What's new

Tech - Spec Ops Quick Stand B212D1+2xxRocket Shenanigans

Compbros

Man of Tomorrow
Seems this isn't as well known as I thought but Cassie's B212D1+2 string forces a quick stand when the first hit of D1+2 is cancelled. This means even an opponent trying to delay wake up will be hit by rocket whereas before they could get around the rocket mixups by just lying on the ground.

Here's a video of it in action.

Edit: There's no one to tag since I'm the lone Spec Ops main *cries*

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
I've noticed that there are quite a few attacks throughout the game that force different wake up timings. IMO very annoying.

Either way thanks for the post. Something to keep in mind when I bring out spec ops for shit Brawler doesn't handle.

Jer

I'm a literal Sloth
Yeah this is a known thing :3

I main Hollywood but I still mess with Spec Ops now and then

Etoroguy

Why isn't Jax's Farm a playable stage?
I've noticed that there are quite a few attacks throughout the game that force different wake up timings. IMO very annoying.

Either way thanks for the post. Something to keep in mind when I bring out spec ops for shit Brawler doesn't handle.
What other moves eliminate the ability to delay wake up and is this the optimal damage for this quick stand.

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
What other moves eliminate the ability to delay wake up and is this the optimal damage for this quick stand.
I made a thread hoping to get some answers. HAven't got much but Mileena's u3 and Sub's 114 do it.

As for optimal damage, the video definitely isn't it in the corner. Maybe midscreen. I don't play Spec Ops much so I'm not sure. I figure you could get two flip kicks then go for it.

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
Seems this isn't as well known as I thought but Cassie's B212D1+2 string forces a quick stand when the first hit of D1+2 is cancelled. This means even an opponent trying to delay wake up will be hit by rocket whereas before they could get around the rocket mixups by just lying on the ground.

Here's a video of it in action.

Edit: There's no one to tag since I'm the lone Spec Ops main *cries*
If you set it to normal wake up the computer gets up before cassie can do anything. I tested using Cassie v Cassie and the jump method. Definitely negative if that happens. I guess then you could use bar but why not just go for the full damage if you were going to spend a bar anyway right?

Compbros

Man of Tomorrow
If you set it to normal wake up the computer gets up before cassie can do anything. I tested using Cassie v Cassie and the jump method. Definitely negative if that happens. I guess then you could use bar but why not just go for the full damage if you were going to spend a bar anyway right?

It's definitely not something to abuse, it's something to scare people from delaying wake. Regardless, if you do the setup and then block then rocket blows a lot of wakeups up as it hits after armor. It's just another tool to use for Cassie and mindgames.

Compbros

Man of Tomorrow

Optimal in the corner is about 43 percent meterless, midscreen is about 36 percent meterless.

Edit: You mean what's the most you can do after this setup or leading into this setup? If it's the former then refer to the above, if it's the latter it's about 38/27.

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
It's definitely not something to abuse, it's something to scare people from delaying wake. Regardless, if you do the setup and then block then rocket blows a lot of wakeups up as it hits after armor. It's just another tool to use for Cassie and mindgames.
Yeah it's still usable just thought this was something that was foolproof but if you do this setup would you recommend burning bar most of the time?

Compbros

Man of Tomorrow
Yeah it's still usable just thought this was something that was foolproof but if you do this setup would you recommend burning bar most of the time?

Nah, but it works extremely well. I play weekly tournaments with F3 alucarD, CORN Footwurk, Vman and more and people get hit by the setup ALL the time in both the corner and midscreen. You just gotta put some fear into them and this helps.

No, it works with and without bar. Without bar you may get uppercutted, thrown, or poked but the rocket still comes so their options are limited going from there. Most of the time I go barless, especially in the corner.

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
Nah, but it works extremely well. I play weekly tournaments with F3 alucarD, CORN Footwurk, Vman and more and people get hit by the setup ALL the time in both the corner and midscreen. You just gotta put some fear into them and this helps.

No, it works with and without bar. Without bar you may get uppercutted, thrown, or poked but the rocket still comes so their options are limited going from there. Most of the time I go barless, especially in the corner.
Good to know! I need to really get into Spec Ops to cover my Brawler when I don't feel like not playing Cassie. All I really know is to end stuff in b12xxMissle

Compbros

Man of Tomorrow
Good to know! I need to really get into Spec Ops to cover my Brawler when I don't feel like not playing Cassie. All I really know is to end stuff in b12xxMissle

Also practice stand 1 as an anti-air when using any setup in the corner. It'll blow up people trying to jump out if you're quick with it.

(7 minutes in)

Last edited:

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
Also practice stand 1 as an anti-air when using any setup in the corner. It'll blow up people trying to jump out if you're quick with it.

(7 minutes in)
On phone so "plugin not supported". Do you mean s1 as they leave the ground or s1 when they're coming back down?
Would that catch njp, njk, and both punch and kick crossovers?

Scott The Scot

Where there is smoke, there is cancer.
On phone so "plugin not supported". Do you mean s1 as they leave the ground or s1 when they're coming back down?
Would that catch njp, njk, and both punch and kick crossovers?
Standing 1 as an anti-crossover, flip if they're jumping at you. That's my rule of thumb.