What's new

Question about Deception...

dubson

Noob
I really only ever played the 2D Mortal Kombat's, but Ive been wanting to pick up one of the new ones (yes, i know they wont compare) but a friend of mine on here (XL) told me he likes Deception a little better than Armageddon. And he also mentioned that Deception brought back and re-made some of the old school levels from MK1 and MK2

So I wanted your guys opinions (and I aplogize if this is another Deception vs. Armageddon thread, please ignore this thread if it bothers you :( )

So,

1. Which do you guys prefer

2. Can someone tell me all the "old school" levels from the older Mortal Kombats that were brought back in Deception? ( Im not aware that Armageddon did this, but if Im wrong, please inform me)

Thanks fellas

The Old School Levels brought back in Deception were
MK1 stages:
Courtyard
The Pit (yes deathtrap included)

MKII Stages
Dead Pool
Living Forest
The Portal

The Old School Stages in Armageddon were
MKII stages
The Tower
Shao Kahn's Arena
I would believe The Pit II
The Wastelands
EDIT: The Armory

UMK3 stages
The Belltower
The Subway
Scorpion's Lair (Hell)

MK4 stage
Prison (the place with the fans)
Goro's Lair (MK1 since it came first)

To a lot of us in the thread, MK deception and MK Armageddon are both well known for being broken...I'll leave that to the experts to explain, but you are rather better off with getting MK:Deception because you get more fighting styles for each character, and every character had more advantages than disavantages, In Armageddon, you have a Kreate a Fighter mode...that's a good one to say the least, and you might want to stay away from the Kreate A Fatality mode. It SUCKS big time, and is the most hated (as well as it is the most retarded) system ever created. When MK:Armageddon made it's launch, it wasn't until a mere month or less the game died out, and shortly thereafter, players went back to playing MK Deception for the things Armageddon was missing. Again I'll leave the detailed info to the experts here, but you might want to look into the other threads for more answers.

Dubson said:
I really only ever played the 2D Mortal Kombat's, but Ive been wanting to pick up one of the new ones (yes, i know they wont compare) but a friend of mine on here (XL) told me he likes Deception a little better than Armageddon. And he also mentioned that Deception brought back and re-made some of the old school levels from MK1 and MK2

So I wanted your guys opinions (and I aplogize if this is another Deception vs. Armageddon thread, please ignore this thread if it bothers you :( )

So,

1. Which do you guys prefer

2. Can someone tell me all the "old school" levels from the older Mortal Kombats that were brought back in Deception? ( Im not aware that Armageddon did this, but if Im wrong, please inform me)

Thanks fellas
You still talk to XL? He removed everyone I know off his FR and abandoned the community. Do you still talk to him?

out of all the 3D mk's i prefer MK:DA it's the most balenced and there are no game breaking bugs/infinites its not deep or extreamly technical but i find it extreamly fun, i even still play it with my friends when were not in the mood for a serious game sometimes :)

P.S. i really think MK:DA deserves more praise then it gets!!

RoGE

Noob
MKD is just trash, MKA however, fixed ALOT of glitches in MKD and has the best gameplay of the 3.
MKA is not broken and its got 2D elements as well (not many but some)
KAK is pretty broke though but who gives a shit? no body play's them anyway and you could use a boss against them.
honestly, I don't know why people give the game a lot of crap, my guess because of a few broke stuff but hey, what MK game with combo's don't have broken moves? (UMK3's Kung=broken)
don't even compare a great game like MKA to a piece of shit like MKD.
well...thats only if your not a casual or online player.

ill list the pros and cons

MKA pros
-every character
-air combat
-better online layout
-not even close enough to be as broke as MKD
-NO anoying cheap ass Bo Rai Cho (I rather fight a KAK then him)
-more skill and the high level play is fun as hell

Cons
-The replay value is pretty shitty compared to MKD (lack of unlockables)
-2 fighting styles

MKD pros
-More replay value
-better stages

Cons
-Broke As Fuck (to many INF combos)
-Bo Rai Cho pretty much owns the game
-not many people play it online anymore

if your a casual that don't play online or use 100% combos then MKD, if your a high level player that plays online then MKA
-
-