What's new

Raiden Combos

Mint

too weird to live, too rare to die
This is literally the worst combo thread I've seen. Op going to update anything? This is such a mess.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Nice mid screen Raiden combo, two bars but considering definitely not bad for 380%

rainuS

Prince of Edenia
Early combos for new variation:

Corner combos:
1) B12 JoPush (MB) f2, d1, 243 db2 - 318,48
2)F4 JoPush (MB) f2, d1, 243 db2 -343,67
Midscreen:
1)B12 JoPush (MB) f4 db2 - 265,61
2)F4 JoPush (MB) f4 bf3 - 266,72
3)B31 JoPush (MB) f4 db2 - 284,61

DDutchguy

Stand 4'ing airplanes out of the sky
Those combos look pretty underwhelming damage-wise, does F2, 12 not work midscreen with Jo Push?

I wonder how good the space control aspect of Jo Push is though, considering it has crazy good range

rainuS

Prince of Edenia
No it doesnt work he is to low to connect f2, prepatch it worked flawlessly but he could reach around 300 with db2 ender lol.
Unfortunetelly out of f4 he is to low to end in db2 so I end in JoPush.

No superman and sideswitch is already bad, we cant make b12 safe there is no teleport and no superman cancels.

Mel0

Noob
In order to at least salvage this variation. What changes would you guys make to make it at least useable from the other variations because to me, I don't see a reason to choose this over tw or raijin

In order to at least salvage this variation. What changes would you guys make to make it at least useable from the other variations because to me, I don't see a reason to choose this over tw or raijin
Giving back fly, for starters. I don't understand what they're thinking with this replacement. Fly defines a lot of what Raiden has always been about: shoving people into corners whenever he wants.
I get that they wanted us to keep Lightning Bolt while having Jo Push equipped, but nothing about Jo Push makes any actual sense; why is this move two slots? I now get to lose my most versatile combo ender and cornering tool for a boxy special not-projectile that doesn't deal damage?
And keeping Lightning Bolt is pointless when we have zero time to make use of it with Lightning Rod anyways.

Lightning Rod needs a longer, or infinite, lifespan. It's actually a joke how briefly the rod will stay on the field before vanishing considering how long it takes Raiden to even use the projectile specials that this move interacts with.
Simply makes no sense that they wouldn't touch this move at all when sticking it into a legit variation. I'm convinced nobody actually tested this one at all and just slapped it together. So far every one of us here has determined this move doesn't last long enough within a few seconds of mucking about with it.

The fact anyone even looked at these two moves, which cannot be used together at all, and thought "yeah, I can feel the synergy!" blows my mind completely.

Black Chapters

Legend of Legaia Main
Replace it with Thunder God.

Mel0

Noob
Here's my take on improving T&L:

• Make us at least choose what side to teleport on when jo push is amp'd
  • Make jo push conflict with NOTHING (make it a bf2 input or something)
  • Make jo push combo the way it did prepatch. (Idk what the reasoning was to remove raiden's midscreen damage for)
  • Make LR last WAY longer. As it stands, you can get 2 projectiles from a rod, but you have to literally do nothing else but throw lightning or else you just get one projectile
  • When an opponent is hit with the LR bubble, have a period of stun so you can combo from it. Make this super small but possible with say s1 so you don't get combo'd from full screen. This puts more emphasis on setting up amp LR and it having an actual payout instead of a 4% baby hit
  • In the corner, amp regular LR bubble seems to hit the opponent, but does not. it would be cool to set up the bubble and then launch with say b31. They'd get clipped by the tip of the bubble and you can continue the combo. It's flashy and again puts more emphasis on LR setups. MAKE THE MOVE USEFUL PAULO PLEASE
  • Other than the universal changes I've seen in this thread, I think these would be a good addition to up T&L's gameplan making him set up with LR and combo from jo push. Even if they keep jo push the same with crap damage, I'd like to see those LR changes implemented.

Marlow

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter
I think you nailed it with your above post. All of those things, please.