What's new

Breakthrough - Raiden Raiden balance changes

I played as TG Raiden against my buddy. We got bodied each other. I have gotten used to TG Raiden by now, but I want to level up for him.

Usually, how do you start the match after the "FIGHT" announce? I do the EX electrocute. I'm in need to find something similar like Sub Zero's D4xxIce Klone to defend myself from my opponents.

In the corner, when my opponents are down, what do I do to keep them in the corner? I need to get used of doing a lot of BnBs there.

Thanks, sirs.
Starting the match with ex shocker is a terrible idea. Either just walk back or on a read be ready to anti air or air to air.

If you knock your opponent down in the corner they'll usually either try to wake-up jump/NJP, or poke. You gotta make the read and capitalize. *tip* never knock them down in the corner. Always end with b14(optional bolt) or b14 fbrc 21.

I do b11,lrc,213,f2,f2,b14,bf3 =26%
1% more))
More can be done 28% but it's hard.
b11,lrc,213,f2,njp,f2,b14,bf3.
There's huge reasons to use b112 over b14. Biggest reason is travel distance which should always be the goal with TG. Get to the corner

DDutchguy

Stand 4'ing airplanes out of the sky
There's huge reasons to use b112 over b14. Biggest reason is travel distance which should always be the goal with TG. Get to the corner
Doesn't the opponent's travel distance depend more on BF3 than on whether you cancel into it from B112 or B14?

Darth-Nero

Come Thunder! Come Lightning!
Is it just me or does the superman come out easier after 1122 (hold2) now?
This have always been the user's error not a Raiden problem. New Raiden players who are still not comfortable with him, tend to mash the lightning string commands in intense moments so they accidentally add extra two(s) at the end. That is why superman don't come out after the strings.

Tanno

The Fantasy is the Reality of the Mind
Never had a problem with it so I haven't noticed. I've heard some do, especially newer Raiden players, so that's a good thing.
Tested about this. There's a slight gap after the last held 2. I did it with Shocker. I have found my own way to do the B1122(H)xxSuperman with the same thumb finger.

Never had a problem with it so I haven't noticed. I've heard some do, especially newer Raiden players, so that's a good thing.
This have always been the user's error not a Raiden problem. New Raiden players who are still not comfortable with him, tend to mash the lightning string commands in intense moments so they accidentally add extra two(s) at the end. That is why superman don't come out after the strings.
Tested about this. There's a slight gap after the last held 2. I did it with Shocker. I have found my own way to do the B1122(H)xxSuperman with the same thumb finger.
The problem wasn't mashing extra buttons, the problem I faced was that it's hard for me to hold on the 2 while I have to slide bf3 with the same thumb. Also timing.

The problem wasn't mashing extra buttons, the problem I faced was that it's hard for me to hold on the 2 while I have to slide bf3 with the same thumb. Also timing.
I'm a stick player so a lot of the holding buttons while doing other buttons, situations are no issue for me. You pad players, I feel for you sometimes. I've messed around with pad just for lulz... Raiden is a weird character on pad (if I played any other character seriously they'd probably be hard too on pad)

Raidenwins

Raiden Practitioner
Not a hitchhiker's thumb but also I'm not a 7 year old girl Lol. Unless im doing it wrong, you never let go of the 2 correct even when you're doing the superman?
Yea, the easiest way to do it IMO is to use your index finger for 1, 1, 2, 2 (hold) and then very slightly after Raiden teleports, do BF3 with your thumb. Very easy. The patch didn't make it easier or harder, it's the same difficulty. My biggest problem was tacking on an extra 2 at the end.

Tanno

Yes you keep holding 2 while you input bf3.
That's the way of the hitchhiker thumb. lol

I, also, have the same hitchhiker thumb, yet I don't have a problem there. Others like @Nivek have found to hold the middle at 2 and press with the index the 3. I found the way of pressing it with the same hitchhiker thumb. The trick is to hold 2 with the edge of the thumb, and press 3 with the base of phalanges, like a triangular shape.

Darth-Nero

Come Thunder! Come Lightning!
I found the way of pressing it with the same hitchhiker thumb. The trick is to hold 2 with the edge of the thumb, and press 3 with the base of phalanges, like a triangular shape.
That's what i've been doing since day 1, wtf is that index finger talk is even about? lol
This isn't takeda's hard to blockable

Tanno

That's what i've been doing since day 1, wtf is that index finger talk is even about? lol
This isn't takeda's hard to blockable
I remember Nivek talking about this a while ago. I'm not that good with English anatomy to say about this. lol

Tanno

Guys, is it my idea or is something wrong with the teleport on the corner? I have noticed a similar problem with the other characters.

When Raiden teleports in front of his opponent, he only faces the other side, and not the opponent.

I decided to check pre-patch video for the corner teleportation combos, and I found out that pre-patch this wasn't the issue. Meta-patch Raiden has the issue of facing the wrong side.

I tried doing the various combos, including the teleportation ones to keep the AI cornered, when I felt upon this.

:(

Guys, is it my idea or is something wrong with the teleport on the corner? I have noticed a similar problem with the other characters.

When Raiden teleports in front of his opponent, he only faces the other side, and not the opponent.

I decided to check pre-patch video for the corner teleportation combos, and I found out that pre-patch this wasn't the issue. Meta-patch Raiden has the issue of facing the wrong side.

I tried doing the various combos, including the teleportation ones to keep the AI cornered, when I felt upon this.

:(
yes it is exactly how you described.
also another problem in the corner, try doing 34 teleport (displacer) and then catching with d1. it works mid screen, but not in the corner.

Tanno

yes it is exactly how you described.
also another problem in the corner, try doing 34 teleport (displacer) and then catching with d1. it works mid screen, but not in the corner.
You mean to try 34xxEx teleport, D1 or 34xxEX Teleport, DF1? Just to clarify things a bit. But which teleport you mean? Behind the opponent or in front him?

after regular teleport, doesnt matter behind or in front, raiden cant catch with d1 in the corner.
ex can though.
on mid screen i usually do 34 teleport, and if i hit, i hit confirm into quick d1>shocker full combo.
but that doesnt work in the corner.

Tanno

after regular teleport, doesnt matter behind or in front, raiden cant catch with d1 in the corner.
ex can though.
on mid screen i usually do 34 teleport, and if i hit, i hit confirm into quick d1>shocker full combo.
but that doesnt work in the corner.
Tried it. There's a way. Try this combo. This might workaround this issue till it gets patched.

B2, 214xxEX Electric Fly (the diagonal ones), 34xxEX Away Teleportation (Holding the Back button), D1xxEX Shocker...

Holding the Back button while teleported does work on corners, while the normal EX DU doesn't. Appearing to watch the wrong side has a fucking gap and ends as a normal teleportation, and if someone notices this, he'll either block or throw back.