What's new

General/Other - TriBorg R.I.P Triborg 2016 -- They Were Never Allowed To Live

shura30

Shura
Hold on, why are you whiff punishing with b3? F1 and f4 are your go to whiff punishers, not b3.
doesn't matter
there's faster low launchers in the game and we already had to deal with a flawed b1

ofc those are going to be the go to attacks (if i stick with him) but having a fast advancing LOW beats everything else
b3 into tele, SB, exSB, and especially d4 was a very strong tool to retaliate in frame wars

I can agree with you the vortex is pretty much the same only with shorter window
but what's affected by this is the whole smoke gameplan

xxFalcon Loverxx

Ignorant slaves, how quickly you forget.
How NRS makes a dlc (Tricks us):
1-
They release the dlc.
2- They make them really good, top 1 and top 5 material.
3- They slap the shit out of them after a month, bully them, rape them, murder them.
4- And then they give the slapped shit out of, bullied, raped and murdered dlc in a patch.
5- Then the communities weeps and cries.
6- The community suggests ACTUAL good fair and balanced suggestions/nerfs and buffs.
7- They nerf the characters even more.
8- The community cries and weeps again.
9- The community suggests ACTUAL good, fair and balanced suggestions/nerfs and buffs.
10- They make new DLC or just make a new game.
Optional: Make new DLC and repeat the process then make a new game.

Red Hood MKX

Mercenary dog
Yes I play smoke.

Vortex is still a major threat. If someone tries to armor out they have a 1 frame window to do it. And that window only works against the overhead, the low is guaranteed. And if they miss the armor window of 1 FRAME they will not be blocking so your overhead is guaranteed to HIT. Smoke never had armor and that was clearly by design. He is essentially the same as he was pre patch. And you complain about damage but you have a SAFE VORTEX. you my friend do not know what you are talking about. Do I wish they made the teleport faster or added armor or fixed some of the mid whiffing issues? Sure. But this character is far from terrible. You are overreacting bigtime

You just dont get the point yeah smoke is still somewhat playable but tell me this why the hell would they nerf a character that was mediocre at best in this game he already had tons of holes in his game b21 wiffing being one example. But if johny cage gets to keep his 40 percent nutpunch restand that guarantees his pressure and mix ups and i have to sit there and guess not being able to do anything he gets to keep his shit but we dont get to keep a 20 percent vortex give me a god dawm break stop downplaying they killed smoke for no go reason

xInfra Deadx

Gimmick stolen by Jordan Peele
You just dont get the point yeah smoke is still somewhat playable but tell me this why the hell would they nerf a character that was mediocre at best in this game he already had tons of holes in his game b21 wiffing being one example. But if johny cage gets to keep his 40 percent nutpunch restand that guarantees his pressure and mix ups and i have to sit there and guess not being able to do anything he gets to keep his shit but we dont get to keep a 20 percent vortex give me a god dawm break stop downplaying they killed smoke for no go reason

Matix218

Get over here!
YOU STILL HAVE THE VORTEX.

they only have a 1 frame window to armor out and it only works against the overhead, and like I said if they miss their 1/60 second window they are guaranteed to be hit by the overhead and launched, or if they go for it and you go low they get launched. YOU DONT GET IT

Red Hood MKX

Mercenary dog
YOU STILL HAVE THE VORTEX.

they only have a 1 frame window to armor out and it only works against the overhead, and like I said if they miss their 1/60 second window they are guaranteed to be hit by the overhead and launched, or if they go for it and you go low they get launched. YOU DONT GET IT
Ok maybe i dont get but you still didn't answer why johny cage gets to keep his insanely plus nutpunch that guarantees him everything and all we got was a hole inside another hole in smokes game you could already jump out of smoke bomb.

But thats fine i play cutthroat kano too hes smoke but with faster safer 50/50s and no gaps better damage mids that dont whiff better pokes and he can even get around zoning better with air ball why would ever play smoke now just to get a 20 percent combo into a vortex that can be blown up once people get used go playing smoke more. The guaranteed vortex was the only reason i was playing smoke and he had decent damage now its goone But maybe im wrong maybe smokes God like now let me know how it goes

Dinosaur

Data Collecting
why didnt they just make cyrax's 3rd bomb act like a second uppercut and just knock the opponent down. Seems like they tried to nerf him from 6 different angles.

Matix218

Get over here!
Ok maybe i dont get but you still didn't answer why johny cage gets to keep his insanely plus nutpunch that guarantees him everything and all we got was a hole inside another hole in smokes game you could already jump out of smoke bomb.

But thats fine i play cutthroat kano too hes smoke but with faster safer 50/50s and no gaps better damage mids that dont whiff better pokes and he can even get around zoning better with air ball why would ever play smoke now just to get a 20 percent combo into a vortex that can be blown up once people get used go playing smoke more. The guaranteed vortex was the only reason i was playing smoke and he had decent damage now its goone But maybe im wrong maybe smokes God like now let me know how it goes
Dude you REALLY need to calm down.

First off, I dont know why Cage gets to keep his dumb stuff, not my call. Email NRS and ask them

Second, I never said Smoke was "godlike" I just said he is essentially the same as he was before except for a few minor changes. He still has the vortex, just less plus going into it. His damage dropped by 2%. Not that big of a deal. Man if you were a cyber sub main you probably would have jumped off of a bridge or something. All in all Smoke got off easy compared to other characters.

shura30

Shura
The guaranteed vortex was the only reason i was playing smoke
and you played him for the wrong reasons

but still there was a number of ways to nerf that part (which was stupid even considering the dirt the rest of the cast has)
they could've at least kept 3 around the same + frames as the current 21 just to help with variety in still a 2-3 frame window

also, the vortex (into full combo ocf) still has the b1 SB issue which was something they should've fixed
judging on what they did on CSZ' they clearly didn't give a single fuck because we're still left with a 95% reliable slower b1xxSB and a completely random b1xxSB
or use meter where others have less startup frames and more damage into better outcomes

btw the patch is out and it's likely to stay, everyone will decide on their own to either keep him or swap..I'll play him more trying a different approach and gameplan..if that'll prove smoke unworthy of my time I'll just change like I've already did with other chars

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
CSZ is still playable and Sektor barely changed. Smoke is borderline, but also still playable and his vortex is still good. Cyrax is completely gone.

KingHippo

Alternative-Fact Checker
What defines a good neutral according to the people here? I see the sentence "this character has a bad/trash/garbage/non-existent neutral" being thrown around so frequently yet no one ever explains it.
Unfortunately, you won't get an answer. "Neutral" has become a catch-all term to explain why a character is bad without ever having to truly address the real issue. Some think that if a character's combo starters are high, they have "bad neutral". If a character may have suspect anti air, that is also "bad neutral". If a launching special is unsafe, that character has "bad neutral".

You'll notice that a lot of these things tend to revolve around strategies/concepts that come naturally with evolution as a player. Sadly, you get a lot of plateauing around here, so naturally most default back to "it's bad". I still remember the days when A-List Johnny had "bad neutral" because f3 was his "only footsie tool". It's pretty bad.

Red Hood MKX

Mercenary dog
Dude you REALLY need to calm down.

First off, I dont know why Cage gets to keep his dumb stuff, not my call. Email NRS and ask them

Second, I never said Smoke was "godlike" I just said he is essentially the same as he was before except for a few minor changes. He still has the vortex, just less plus going into it. His damage dropped by 2%. Not that big of a deal. Man if you were a cyber sub main you probably would have jumped off of a bridge or something. All in all Smoke got off easy compared to other characters.
Dude whatever im over it i already dropped smoke i might play him just to mess around once in a while. but you dint get my point the only readon im pissed is they nerf weak characters with no justification while ridiculously overpowered characters are untouched my brain cannot comprehend that. so good luck playing smoke maybe hes still viable i just cant do it knowing i have way better options with my other mains peace

WATCHD0G

Noob
Ok i just went online again with sektor, honestly not much has changed, my usual gameplan still works i just gotta be bit smarter. i still have a ton of fun with him and i still like how he plays...

i guess what i am saying is i may have overacted initially, time will tell, but for now i'm sticking with ma boy :cool:

BrobaChett

GODSTOMPER
So, can someone explain to me what smokes new vortex is? I've literally tried JI2 smoke forward and lao has blown it up, so has cage. I've tried 2,1 smoke forward and the same thing. What are ya'll doing to make sure it is guaranteed now?

Red Hood MKX

Mercenary dog
So, can someone explain to me what smokes new vortex is? I've literally tried JI2 smoke forward and lao has blown it up, so has cage. I've tried 2,1 smoke forward and the same thing. What are ya'll doing to make sure it is guaranteed now?
The only thing you can do now to guarantee the vortex is f1 after 21 f1ex teleport or f13 for the low seing how the ex teleport isnt that fast doesnt really help much but it catches people of guard sometimes and you get good damage if it does hit but full combo punishable if blocked. You know what try f13 ex teleport poeple dont seem to be able to block that if you through it out once in awhile my new game plan with smoke is doing f13 ex teleport once they start blocking the overhead i can delay the string or stagger it to open them up i dont know looking for anything that helps smoke out i love the character too much

overnightvirus

Who wants a hug?
i think that the borgs did need their respective nerfs, but if NRS is trying to balance the game there is still a lot to do. so all of you celebrating or hating this patch just know that your/their character will probably get affected, whether better or worse. what happened to them was for the best...others will get their time.

migosan

MK Philippines / Injustice Philippines
ha! rip to csz smoke and cyrax, sektor was more like obliterated completely, uprocket nerf, overall normals nerf, and the costly wakeup armor break hidden nerf

Cjrxxx

OH MY DAYS
I feel like I bought a cheeseburger for $25 only to have someone come by and take my patty after one bite, leaving me with a bitter reminder of what could've been. I'm now left with a disappointment sandwich.