What's new

Questions regarding MKX DLC in banned countries

For a little background, I am living in South Korea where officially Mortal Kombat is banned for it's violent content (>.<)

I have played on Steam since release but have been looking into buying a PS4. Now on steam, I can simply use my American account (born and raised) and buy MKX and all DLCs but I heard that the playstation store is locked into regions?

Now my question is in a country where MKX is banned, does that mean that I cannot obtain DLCs from the store? What if I had a hard copy of the game?

Or maybe I heard wrong and it does not matter at all?

I know that the game can be played because there is a fan forum amongst Korean fans of MKX (I didn't ask there, because my Korean is a little lacking TT.TT)

p.s I wasn't sure where to ask this question.. just that this might be the most relevant section ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

As far as I can tell, as long as the game and the dlc are bought from the same account you shouldn't have a problem. The playstation store only region locks DLC, not the console. So if both the game and dlc are bought from your American account it should be playable on any PS4 in any country.

As far as I can tell, as long as the game and the dlc are bought from the same account you shouldn't have a problem. The playstation store only region locks DLC, not the console. So if both the game and dlc are bought from your American account it should be playable on any PS4 in any country.

Thanks for the info. If the account is Korean then.. i guess I'm shit outta luck?

I GOT HANDS

Official Infrared Scorp wid gapless Wi-Fi pressure
I thought Steam locks you out of your games when you move country as well, may wanna double check that.

RyuKazuya

Jesus is my Lord and Savior!
you might have to create another account. Better a random eu or us account and obtain everything from there. It also depends where your mkx is from. Before it was legalised in germany i had an italian secondary account where i could download the dlc from.

Thanks for all the replies, one last question for this topic... @RyuKazuya would the requirements to making another account be... for example a US based credit card for a US account? or can you simply choose what country your account will be tied to?

Either way I guess I will try on PC with the PSN website. Once again thanks very much for your replies @RyuKazuya @FireBreather I don't know how to tag someones name with spaces.. but @I GOT HANDS

nvm.. the tag worked... ^_^

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
For a little background, I am living in South Korea where officially Mortal Kombat is banned for it's violent content (>.<)

I have played on Steam since release but have been looking into buying a PS4. Now on steam, I can simply use my American account (born and raised) and buy MKX and all DLCs but I heard that the playstation store is locked into regions?

Now my question is in a country where MKX is banned, does that mean that I cannot obtain DLCs from the store? What if I had a hard copy of the game?

Or maybe I heard wrong and it does not matter at all?

I know that the game can be played because there is a fan forum amongst Korean fans of MKX (I didn't ask there, because my Korean is a little lacking TT.TT)

p.s I wasn't sure where to ask this question.. just that this might be the most relevant section ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Look on the bright side, you could be living in North Korea.

RyuKazuya

Jesus is my Lord and Savior!
Thanks for all the replies, one last question for this topic... @RyuKazuya would the requirements to making another account be... for example a US based credit card for a US account? or can you simply choose what country your account will be tied to?

Either way I guess I will try on PC with the PSN website. Once again thanks very much for your replies @RyuKazuya @FireBreather I don't know how to tag someones name with spaces.. but @I GOT HANDS

nvm.. the tag worked... ^_^
Well there are a few tutorials on how to create an american account. As far as i know it is necessary to name an american address. But it will be working ^^. Unfortuanately i dont know about the credit cards since i ve never used them. Nevertheless you can get american psn codes from ebay so you can still buy from there :D
hope this helps bro