What's new

Questions about the Supergirl MU

So, just got bodied but some supergirl who proceeded to insult my parents after beating me (not relevant but whatever). Just some questions about supergirl.

1) Teleport is fast as hell. Any tips to react to that?

2) Down 1/3 breath is stupid as hell. I know breath is unsafe. But the problem is she can extend breath and plus she can meterburn it. Most often when i try for the punish, I get caught lol.

3) MB teleport is stupid LOL. Not only is it fast but is an overhead as well. so if i try to interrupt her wakeup and i get caught im dead LOL.

4) What are the MU numbers between Atrocitus and Supegirl? Any tips for Atrocitus in this MU?

5) What the hell her mobility is good, has good mixups, good dmg from teleport, what the hell can I do to counter her. Does she have any weaknesses?

With that being said Im just tryna get good instead of blaming the character's overpowerdness ( I dont swing my dick around when i beat some guy with supergirl like my opponent did). Any help will be appreciated. Thanks.

ZonalsEnd

"Let's turn up the heat!"
I generally block low exclusively until you see her front kick that leads to the overhead. Stand when you block the front kick, the overhead is punishable on block.

Blocking low ensures you won't get hit with her d1 breath and the b1 string. Her overhead options are easily reacted to.

The teleport you just have to get used to hearing the "whoosh" sound and stand block the opposite direction in case of the meter burn overhead. If I'm far away from her I shimmy back and forth to react to either lasers from afar or a quick block of teleport. I feel like the shimmy helps me react faster back or forward but that's just me.

You'll get used to the match up. She was one of my worst matchups until I started blocking low and reacting to her overhead options, of which she doesn't have many at all.

Last edited:

x TeeJay o

Canary Cry Gapless Pressure
Few things.

Teleport is not fast. At all. It's over 30f

Teleport gives off a sound cue so i would recommend playing with sound on it makes it even easier to react to

D1 breath is pretty dumb ,but if you be patient she will have to use a bar of meter to keep it safe. Let her waste that bar and just be patient and wait until she meter burns it and ends her turn. You should be able to get a d1 check afterwards and if not you can mb b3 any of her normals she throws after or block and wait until she ends her turn after b123.

I don't think d3 can be cancelled into breath so you're good.

I personally think her and Atrocitus is even,but some say she wins. He builds meter so much more than her and isn't meter dependent/starved like she is. So pushblocking atro for her is to be done in a smart manner. This means he gets to keep the kitty out more often than not against her and he has great buttons and puddle in neutral is a decent trade against her lasers.

No she has no weaknesses besides meter being a very light issue but it's not some huge thing you can exploit a ton of the time since her damage and other tools offset that.

Honestly the key to beating her Is being patient. Be methodical and don't panic against lasers and her and dash. The lasers aren't unlimited so if a SG is constantly just shooting them, there's your chance to go in on her. She can be D2'd out of her air dash by a lot of ppl so i would practice doing that to contest.

Side tip: Almost every single supergirl(including myself) will do her jump in 1 into 112 on block. If you see that, poke her out of that shit. It's not a jailing blockstring. She has options to combat that but none lead into plus frames like 112 does so yeah.

Hope it helps

Last edited:

Gooberking

FGC Cannon Fodder
Well, I lost to a bunch of SG's today, so you have company.

I hardly know WTF I'm doing with Atrocitus, but I picked him once just to see how if felt. Felt better than being stuck max distance with WoWo. I generally feel like I'm praying they are just going to Yolo teleport over and over. He at least can tempt her to engage at full screen.

Teleport gets to not be as big a deal once you can get used to it. Plus, it's the people that don't use it that you have to be afraid of. If they won't stop, you just let it hang them. Wait it/Bait it and d1 into bloodnato or whatever it is that works for him there.

This is a great line.
If feel like this means you are going to start doing it.

9_Lives

Noob
If you play on shite connection like me sometimes it's better to just walk forward if you can't react to tele. Options are to take a laser or a combo I know which one I would pi

Well, I lost to a bunch of SG's today, so you have company.

I hardly know WTF I'm doing with Atrocitus, but I picked him once just to see how if felt. Felt better than being stuck max distance with WoWo. I generally feel like I'm praying they are just going to Yolo teleport over and over. He at least can tempt her to engage at full screen.

Teleport gets to not be as big a deal once you can get used to it. Plus, it's the people that don't use it that you have to be afraid of. If they won't stop, you just let it hang them. Wait it/Bait it and d1 into bloodnato or whatever it is that works for him there.

If feel like this means you are going to start doing it.
The problem comes in when they start mixing lasers with tele. That shit is impossible to react to.

Parasurama

Dragon
So, just got bodied but some supergirl who proceeded to insult my parents after beating me (not relevant but whatever). Just some questions about supergirl.

2) Down 1/3 breath is stupid as hell. I know breath is unsafe. But the problem is she can extend breath and plus she can meterburn it. Most often when i try for the punish, I get caught lol.

3) MB teleport is stupid LOL. Not only is it fast but is an overhead as well. so if i try to interrupt her wakeup and i get caught im dead LOL.

4) What are the MU numbers between Atrocitus and Supegirl? Any tips for Atrocitus in this MU?

5) What the hell her mobility is good, has good mixups, good dmg from teleport, what the hell can I do to counter her. Does she have any weaknesses?

With that being said Im just tryna get good instead of blaming the character's overpowerdness ( I dont swing my dick around when i beat some guy with supergirl like my opponent did). Any help will be appreciated. Thanks.
Hey man... I have been playing with Supergirl lately and loving it. So, sorry about that idiot who insulted you.

The teleport seems quick but it can be blocked on reaction and full combo punished.

D1 into breath can be interrupted but needs the timing.

If you meaty attack on knock down then She cant teleport out but can rising punch as a wake up.

I think Atro's far reaching mids can give a supergirl issues jumping around and showing disrespect but if you do not space him properly she will teleport to the other side for a combo.

Hey man... I have been playing with Supergirl lately and loving it. So, sorry about that idiot who insulted you.

The teleport seems quick but it can be blocked on reaction and full combo punished.

D1 into breath can be interrupted but needs the timing.

If you meaty attack on knock down then She cant teleport out but can rising punch as a wake up.

I think Atro's far reaching mids can give a supergirl issues jumping around and showing disrespect but if you do not space him properly she will teleport to the other side for a combo.
Thanks for the help bruh.

Few things.

Teleport is not fast. At all. It's over 30f

Teleport gives off a sound cue so i would recommend playing with sound on it makes it even easier to react to

D1 breath is pretty dumb ,but if you be patient she will have to use a bar of meter to keep it safe. Let her waste that bar and just be patient and wait until she meter burns it and ends her turn. You should be able to get a d1 check afterwards and if not you can mb b3 any of her normals she throws after or block and wait until she ends her turn after b123.

I don't think d3 can be cancelled into breath so you're good.

I personally think her and Atrocitus is even,but some say she wins. He builds meter so much more than her and isn't meter dependent/starved like she is. So pushblocking atro for her is to be done in a smart manner. This means he gets to keep the kitty out more often than not against her and he has great buttons and puddle in neutral is a decent trade against her lasers.

No she has no weaknesses besides meter being a very light issue but it's not some huge thing you can exploit a ton of the time since her damage and other tools offset that.

Honestly the key to being her I being patient. Be methodically and don't panic against lasers and her and dash. The lasers aren't unlimited so if a SG is constantly just shooting them, there's your chance to go in on her. She can be D2'd out of her air dash by a lot of ppl so i would practice doing that to contest.

Side tip: Almost every single supergirl(including myself) will do her jump in 1 into 112 on block. If you see that, poke her out of that shit. It's not a jailing blockstring. She has options to combat that but none lead into plus frames like 112 does so yeah.

Hope it helps
Notifications didnt work but thanks.

I generally block low exclusively until you see her front kick that leads to the overhead. Stand when you block the front kick, the overhead is punishable on block.

Blocking low ensures you won't get hit with her d1 breath and the b1 string. Her overhead options are easily reacted to.

The teleport you just have to get used to hearing the "whoosh" sound and stand block the opposite direction in case of the meter burn overhead. If I'm far away from her I shimmy back and forth to react to either lasers from afar or a quick block of teleport. I feel like the shimmy helps me react faster back or forward but that's just me.

You'll get used to the match up. She was one of my worst matchups until I started blocking low and reacting to her overhead options, of which she doesn't have many at all.
Thanks for the tips also.

IrishMantis

Most humble shit talker ever!!!

Fuck it I'll try

1) Teleport should never really be an issue, if you're having trouble visually reacting listen out for it

But her Tele is s big key to the MU being a struggle with full combo punishes anywhere in the screen for Puddle or Trait call

2)even though it's possible my advice is do not bother trying to interupt the pay off is way in her favour

Also stand block her breath it pushes you back less and keeps her - after she MBs it and mash 111 during breath that should OS if she tries to stagger it, but be careful as there is ranges you can't OS because the MB part will hit

3)Time your meatys better or just wait and react if she tries any wake up

4) 6-4 to SG be careful on where you take your trait out, is the best to get her to the corner first then activate as mid screen she can avoid the trait pretty easy.
Don't challenge SG after you're - her buttons are too good

5)......No, but as said block low most of the time and try to react to the OH, at least if you get hit by the IH it does a lot less Dmg

Fuck it I'll try

1) Teleport should never really be an issue, if you're having trouble visually reacting listen out for it

But her Tele is s big key to the MU being a struggle with full combo punishes anywhere in the screen for Puddle or Trait call

2)even though it's possible my advice is do not bother trying to interupt the pay off is way in her favour

Also stand block her breath it pushes you back less and keeps her - after she MBs it and mash 111 during breath that should OS if she tries to stagger it, but be careful as there is ranges you can't OS because the MB part will hit

3)Time your meatys better or just wait and react if she tries any wake up

4) 6-4 to SG be careful on where you take your trait out, is the best to get her to the corner first then activate as mid screen she can avoid the trait pretty easy.
Don't challenge SG after you're - her buttons are too good

5)......No, but as said block low most of the time and try to react to the OH, at least if you get hit by the IH it does a lot less Dmg
Thanks mantis