What's new

QUANculations: The Math of Quan pt 2. (100% Rune Traps)

OK, 2 players, 2 different ways. While rune traping the opponent, I mix him up with b+3 1+2 or u+3 and reset the combos. constant pressure, u know ;-). I have tested it, online and offline. You can jump out

Under_The_Mayo

Master of Quanculations
after 212 EX Rune, you can jump out, after 21 EX Rune not. It´s tricky but possible. Yes, I watched the vid. In my opinion guaranteed damage is better then setups, where the opponent has the chance to escape and can whiff-punish you. For Quan it´s important to keep the opponent under constant pressure, so I prefer 21 EX Rune. sorry for my bad english, i´m from germany
Ok man. Yes, please read Box`s reply. The stun from the ex rune makes a properly executed dash 2 1 2 inescapable. If somehow you`re able to jump out, it means they aren`t timing it precisely, and the 2 1 2 can be hit confirmed into trance and they`ll be reset.

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
Man, I'm glad I'm maining a character with adequate armor and the ability to keep Quan out or I'd be really afraid now. X_X

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
Though I must add, any character with 100% damage that they don't even need to work for just dial... NURF.

Chongo

Dead Kings Rise
He's capable of 100% damage. I'm not saying he's the only one, I'm saying on principle it's either everyone or no-one.
LBSH, he needs it. Quan is the worst character in the game without meter. If you are going to take the rune trap away, you better take away Cyrax, Smoke, and Jax resets also. You also better buff Quan a whole lot to make up for it.

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
you better take away Cyrax, Smoke, and Jax resets also
That's the point. My criticism is not against one character in the lot, but towards the game design itself. It's just griping because this game is pretty much done and done. But, I like to point out the obvious like "Hey, this is cool but it's game breaking if it's done to a character that has little to no chance to armor out of this and force you to break or eat 40-50%"

Always been a devil's advocate for fairplay.
Never made any difference :D

Under_The_Mayo

Master of Quanculations
He's capable of 100% damage. I'm not saying he's the only one, I'm saying on principle it's either everyone or no-one.
These set ups are absolutely escapable. This is not reset that takes 100% damage if you have no breaker like Smoke or Jax or Cyrax. These sequences are based on reading your opponent, staggering strings, and calculating meter gain. All of these 100% set ups have 2 to 3 points to poke out or armor out or even jump out if you make a good read on what Quan is trying to do, PLUS a techable throw if we`re not looking at the 4th rune setups. That`s how you fight Quan, by knowing how to fight against his meter building. Every character is "capable" of 100% damage if you don`t escape their setups. Scorpion`s vortex will kill you with 2 good reads. If this were all inescapble, it would be an issue.

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
These set ups are absolutely escapable. This is not reset that takes 100% damage if you have no breaker like Smoke or Jax or Cyrax. These sequences are based on reading your opponent, staggering strings, and calculating meter gain. All of these 100% set ups have 2 to 3 points to poke out or armor out or even jump out if you make a good read on what Quan is trying to do, PLUS a techable throw if we`re not looking at the 4th rune setups. That`s how you fight Quan, by knowing how to fight against his meter building.
Thank you for clarifying this! I need to remark that I marvel at the detail and accuracy of this tutorial. You sir, are amazing. I wish we had this for Jade.

Every character is "capable" of 100% damage if you don`t escape their setups.
I can give you names that don't have any such set-ups, among them my main who is heavily dependent on avoiding these setups and seems to struggle uphill against them. You can call it jealousy but it's just what I said above: I wish for fairplay above all. For example, in the previous MK everybody had a 100% and the game revolved around that, I believe...

Hellbringer

1 2 3 drink
Very nice video, u seem to put in alot of time making video's like this. It is very much apriciated man. You are one of my favorite video makers and u got me picking up kenshi way before the kenshi era:p . Well done :)

Under_The_Mayo

Master of Quanculations
imo better would be some setup that include ex trance , and does less dmg but its guaranteed
Yes, all that has been covered in previous videos. This particular video is just showing off the setup for potential 100%.

The setup you're imagining is what I call The Mayo Trap, and it's showcased in this video here around the 8 minute mark.