What's new

General/Other - TriBorg R.I.P Triborg 2016 -- They Were Never Allowed To Live

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
It is with the saddest of hearts that I relate my sorrow at the death of 4 of our dearest friends:

Died: March 29. 2016 -- They were never allowed to live

Cause of Death: Negative frames and ruined hard-to-blockables

Triborg didn't even place at final round, it's clear he was absolute bottom-tier and borderline unviable, but since people have to complain he now met an end. Net isn't useful any more, freeze bomb is abysmal, I don't even know what Sektor had but it's gone, and Smoke should probably hire himself out for stage shows and parties.

Leave it to Derek, 'Jen' and Tyler Landsdown to kill 4 characters at the same time.. Mass roboticide

TYM I hope you've learned your lesson, it's Kano 3.0,4.0,5.0 and 6.0... MK9 all over again, and this is why we can't have nice things. Denzell Terry I hope you are reading this and sincerely feel the sorrow you've caused children all over america for the injustice you did to some of Mortal Kombat's most lovable figures. REO after playing Kabal for 3 years I thought you'd have more sensitivity towards exciting and innovative tournmament characters. Pig of the Hut.. You know what you did.

P.S. In all seriousness, hopefully people will take this patch with a grain of salt and just play it out before jumping to conclusions.

P.S. 2: Cyber Sub I tried to find a picture with you and couldn't, I'm so sorry

P.S. 3: I heard Floe's going to quit playing MKX in tournament because of this, and I'm not surprised

P.S. 4: I love you TYM -- all of you. Never change.

Last edited:

DDutchguy

Stand 4'ing airplanes out of the sky
Cyrax combos and hard-to-blockables? Yeah breh.

For real though, Cyrax got hit hard unless EX-teleport turns out to be really valuable now. Smoke got his shit damage nerfed, wat. Cyber Shb got his low damage nerfed and F13 no longer links to iceball, wat.

Sektor community be like 'dudes holy crap I can't believe we made it out without losing at least a couple frames'.

bdizzle2700

gotta stay sharp!
Cyrax combos and hard-to-blockables? Yeah breh.

For real though, Cyrax got hit hard unless EX-teleport turns out to be really valuable now. Smoke got his shit damage nerfed, wat. Cyber Shb got his low damage nerfed and F13 no longer links to iceball, wat.

Sektor community be like 'dudes holy crap I can't believe we made it out without losing at least a couple frames'.
He died in the cross fire.

Okay, so before anyone says, YES this is a complaining thread and if you don't like it then get off TYM cause you clearly don't belong here.

So, can someone please explain why, above all, Smoke and Cyber sub-zero needed to get nerfed. Who asked for this? I say this as a guy who isn't maining them and after having watched what happened to Madzin (a phenomenal player) recently (using cyber sub) against Foxy and how cyber sub got (no offence) bodied I honestly can't see it. Who asked for any triborg variation to get nerfed?

With Cyrax, I can sort of understand with certain unlockable setups and how perhaps he should have got more scaling etc but honestly the truth is, NRS really got Triborg right. They made them all powerful in a variety of different ways without them being OP as they all have clear weaknesses, notably their neutral game.

I completely agree with Alien nerfs, Bcho I'm unfamiliar with so can't say.

NRS, you're a fantastic company: you've fixed your net code, you've given us great DLC and overall you've made another incredible game. Just give me my robots back.

Thanks, what do you think? Was it unnecessary or am I wrong?