What's new

Strategy - Displacer Raiden (Displacer) Ex Teleport pressure

Tokiwartoothxdk

『T R I G G E R E D』
This video shows that ex teleport of raidens new string leave you at some advantage but the window is really tight and there are a number of gaps and ways to get out

This video shows that a EX teleport after f2 2+4 leave you at a good amount of advantage and there are no gaps except for in between the 2 and b2 of f12b2. If you do this cancel you have a free shot at a 50/50 (sort of). There is enough advantage to go for the overhead without it being interrupted. the low how ever can be backdashed/armored. If the try to get out of the low they get hit by the overhead. The only move so far ive found that gets past the teleport into string (tried cassie ex backflip and tempest lao ex spin) is Ermacs ex dissapear

4x4lo8o

Noob
Did you by any chance come up with a list of which strings have advantage when canceled into teleport?

Tokiwartoothxdk

『T R I G G E R E D』
Did you by any chance come up with a list of which strings have advantage when canceled into teleport?
no, but I can look into it in a bit when i have the time. Ill edit this post

EDIT: ok so string poke i have found that are advantage after a ex teleport are:
b1,1
2,1(only about +1-3)
f2
f2 2+4
f2,4
f1,2,b2
3,4( only about+1-3)
everything else seems to be anywhere from -2 to 0 (some could be +1 but its hard for me to see)

Last edited:

Shawnzzy

Scrub Extraordinaire
Taking this concept and applying it now after the latest patch I am seeing some success. Does this mean that more strings are plus frames as well now? I am testing it out in ranked and people don't respect the pressure near enough and I am not having a problem maintaining meter either.

omooba

fear the moobs
no, but I can look into it in a bit when i have the time. Ill edit this post

EDIT: ok so string poke i have found that are advantage after a ex teleport are:
b1,1
2,1(only about +1-3)
f2
f2 2+4
f2,4
f1,2,b2
3,4( only about+1-3)
everything else seems to be anywhere from -2 to 0 (some could be +1 but its hard for me to see)
what about stuff that are plus after a normal teleport or even 0 on block

I doubt any would be plus or even neutral on block with a normal teleport but ill check just in case
ive heard, idk this to be 100% true. but ive heard that both fwd 2, and fwd 2,2+4 into regular tele (either, in place or behind) r both like +1 or +2. like not super plus, but plus enough where u would win that poke if they press a button. and gain real advantage.

Snibbor

Yarrrr Matey
F2, (2+4)xx tele is slightly plus, you can definitely b1 or d1 to beat people trying to press buttons.

D

Deleted member 64931

This is super old, but does anyone know the frame data for teleport after the b14 restand?

D

Deleted member 64931

I don't know it, but give me the combo and I can figure it out. With restands, it might be combo or height dependent.
It’s any starter into shocker b14 teleport.
Typical bnb would f12b2 x3 or f12b2 11 run f12b2 shocker b14 teleport.

It seems like b3 will beat any poke attempt so
You might be guaranteed a 50 50 assuming your opponent has no bar.

Second Saint

A man with too many names.
It’s any starter into shocker b14 teleport.
Typical bnb would f12b2 x3 or f12b2 11 run f12b2 shocker b14 teleport.

It seems like b3 will beat any poke attempt so
You might be guaranteed a 50 50 assuming your opponent has no bar.
B3's 13f, right? So you should be at least +7. You might be able to jail his f1.

D

Deleted member 64931

That sounds pretty nice. I guess I'll add displacer raiden to the list of characters I should pick up, but probably won't.
If he didn’t get the meterless plus frames off of f2 2+4 I think he would suck honestly. But it’s strike throw every time he connects that on block. Opponent could armor but it’s a big mind game.

Last edited by a moderator: