What's new

Questions about DC from a Marvel Fanboy

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
Superman is far from perfect and Is IMO one of the most relateable characters in comics. He's a farm boy from Kansas who goes to the big city trying to make a name for crying out loud.
/agree.

Superman, despite his crazy powers is one of the most relatable superheros as in all the ways that count he is a normal guy. Superman is pure wish fulfilment. He is you, the reader.. but with powers. Most comic character are not like this at all. Spiderman is like this as well by the way.

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
Try "Invincible" as well.. it is a IMAGE comic, but extremely good and starts from the very beginning as well.

Some great comics that I have been loving this year that are all running now (as in not complete and still coming out weekly / monthly). Add any of these to you pull list and you will not be sorry... well I'm not at least!

Young Animal (This is a DC Imprint like Vertigo, but part of the official DCU)
• Doom Patrol
• Shade the Changing Girl

Dark Horse
• Black hammer

• I Hate Fairyland
• Bitch Planet
• Descenter
• Saga
• East of West
• Faster than Light

IDW
• Tales From the Darkside

Marvel
• Gewnpool

DC
• Action Comic
• Superman
• Detective Comics
• Batman
• Aquaman
• Green Arrow
• Hellblazer
• Red Hood and the Outlaws
• Trinity
• Wonder Woman
• Frostbite

Basically DC have been killing it with Rebirth. It is so good. There is a reason DC have been taking all top spots in the top ten sales every month again and again and again. Some months even taking all ten spots.

If you are looking for "non-superhero" stuff then Image is your best place... in fact most of the best comics around are image at the moment.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
/agree.

Superman, despite his crazy powers is one of the most relatable superheros as in all the ways that count he is a normal guy. Superman is pure wish fulfilment. He is you, the reader.. but with powers. Most comic character are not like this at all. Spiderman is like this as well by the way.
Definitely agree with this. Sure maybe Superman is u relatable, but Clark Kent is definitely relatable. People like Batman because they find it easier to relate to a human but to me a guy like Clark from small begininnings in Kansas who wants to do the right thing is more relatable than a super dark and depressed billionaire whose parents were murdered. Batman's my favorite comic book character but I find Superman way more relatable.