What's new

Question about "Taps"

Eternal

Noob
I was reading this guide found here http://ultimatemk.com/cguide.php?character=general&game=umk3arcade and in the section called "Special Moves" it talks about taps, its easily understandable but the I get to the part were it talks about using taps to do Kitana's Air Fan juggle..

It says to After an aaHP,HP, punisher, hit Forward+UP+HK for the jump kick, then hit Forward+HP+LP to toss out the fan instantly...

So to get this to work do I have to start the juggle with aaHP,HP, because when I try to start with the air fan lift I cant get the fan toss to happen using
Forward+UP+HK for the jump kick, then Forward+HP+LP, for fan toss...I can only do the juggle using air lift, Forward+UP+HK, F,F+HP+LP

I,m the dpad on my controller btw...

Thanks

Eternal

Noob
The guide says to do the fan toss I only need to press Forward ONCE...

so is this a typo or am I just to slow?

You're technically pressing it twice, that's the trick to it. By pressing f+u, you're putting in the first f command, and then inputting the second when you execute the move. Many fighting games have advanced techniques utilizing this kind of exploit, using it to do instant air dashes in some games and wavedashes in others, among other things.