What's new

Question about better defense

Hey,
Which is the best way to stay safe while in blockstring?
For example Kung Lao, if he connect an jump in punch and do:
122, throw
122, spin
122, d3

I know he has more options but yesterday i fought an Kung Lao and he was doing nothing but these things (apart from random teleports and random divekicks), and even that i knew it was coming i failed the most of the time defending correctly.
Which is the best way to defense and punish this?
I mean, if he has breaker and does 122 he could do an spin after 122 and hit my d1 attempt, that means if i am fearing the spin (full combo) he can loop the string and do for free lot of other things!
The stupid thing is he could delay the spin making this even more difficult to deal against.

I main Sonya, which are the best options dealing against this?
Just poke out?

Thanks!

Daniel Aiden

Unknown-Member31
poke him . watch for 24, 21 strings and his back punch witch is 7 frames ..if i rememeber . anyway you can uppercut or poke him from first punch strings .

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
kung lao cant establish pressure without throwing out spins every now and then to keep you in check

if you fear the spin then he gets free pressure, if youre constantly blocking 1121/21 it means hes not spinning, take advantage of that or go braindead with ex kartwheel

miloPKL

soundcloud.com/pukelization
block low. only the throw or overhead can hurt you. the overhead is slow and projected so easy to react. the throw can be tech'd but even if you dont, so what? its the least damaging option.

what happened to your ex cartwheel? youre a sonya player, yes? sonya is a good match for lao.

edit: what laos are you playing that arent forcing you to block low with 24 anyway? somethings not right. this thread smells fishy...

offline youd remember that spin is punished for about 38% into free pressure a 7f jab and a safe on block cartwheel
Yes, i punish every spin on block with 38% even online.
ist a shame that the training mode in mk9 sucks, i would test my question easily.
If KL does 122 into throw or 122 into spin, is this a 50/50?
That is my question, can i avoid both?

block low. only the throw or overhead can hurt you. the overhead is slow and projected so easy to react. the throw can be tech'd but even if you dont, so what? its the least damaging option.

what happened to your ex cartwheel? youre a sonya player, yes? sonya is a good match for lao.

edit: what laos are you playing that arent forcing you to block low with 24 anyway? somethings not right. this thread smells fishy...
yeah, but if u eat some throws in a row that is also an amount of life :/

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
ist a shame that the training mode in mk9 sucks, i would test my question easily.
cutting strings online is easy to react to, just not punish, use ex kartwheel or mash 1 when blocking

112 spin will never happen on block, its a retarded mixup, wait out the spin after 112 or D4 MS/ex kart

Phased

Noob
just block and tech the throw..if you block his spin he losses 38%...if he he succeeds in throwing you regardless, the pressure is over

i also was trying to naked crouch and whiff punish throw attempt but i was eating spin and also the last hit of the string 122(1)
and obviously the classic nr1 online tech "122, d3, cross up~repeat) lmao

Ok thanks u guys!
I got some ideas!

Daniel Aiden

Unknown-Member31
bro, don't play retarded online players who 122 ,d3 , cross up like ******.first, a kl player try to make you respect the spin. if you respect the spin. he will check you with low and if you become super-defensive he will try grab mixups . usually if a see someone respect de spin and blocking mutch i grab alot. if he try to avoid the grab i try longer mix-ups or delayed spin after the string ends. so .... use that cartwheel (en ) . :))

bro, don't play retarded online players who 122 ,d3 , cross up like ******.first, a kl player try to make you respect the spin. if you respect the spin. he will check you with low and if you become super-defensive he will try grab mixups . usually if a see someone respect de spin and blocking mutch i grab alot. if he try to avoid the grab i try longer mix-ups or delayed spin after the string ends. so .... use that cartwheel (en ) . :))
okai thanks!
the best counter for 122, 3 cross up is counter poke 3 or nj? i try sometimes to d1 cross up but it dont work everytime :(