What's new

Question about character models ...

Pangolin-man

My trusty sidekick is not amused!
Do the developers at NRS and other studios ever use celebrities for their character models? I know Ronda Rousey is the inspiration for this version of Sonya. Although, I don't think it looks much like her.

The reason I ask is because I play with Jade a lot and have noticed that the character model looks a lot like Zoe Saldana. This is a good thing because Zoe Saldana is absolutely beautiful. Has anyone else noticed things like this. And, does anybody have first-hand knowledge that developers take some of their cues from certain people to give their characters more realism. Just curious.

Last edited:

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
Ronda Rousey only rented her voice to Sonya, never her appearance .... and yep, the Jade motion capture model is very look alike Zoe Saldana, what is good indeed .... isn't Gamora sexy as hell ? sure is ! :D

The only one celebrity based alike character (besides Cary Tagawa as Shang Tsung), will be, in fact, Terminator, that is a 100% copy of Arnold Schwarzenegger .... but the VA will be an impersonator of Arnie, hehe :p