and finding bugs, makes the community aware of bugs and gets lit up for it. THAT'S why this community is a joke. We flame people for sharing their discoveries. Good god people.
I'm assuming you haven't been around this shit that long. Not to talk down to you or anything. But you're showing certain characteristics I've seen from a lot of (relatively) new guys when it comes to this particular subject. All I'm saying is if you go back to the boards since at least MKDC, then to MK9, then to Injustice, and now to MKX... you'll see a FUCKING unbelievably consistent pattern. It's almost cartoon-like.

Don't be too quick to label bullies and victims.

Northern Slasher

Heads or Tails X
I'm assuming you haven't been around this shit that long. Not to talk down to you or anything. But you're showing certain characteristics I've seen from a lot of (relatively) new guys when it comes to this particular subject. All I'm saying is if you go back to the boards since at least MKDC, then to MK9, then to Injustice, and now to MKX... you'll see a FUCKING unbelievably consistent pattern. It's almost cartoon-like.

Don't be too quick to label bullies and victims.
I've been around long enough. You don't need to be around somewhere long enough to know trolling someone for research is wrong regardless of how and how often its delievered.

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
Why are people so angry? This has needed a fix since release. Everything in the OP is legit.
I have no idea why people are angry, including Tom Brady, this is only a game.
Then again he's making several different threads about Ice Clone instead of just summing it all up in a single thread and his narration is always this desperate gloomy tone making it sound like Sub Zero is a bad character and it's the end of the world.

And then he goes into other, similar character threads to trash talk others who have the exact same right to complain as he does.
No sympathy.

D4G

Win At All Cost
I'll admit I do my fair amount of trolling on TYM but only when the thread warrants it. How does somebody posting a glitch constitute a good reason to start a flame war?

The argument defending yourselves is that it's only because Tom's posted 3 threads in a week is moot since you guys have responded in the exact same way since the very first one, regardless of what information was given. Grow up people.

Heading to EventHubs to engage in meaningfull discussion.

:DOGE

Last edited:

Northern Slasher

Heads or Tails X
I have no idea why people are angry, including Tom Brady, this is only a game.
Then again he's making several different threads about Ice Clone instead of just summing it all up in a single thread and his narration is always this desperate gloomy tone making it sound like Sub Zero is a bad character and it's the end of the world.

And then he goes into other, similar character threads to trash talk others who have the exact same right to complain as he does.
No sympathy.
Because he travels and plays it competitively is why he is mad. He doesn't sit and play it for free, travelling isn't cheap.

TheIrishFGCguy

Pew pew pew
the Klone freezes people for touching it without armour, that's what it is supposed to do, deal with it.
But how do YOU know that? Do you work for NRS? How do you know the klone is meant to freeze every attack? Just because it did that in every other MK game ever doesn't mean that's what it's supposed to do in MKX!

^

The above sentence is an example of one of the more prominent stupid ass arguments we've been dealing with ever since Tom brought this up.

Last edited:

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
This needs to be addressed. I could understand it happening from point blank range, but from almost full screen? Thats BS. Raiden completely shuts down, for free, the primary weapon SZ has to start his setups and to defend himself against him.

And this comes from a player who hates GM with a passion.

Last edited:

skater11

The saltiest
For a move like ice clone where technically is always a "whiff" for lack of a better word. I think this comes down to recovery frames issues meaning it is completely working as should and you are just being punished. Doing ex clone for example might work how you (TomBrady)expect it to. simply because it's much faster. Though I might be wrong.

ICE Clone freezes everytime Grandmaster players may have to burn meter against Raiden players I dont think its a glitch I think its has to be the ice statue not completely be on the screen.

ICE Clone freezes everytime Grandmaster players may have to burn meter against Raiden players I dont think its a glitch I think its has to be the ice statue not completely be on the screen.
False, Raiden goes through EX Clone as well. And the Clone is completely on screen. Electric Fly comes out in 14 frames and the clone in 8 frames. Even at point blank range the Clone is out and formed before Electric Fly would impact it, let alone from across the screen. It is not even a debate, it is a fact that the Clone is fully formed in the example used.

UsedForGlue

"Strength isn't everything"
The clone has to be out longer for it to freeze raiden Im testing right now in pratice.
That doesn't matter, the point is, he can blow through it for free on reaction.

Sub Zero at some point has to Klone in the mid screen game to shutdown Raiden's push for the corner game, its what Grandmaster is supposed to do. In a mid screen game with Raiden, all you are trying to do is stay of the corner as everything Raiden does is designed to push you to the corner, and thats where his game begins, its the whole purpose behind Raiden in Thunder God.

If you as a Sub Zero player cannot put a Klone in a mid screen game without a Raiden player scouting it and blowing it up on reaction, then you have a problem.

Its not a difficult thing to do, it happens vs me all the time, one of the very reasons why I have steered away from Sub Zero GM vs Raiden while everyone was thinking I was crazy to not use it vs him.

MK_Al

Noob
TYM has gone to shit.
Why do you think me and @A F0xy Grampa have tried to stay away from posting tech, tier lists and opinions on OP stuff?

Tom, just tag in the people that matter or have influence on a private message, this is a waste of your time.
If you or any other member who has ideas / opinions and tech to share stop from doing so because of some little kids and people with bad behavior then TYM will go shit for sure. And honestly, there are also some well known members who can't have a single discussion without taking things to a personal level. Thats unfortunately how things are on public forums. However, help raising the overall quality of this site by NOT backing off.

Also, most people here complain because it's the 3rd post dealing with the ice clone. Updating the first would have probably been enough.

On the subject, fix raidens fly hitbox.