What's new

Quan-tum fission. Disscusion of Quan fussion

Primal Raptor

Quan-Cheesy
ive been toying around in practice mode a bit with this thing i saw mayo do, credited to solitude. i noticed tht its relatively simple and should be mixed in with all quan players game. if you can land a 1,1,2 than u can use it. after the u3, teleport part, if you dash towards and they roll back, u will be out of range of most wakeups, tht will wiff or be blocked depending. example would be ermacs lift wiffs, his teleport is blocked. from this you can trance the wiff, and punish a blocked wakeup. i wanna hear wat everyone else finds they can do from the basic quanfusion string. i see tht there may be boundless options. videos are appreciated

SZSR

Noob
I would like to know if delayed wakeup can be a counter to it. Since Quan auto-corrects to face the left after a little while, or is this negated by the properties of Quan fusion?

BTW, Fusion only has one "s.

Under_The_Mayo

Master of Quanculations
I would like to know if delayed wakeup can be a counter to it. Since Quan auto-corrects to face the left after a little while, or is this negated by the properties of Quan fusion?

BTW, Fusion only has one "s.
It's not that it negates wakeup attacks. It's that it makes it hard to know what side he's on, and he could dash to you other side and by then your wakeup wont have invincibility. And even then he can crossover. Some wakeups arent effected, like raiden's teleport.

SZSR

Noob
It's not that it negates wakeup attacks. It's that it makes it hard to know what side he's on, and he could dash to you other side and by then your wakeup wont have invincibility. And even then he can crossover. Some wakeups arent effected, like raiden's teleport.
Yeah that's what i'm saying, you don't know what side Quan is on but if you delay the wakeup can you get Quan to autocorrect and just stand or do a risky wakeup?

Primal Raptor

Quan-Cheesy
Not if he dashes through your body. That's the point.
in my mind, this is a technique to make certain matchups easier. raiden is still difficult, but johny [ban incoming] is easliy screwed over by this tactic. i love the number of ways u can use quan chis moves. he has so much tech

Primal Raptor

Quan-Cheesy
and guys,, i have been using this strategy, and i find it most effective against sonia. just zone here out and mix this in with keep away and she is one dead babe

STB Shujinkydink

Burning down in flames for kicks
zoning he is so easy though. and u can punish most of her ability to get in on reaction. if u just block her pressure than ur screwed, but if u dnt let her get in its really quite easy. id say its a 4-6 or 5-5
she outzones quan, thats the problem. you cant do that

STB Shujinkydink

Burning down in flames for kicks
ive never been outzoned by sonia. i guess its just me but if u trade a trance with ur zoning, quan doesnt lose tht match
Insuperable

am I crazy here? sonya zones the shit outta quan, and shes certainly not going to start zoning within trance range, besides you have to start the trance before she starts her rings otherwise the rings will hit you out of trance.

Primal Raptor

Quan-Cheesy
Dude... Never question Primal Raptor!

On a serious note, I believe he said you could punish her rings on reaction, right? I don't know about you, but I have never punished her rings on reaction lmao
Her footsies are better than Quan's, combos are stronger than Quan's, a better corner game, and her projectiles recover much quicker than Quan's. On the bright side, Quan can uppercut during her 114 string :p
i mean, on reaction u can punish her stupid fuckin arch kick if ur far enough away, if not dash back on start up and go in for rune trap. its not easy but its one of the only ways to keep her wanting to stay away. bt a question. can you skydrop on reaction to those rings?

HGTV DrFlash44

Quan Cheese!!!
Make sure that you don't do it against raiden, jax,or kl as they have good autocorrecting wakeups. Smoke and reptile also have their invinsibilities, but those can be punished if your pressuring their wakeup easily