What's new

Question before i buy MK11

Okay so i was wondering how good the MK11 connection is on ps4, I recently quit smash due to lag 70% of matches so i was looking to switch to another fighting game and mk11 looks amazing but before i buy it i need to know if there's a lot of lag like in smash. Are there settings were you can set a minimum connection speed like street fighter? i dont mind a bit of lag every now and then but it has to be playable and yes i have good internet. Thanks for the help.

The game is perfectly smooth more often than not. But of course there is occasionally some lag of you come across someone with a shitty connection. No filter options, but you have the option to decline if a connection is beyond a certain ping threshold.
Sounds good, Thanks for the response.

It is not perfect, but using cable and selecting who are you going to play minimizes a lot the risk of bothering lag. It is fine.

But, I have to say: If your aim is to play casually and have fun sometimes, the game is good. It looks gorgeous, brutals and fatals are awesome. But if you aim is to play competitively and beat the other guy....run as much as you can of this game. It is THE shit in this aspect.

It is not perfect, but using cable and selecting who are you going to play minimizes a lot the risk of bothering lag. It is fine.

But, I have to say: If your aim is to play casually and have fun sometimes, the game is good. It looks gorgeous, brutals and fatals are awesome. But if you aim is to play competitively and beat the other guy....run as much as you can of this game. It is THE shit in this aspect.
Definitely going full try hard. I wanted to do that with smash but was unable to practice due to that lag. Thats why i'm looking for a new fighting game. I'm pretty sure now MK11 will be my pick.

Zviko

Noob
I loled when you mentioned street fighter. It's night and day compared to street fighter. If you have wired connection, you will have no problems at all except against wifi players. No filters for those yet but hopefully soon.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
It’s the best fighting game netcode I’ve ever experienced. That doesn’t mean that you won’t encounter issues, but most of the time it’s exactly what you need to just be able to focus on the gameplay itself.

xKMMx

Banned

Don't listen to this guy. He bitches about competitive constantly. Competitive matches are no more laggy than casuals and if you have half a brain and decent understanding of your character and get used to match ups you will have a lot of fun in competitive. There are some serious cons to this game but competitive mode is decent just not perfect.

xKMMx

Banned
Definitely going full try hard. I wanted to do that with smash but was unable to practice due to that lag. Thats why i'm looking for a new fighting game. I'm pretty sure now MK11 will be my pick.
THis game is pretty easy to pick up. What can be very frustrating is there are a lot of no skill needed mechanics that are overly effective. So you will find a lot of players that tend to lean heavily on grabs jump in kicks, d2's and the Fatal Blow mechanic so it will be a tad frustrating at first to catch losses to such scrubby tactics if your going to be trying to play at a righteous level and with skill and using your brain. But for all of its down falls with regard to brain dead tactics being effective there are ways around all of it. The only thing I will say negatively is that if your one for creativity and coming up with multiple combos for your character you will find really quickly that characters are EXTREMELY limited with their combo potential.

Okay so i was wondering how good the MK11 connection is on ps4, I recently quit smash due to lag 70% of matches so i was looking to switch to another fighting game and mk11 looks amazing but before i buy it i need to know if there's a lot of lag like in smash. Are there settings were you can set a minimum connection speed like street fighter? i dont mind a bit of lag every now and then but it has to be playable and yes i have good internet. Thanks for the help.
Maybe it is just me, but i feel there is more a delay in this game than compared to mkx. I think it plays great offline, but online its like there is a huge noticable input delay that was not in mkx. Buttons dont register sometimes due to random lag spikes or delay in general. Wake up options will refuse to come out with full meter. The netcode is praised by everyone and maybe im not not use to other games online but the general experience is pretty bad. The ping is deceptive in advertisement. Youll see someone register 100 ms, in game its always 50ms or more than what is advertised leading to some really unplayable games.not only do you get delay, you get horrible lag spikes all the time. Even minor ones can cause inputs to just be ignored. Thats a problem cause this game is built with good characters having crazy staggers. Online you just cant react fast enough an punish due to subpar connection. This has been my experience.

xKMMx

Banned
Maybe it is just me, but i feel there is more a delay in this game than compared to mkx. I think it plays great offline, but online its like there is a huge noticable input delay that was not in mkx. Buttons dont register sometimes due to random lag spikes or delay in general. Wake up options will refuse to come out with full meter.
Absolutely I feel like i'm playing underwater sometimes. I play as Jacqui and my standard punish string is off my 8 frame S1 and in situations that I have more than enough frame advantage I'll not get my punish because I press the button and it doesn't come out on time. It is pretty inconsistent and random which is very frustrating but I don't know if that is due to packet loss from netcode or just the wonky variable hit stun bullshit.

Don't listen to this guy. He bitches about competitive constantly. Competitive matches are no more laggy than casuals and if you have half a brain and decent understanding of your character and get used to match ups you will have a lot of fun in competitive. There are some serious cons to this game but competitive mode is decent just not perfect.
I listed what I find really good in the game, and what I despise. If you don't have the same mindset, or even the profile to have critical sense and recognize the ups and downs of something you like, you are just a fan boy.

Competitively, yes, it is the shit.

Dude if you dont agree that is fine. But dont say that sonic fox, reo, brady, paulb, slips and ao ao so on....that these guys dont know what they are saying.

By the way, SF did nit say that the game is trash, but look at his tier list and his vocabulary. He has what....8...10 chars in S rank? I mean.....blindfold yourself if you want. It is your opinion.

Some people are so brainwashed towards competitiveness caused by cultural reasons, education, propaganda....that any argument questioning any competitive environment in their heads is a sign of fragility.

Taking a game too seriously without receiving any money for it is....in fact, something veeeery intriguing.

People forgot what a game was supposed to be hahahah. I miss the 90s.

Some people are so brainwashed towards competitiveness caused by cultural reasons, education, propaganda....that any argument questioning any competitive environment in their heads is a sign of fragility.

Taking a game too seriously without receiving any money for it is....in fact, something veeeery intriguing.

People in the 90s hated losing too.

Baconlord

Proud follower of the church of Cetrion

dude, the man came in asking if the game had good netcode, that's it. you don't need to complain about the game in every fucking thread

Zviko

Noob

It's actually you who is taking it too seriously. We've seen your rage thread couple of days ago. Your opinion about competitive mode is what it is for completely different reasons, unknown to us all and those same reasons are the cause for that rage of yours. And now you want to share your "opinion" with someone who's actually interested in the game.

And then people wonder why FG community doesn't grow...

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
By the way, SF did nit say that the game is trash, but look at his tier list and his vocabulary. He has what....8...10 chars in S rank? I mean.....blindfold yourself if you want. It is your opinion.
Wtf is that supposed to mean

"He doesn't say the game is bad, but because his tier list has the entire cast within 3 ranks, and barely anybody is low tier, it means he hates the game and it sucks".

That logic is so bad it's painful.

Last edited:

xKMMx

Banned

Dude you're so ridiculous.

1st: You're not half the psychologist you think you are.

2nd: You can barely put together a sentence in 99 percent of your posts without massive grammatical errors or multiple typos so just stop trying to sound like your intelligence surpasses anyone on this site that doesn't agree with you.

3rd: Seeing as this is a genre of gaming that is based on WINNING matches of course people like the competitive aspect.

4th: One need not look further than the last rambling, incoherent, obscenity laced thread you started... to know you place A TON of importance in your life on this game. You were ready to start of a riot over the fact you had to play a game mode you don't like to acquire skins. LMAO so just stop man. You shit on people for being into competitively playing the game yet you threw a tantrum worthy of ridicule over something as insignificant to real life as skins in a video game.
Stop acting like your so above people when your clearly below and if you were good at the game I guarantee you'd be piping off daily about what an awesome proving ground it is for skilled fighting game players.

Last edited:

Zviko

Noob
Not agreeing is one thing. Being brainwashed and stupid as fuck is another one.
My point. This game did something terrible to you and now you're releasing all your frustration on a forum and on everyone disagreeing with you and calling them names. How is anyone supposed to take your opinions as actual opinions? These are not opinions. This is anger speaking. And it's getting worse. Some of it doesn't even make sense.

xKMMx

Banned
Competitively, yes, it is the shit.

So help me out are you saying its "shit" or "the shit"? Cause like all your other stuff its almost impossible to understand what you mean.

Your right did "nit" say the game is trash. The opposite is to be inferred from his Tier list. Having that many characters bunched into 3 tiers is saying that almost any character in this game is viable if you play correctly.
I have my gripes about the meta of this game but one thing is true this game doesn't have huge disparity between the haves and have nots anymore.

xKMMx

Banned
My point. This game did something terrible to you and now you're releasing all your frustration on a forum and on everyone disagreeing with you and calling them names. How is anyone supposed to take your opinions as actual opinions? These are not opinions. This is anger speaking. And it's getting worse. Some of it doesn't even make sense.
Exactly. Pure rage and salt. I bet this dude has sent some God like hate mails to people that beat him and he is probably a compulsive tbagger when he wins.