What's new

Question quick question on 214 into juggle.

cabibi

Noob
I just want to be sure this isn't practice mode messing with me again.

after a 214 string, I can't link a normal smoke bomb; however, I am able to link an EX smoke bomb. However; it resets, so I'm just wondering if an opponent can block it.

I'm thinking they can, given the situation with the reset landed off of other strings, but I don't have a 2nd person to test with, so if someone can cofirm it'd rock :)

hardwire

Noob
never mind just understood what you were saying

if you use the 214 at the end and ex the smoke bomb yes they can block

if you use it to open the smoke will be unblockable

Am getting the same thing... after a 214 ... doing an EX bomb resets the combo... doing it too early makes it a part of the combo... and doing it a little later it hits them otg...

G4S KT

Gaming4Satan Founder
I think a good rule of thumb as to whether something is unblockable or not (since the training dummy is unreliable) is that if the move isn't counted into the actual hits of the combo then it is blockable.

There are many moves with many characters that happen so fast as to appear they combo, but the counter rests which means that on the move where the first counter ends and the second begins there is an opportunity to block.

cabibi

Noob
what confuses me is this though...

do it early... part of the combo.. unblockable.
do it on time.... reset... blockable
do it late.... OTG... unblockable.

doesn't make sense to me lol

G4S KT

Gaming4Satan Founder
I'm pretty sure that the OTG EX (10% unscaled damage) is blockable, if that's what you were talking about.