What's new

Tech Quickstand Setups

Ecodus

I ain't got time to bleed.
Man I love me some CW tech!

I'm not sure about the second two combos. It looks like it might leave the character too far away to have much advantage for any kind of follow up pressure. The first one is interesting though. Straight whip does some weird KD stuff and I think I remember Starcharger doing something like this in the corner.

I have a couple questions (about the first combo only):

- does this work all the time, or is it timing dependant
- have you tested on the whole cast? Does it have the same effect on large and small hitbox characters
- immediately after the quickstand, are we in range for a B1
- does the quickstand happen always after 3, 3 ~ straight whip.

Thanks for posting, and thanks for the tag.

Under_The_Mayo

Master of Quanculations
The first one is interesting. Test how quickly you can begin an attack and if you can beat them mashing a down1

Last edited:

coolwhip

Noob
I'm no Catwoman player but I would assume the most important thing would be range. In other words, the distance between Catwoman and her opponent after the quickstand. In many of these combos, they are out of range of most of her attacks (though she could be close enough for a b3 or a low whip), so I'm assuming it would be far more fruitful to just go for a hard knockdown.

The first one is interesting though because it leaves the opponent closer which could leave them prone to a F1 or B1. If you can attack immediately afterwards, it could really catch them off guard and give you a quasi 50/50. Worth testing it further.

RM NoBrows

Supah hawt fiyah
That first one is nice. It seems like one of those things like if you f3 and delay the second f3 and this happens with certain characters. You'd have to do the Conbo the same exact way you did it there with the exact same timing or it won't work every time. But if you can do that consistently than it would be good to use

Last edited:

dark55

Noob
Man I love me some CW tech!

I'm not sure about the second two combos. It looks like it might leave the character too far away to have much advantage for any kind of follow up pressure. The first one is interesting though. Straight whip does some weird KD stuff and I think I remember Starcharger doing something like this in the corner.

I have a couple questions (about the first combo only):

- does this work all the time, or is it timing dependant
- have you tested on the whole cast? Does it have the same effect on large and small hitbox characters
- immediately after the quickstand, are we in range for a B1
- does the quickstand happen always after 3, 3 ~ straight whip.

Thanks for posting, and thanks for the tag.
This works all the time on every character but it is timing dependent. After the quickstand you are in range of a F1, B3, and low whip. So there is still kind of a 50/50 there with low whip and F1.

first one looks interesting, im worried the recovery on strait whip is too long though, and be subject to a counter-attack like GL b1.