What's new

Strategy Ra Helios Catwoman : Corner to Midscreen Corner Punish!!!

Ra Helios

Omnipotent God-like Selina Kyle Player
Something that can help ya when it comes to corner to midscreen corner. Tell what ya think. It in idea. What is your thoughts of my idea. I will respond tomorrow at 8:40pm if any of you have any questions. Peace.

chemist4hire

I Got Guiled
catwoman's down 1 is 7 frames. Characters like raven with a 6 frame down 1 will beat your d1 check after a blocked jump in 1 or 2 and characters like zod and zatanna with a down 1 of 7 frames will trade with you. If you are catwoman you should use jump 2 when jumping in and use your spacing to land outside of your opponents d1 range in case your jump in is blocked. I dont like to jump in with jump 1 because of my opponent being able to down 1 me because jump 1 does not leave you in much advantage. If you do jump in with 1, do it deep and follow up with 3,3 if they block to punish there d1 attempt. A well spaced jump 2 though is better to avoid being d1.

Ra Helios

catwoman's down 1 is 7 frames. Characters like raven with a 6 frame down 1 will beat your d1 check after a blocked jump in 1 or 2 and characters like zod and zatanna with a down 1 of 7 frames will trade with you. If you are catwoman you should use jump 2 when jumping in and use your spacing to land outside of your opponents d1 range in case your jump in is blocked. I dont like to jump in with jump 1 because of my opponent being able to down 1 me because jump 1 does not leave you in much advantage. If you do jump in with 1, do it deep and follow up with 3,3 if they block to punish there d1 attempt. A well spaced jump 2 though is better to avoid being d1.
Well I tested Cat woman down d1 with another catwoman d1. I j1 d1. the another catwoman block my attack but he couldn't do the down 1 because of the delay kick or whip. If you ever play online you know that always happen when your opponent jump kick you and you block. You cannot poke him because of the delay. so You just have to wait until he jump 1 or 2 and poke you. not because of the frames. Also this is in idea for the people that want to keep on pushing your opponent in the corner to midscreen corner. it is like a strategy so you can do it consistently. I will put this in my skill set. you can do a 50/50 mix up confusing your opponent thinking your going for a low but actually going for a overhead. do this consitently and your opponent will be in the corner over and over again. which give catwoman player advangtage over a zoner.

plus you cannot stop a poke when you a overhead kick block your opponent because of the delay hit. I tested it. plus people do this to me all time online and I can't poke back because of the delay hit.

Ra Helios

Also I already know about the spacing with j1 and j2; I use jump 1 for croosing over or if both players jump at the same time and I use j1 and he uses jump 2 then my j1 will beat it all the time

chemist4hire

I Got Guiled
Well I tested Cat woman down d1 with another catwoman d1. I j1 d1. the another catwoman block my attack but he couldn't do the down 1 because of the delay kick or whip.
That was my point. Catwomans d1 is not the fastest in the game. So a character with a faster d1 will still hit you. The block stun on jump 1 is not that great. If you hit a jump 1 very deep you increase the chances of your d1 trading/connecting but doing that makes you vulnerable to an anti air.

Ra Helios

That was my point. Catwomans d1 is not the fastest in the game. So a character with a faster d1 will still hit you. The block stun on jump 1 is not that great. If you hit a jump 1 very deep you increase the chances of your d1 trading/connecting but doing that makes you vulnerable to an anti air.

Wait I'm Confuse. Let me Explain it.

When you do a crossover attack because I tested it out. When you do a crossover attack j1. It will stun your opponent making you having a chance to do a pock which is accurate 100% of the time. So as the J2 if you are very close. So if your opponent bloack your d1 you can use catclaw to make it safe. Which make you not vulnerable for a attack. Plus Yeah I already know about the J1 uppercut. That is why you do the j2. But the reason why I did that because people have there own preferences. that is why I warn them it will be unsafe if you are going to take the j1 risk or Jump 2.

Plus this strategy will help Catwoman player to keep your opponent consistently in the corner. Especailly when Cat-woman punch a lot of Damage.

Ninj

Where art thou, MKX Skarlet?
Online is silly. You would preface your tech videos with something like "this is for online play".

This is a tournament site so the assumption is tech is for offline

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Reborn

Noob
Online is silly. You would preface your tech videos with something like "this is for online play".

I tried out the j1 d1 xx claws and it works on every character. The j1 puts the opponent in enough block stun to prevent them from d1 or a quick reversal. The only time it traded was against Lex. I had to deliberately hit him in the top of his head (and due to his large hitbox) he could beat out CW's d1 with a Corp Charge. At least for the j1 into d1 part of the video, it seems to be solid.

Ra Helios

Ninj try the tech out. This work offline as well. Offline works better then online. I'm irritated how bad my connection is. But it works.
Try it. It will help you out from getting zone by zoners. So you can consistently push them in the corner. Which is a great idea in my opinion especially when catwoman do high enough damage in the corner already. :)

Ra Helios

I tried out the j1 d1 xx claws and it works on every character. The j1 puts the opponent in enough block stun to prevent them from d1 or a quick reversal. The only time it traded was against Lex. I had to deliberately hit him in the top of his head (and due to his large hitbox) he could beat out CW's d1 with a Corp Charge. At least for the j1 into d1 part of the video, it seems to be solid.
Thank you plus we tested it out

Great stuff Ra Helios. To all that are talking as if they know what goes down after a J1 or J2 into a followup; I can vouch that in tournament, casuals, online, whatever, after a J1 is blocked catwoman can indeed get a d1 to blow up counterpoking attempts. After a J2 is blocked, the only way for someone to get out of that predicament is to have either a 1 frame parry, an input error on the catwoman's part, or supermans 2 frame super. Outside of that, any J2 followup (except B2 on occassion) is free on block.

champdee

Noob
U are going steal alot when I post Catwoman strategy combo guide. It will be the best guide u will ever see.
Oh I am subscribed... can't wait until it's released.. going to love that.

Also stole/use some stuff starcharger :-p His new tech is quite good, I haven't gotten it down yet but I feel like I'm getting there, almost hopefully :)

Ra Helios

:) oh you know video is awesome. Everything in it is still great and damn well viable. (even with new patch notes, yay 2hit armor mb dash!!)

I'm almost done with my video. It will be amazing. Should I put in the input of the move or leave them out?