What's new

Strategy - Summoner Quan Chi Summoner Variation Discussion Thread

AeWhole

Noob
HI, guys! Can u give me some advices how to play against Kobu? If she touches me once - 90% i die. I can block, but cant understand where i can escape her pressing and take the initiative in my hands...
Watch her meter and look for a pattern in 50/50s back dash and njp are your friend you have to zo e her and force her to teleport un safely. Basically play like a little bitch until you have the upper hand Tanya needs the real nerf so does predator leap. Ridiculous that they don't need stamina for most of their combos they are very easy to play. Just cancels.

AeWhole

Noob
Hi, guys!
Do you know, how to performe summoners brutality in real fight? I mean, if i want skull brutality - i do b324, 4~trance, back dash, skull and it works, but bat disappears by this point((
Pull bat out during trance! But the it's a brutatility so whatever. I would still do the full combo but instead of 141 end with skull.

ZorN

Noob
Pull bat out during trance! But the it's a brutatility so whatever. I would still do the full combo but instead of 141 end with skull.
If i summon the bat during trance - enemy have a lot of time to punish me for that, escape it or just die becouse of zero hp...

AeWhole

Noob
If i summon the bat during trance - enemy have a lot of time to punish me for that, escape it or just die becouse of zero hp...
Uh wut? Oh, you mean the puggles wrath brutality my bad. You can definitely pull out a bat during trance and still have plenty of time to hit them with a bat. I think it's DF3 isn't it?

ZorN

Noob
Uh wut? Oh, you mean the puggles wrath brutality my bad. You can definitely pull out a bat during trance and still have plenty of time to hit them with a bat. I think it's DF3 isn't it?
Y, i mean brutality with puggle. And yes df3 but it will not work.

Odyessus

New PSN: XShdwX_Odysseus
Just wanted to say that Quan is the best can opener in the game. On top off that he is one of those safety can openers. Ya know the ones that give the can a wicked rim job and leave the remains dull.

The premise for this is: the opponent has no meter and you have 2 bars. If this happens just go ham till they open up.

It all starts with opponent in trance,

Summon bat (Betsy) go for vortex dbat, b2 (afraid they would block it) db1ex, (blocked that too?!) B32, db1ex (blocked that too?!!!!!!!!) Throw.

It ridiculous. You just went pseudo low/overhead mid, low... low,mid,low.... throw.

The opponent has to hold that shit.

AeWhole

Noob
Just wanted to say that Quan is the best can opener in the game. On top off that he is one of those safety can openers. Ya know the ones that give the can a wicked rim job and leave the remains dull.

The premise for this is: the opponent has no meter and you have 2 bars. If this happens just go ham till they open up.

It all starts with opponent in trance,

Summon bat (Betsy) go for vortex dbat, b2 (afraid they would block it) db1ex, (blocked that too?!) B32, db1ex (blocked that too?!!!!!!!!) Throw.

It ridiculous. You just went pseudo low/overhead mid, low... low,mid,low.... throw.

The opponent has to hold that shit.
I mean... ya. You're not supposed to have a fun time fighting Quan.

TrulyAmiracle

Loud and Klear~
Don't let her in, HT Jacqui has awful tools to get through zoning, and Quan's is the real deal.
But yeah once she's in she wrecks Quan.
You can backdash 4 quickburst after the 4, you can have a 6frame poke so you can use it unless the Jacqui is on point with the cancels. F12, b2 and b14 are the easiest to QBRC off of. Other strings it's super tight so you're better trying to interrupt in those strings being QBRC'd.

gibster13

A fan of fans
Don't let her in, HT Jacqui has awful tools to get through zoning, and Quan's is the real deal.
But yeah once she's in she wrecks Quan.
You can backdash 4 quickburst after the 4, you can have a 6frame poke so you can use it unless the Jacqui is on point with the cancels. F12, b2 and b14 are the easiest to QBRC off of. Other strings it's super tight so you're better trying to interrupt in those strings being QBRC'd.
True. I won when she was full screen. Up close its like a 10-0

Yo, anyone here have any info on dealing with The Cassie Cage matchup (preferably against Spec Ops, but any info is much needed).

Aramonde

Noob
So I always wondered why I never see the puggles wrath brutality and after trying to do it I can see why. This is so Fucking hard to pull off! The hardest thing is the opponent has to have 10% life when you do the bat grab. If they took that out it could be a little easier. So glad Warlock's is super easy to do ^_^

gibster13

A fan of fans
I don't care about these nerfs. All one must do is change how they play him.

Rune is still a safe launcher !
No bat during trance is fine when one thinks about it. You can still have a vortex and still zone!
Damage will be decreased but thats fair imo.

My fav zoning set up is
b2 exrune trance j2 f2122 run 141 (the knockdown is for ever and allows free bat to zone)

These changes can make him more zoning based and YES i understand that his zoning will be made worse because of rune being -1 but it will just be reads so when you think about it, it is fine. Puggles helps zoning so much ! Don't overreact about these (fair??) changes !

Quan will live on (apparent from sorcerer lol…..gg)

I don't care about these nerfs. All one must do is change how they play him.

Rune is still a safe launcher !
No bat during trance is fine when one thinks about it. You can still have a vortex and still zone!
Damage will be decreased but thats fair imo.

My fav zoning set up is
b2 exrune trance j2 f2122 run 141 (the knockdown is for ever and allows free bat to zone)

These changes can make him more zoning based and YES i understand that his zoning will be made worse because of rune being -1 but it will just be reads so when you think about it, it is fine. Puggles helps zoning so much ! Don't overreact about these (fair??) changes !

Quan will live on (apparent from sorcerer lol…..gg)
Bat shouldn't have a cooldown if he is losing bat combos / +14. Ex rune IMHO.

Poshib

The Artman
Here's a set I had with Michaelangelo not too long ago. Quan vs Quan is so silly. Please feel free to discuss and criticize. Im always looking to learn to things with Quan.