What's new

Video/Tutorial - Aftershock Quick Tips: Safe Air Quake Counter Pokes

Known in the Tremor community, but maybe not so much outside it. The younger/lesser experienced Tremor players I see often voice the same concern with beginning their pressure using a character with mostly high starting offense. What ends up happening, usually is that they lose their advantage in the poke war, particularly at longer ranges.

This is but 1 solution of a few you have. While it may be a bit more difficult than just learning to react to a poke on hit and confirm. It can prove to be a valuable tool in your skill set at the beginner, intermediate and even advanced levels of play., It does take some work with execution, however anyone is capable of pulling it off.

In any case, I hope this helps.

M.D.

Spammer. Crouch walk hater.
Hmm...wait wasn't f1 now being 6 frames pretty much guaranteed after a d1 hit?

I remember trying it and the f1 after d1 on hit is guaranteed.

Or maybe I'm just bad.

CrazyFingers

The Power of Lame Compels You
Hmm...wait wasn't f1 now being 6 frames pretty much guaranteed after a d1 hit?

I remember trying it and the f1 after d1 on hit is guaranteed.

Or maybe I'm just bad.
D1 is +15 so yea it should jail but Instant Air Quake is still a good mind game afterwards since it's an unreactable low that can launch if need be.

It is guaranteed, as is stand 2 if you move quick enough. Some players I've seen don't and often miss their window and get poked, especially at further ranges. So this just gives them an alternate strategy to enforce their will safely.