What's new

Question for Xbox players.

Do any of you other Xbox players have trouble with controller inputs? I’ve tried adjusting the setting, etc. I grew up playing fighting games on fightsticks and I had zero problem with inputs using my MK9 Arcade fight stick.

Do any of you other Xbox players have trouble with controller inputs? I’ve tried adjusting the setting, etc. I grew up playing fighting games on fightsticks and I had zero problem with inputs using my MK9 Arcade fight stick.
Are you using a standard Xbox Wireless Controller? If so, then yes, I find the D-Pad does not always register inputs properly. It's not constant, but drops will absolutely happen.

On my PC and Xbox One X, I use the Hori Fighting Commander for Xbox One instead; excellent D-Pad.

Are you using a standard Xbox Wireless Controller? If so, then yes, I find the D-Pad does not always register inputs properly. It's not constant, but drops will absolutely happen.

On my PC and Xbox One X, I use the Hori Fighting Commander for Xbox One instead; excellent D-Pad.
Thanks for the info. I’m using an Xbox Elite controller. a lot of special cancel inputs do not work.

Ah, I've never used an Xbox Elite Controller, though I've heard it's D-Pad is supposed to be good and responsive.
It is a fantastic controller...for other gaming genres. Fighting games, not so much. I’ve got really big hands, thumbs, and fingers. Seven out of ten times when inputing commands that end in back, I end up jumping backwards. That’s why I miss using the Arcade Fightstick.

The XONE dpad is very good, and very responsive. But it wears down fast and has sensitivity issues- I generally get a year of 100% reliable use and then start having missed inputs.

I play almost exclusively fighting games so that shortens the lifespan quite a bit

mastermalone

Use only logic, please
Nope. This is because I have and always will use arcade sticks for all fighting games.

I'm currently using this one with a magicboots dongle for both Xbox and PS4

It's basically a Mad Catz TE2 but a universal stick that works for everything. Don't let the review fool you into thinking that you must have a controller plugged into it. The magicboots dongle acts as the plugged in controller. It's just a tiny USB drive.

The XONE dpad is very good, and very responsive. But it wears down fast and has sensitivity issues- I generally get a year of 100% reliable use and then start having missed inputs.

I play almost exclusively fighting games so that shortens the lifespan quite a bit
Always interested to see the different experiences and response people have with the same hardware. I know many of the Killer Instinct pro gamers use the Xbox Wireless Controller as well, and do great.

On the official forums for the game, however, most of the people there find the pad not that great for fighting games (my own personal experience).

Syzoth

The last Saurian from Zaterra - Syzoth - Reptile
I'm on my 4th Xbox one controller and I don't throw/drop mine at all. Eventually the dpad gets a little temperamental.

As far as special cancel inputs specifically? No. But sometimes a lagg spike can also ruin your special cancel.