What's new

Strategy - Sorcerer Quan Chi Sorcerer Variation Discussion Thread

Chrishaspads

Name isn't Chris, Doesn't have pads
how does the rune trap work now? like is the setup still combo into trance, rune trap, d3, 14 ex rune?

AeWhole

Noob
how does the rune trap work now? like is the setup still combo into trance, rune trap, d3, 14 ex rune?
honestly since quan, in my opinion, struggles against pressure bad now. You should just armor every time unless you know what you are doing with the purple rune. Red rune is dead in every sense of the word. They nerfed chip and none of the old setups work. Just armor and brock lesnar them in the corner.

Optimal damage midscreen and wall combos for Sorcerer Quan Chi using Final Hex. I make this using Reptile's slippery slide reversal attack wich is the fastest of game. This set up is safe and the only way to escape is either using combo breaker or block breaker. 52% for midscreen 71% for wall combo, at the end of the wall combo Quan Chi is not so safe tho.

Invincible Salads

Seeker of knowledge
what are his combo's for the corner for armor loops? where u do armor spell, and do a combo to where you can recast armor spell again.

CrazyFingers

The Power of Lame Compels You
so like...how the hell do i fight this fucker? What are his bad matchups and how do i deal with him cuz I feel super helpless against him. Like...worse than Crystaline Tremor helpless.

Tweedy

Noob
so like...how the hell do i fight this fucker? What are his bad matchups and how do i deal with him cuz I feel super helpless against him. Like...worse than Crystaline Tremor helpless.
He kind of falls in the same category as HQT and Crystalline. Really bad on defense, but he has pre patch setplay.

When he has the portal up in the corner, just try to block him 2-4 times. I know it sounds dumb, but nothing good will ever come out of trying to jump out or hit him out, if he's doing the proper set up.

Assuming you're talking about Leatherface of course. If you have a multi hitting armored move or a multi hitting button, like Liu's B1, use that shit.

CrazyFingers

He kind of falls in the same category as HQT and Crystalline. Really bad on defense, but he has pre patch setplay.

When he has the portal up in the corner, just try to block him 2-4 times. I know it sounds dumb, but nothing good will ever come out of trying to jump out or hit him out, if he's doing the proper set up.

Assuming you're talking about Leatherface of course. If you have a multi hitting armored move or a multi hitting button, like Liu's B1, use that shit.
So like Slasher Choke/Charge or Leatherface EX Overhead/Low, got it. I got mopped in Kombat Cup Week 3 because I didn't have a fucking clue what to do against this damn character.

Tweedy

Noob
oh wait you mean hits twice not two hits of armor got it so then EX BF2 on Slasher should work? And I assume EX Punchwalk blows through that shit too.
Idk lol it probably depends on how fast the hits are. Like maybe he can take the first hit from slasher and then block or NJP the rest.

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
Question:

Tonight I was fighting against this Unstoppable Jason player. He was full screen and died from a skull. When he went to resurrect it somehow took a hit off my armor circle(the armor flash happened) despite him being full screen.

This happened again when I had my armor up and he was cornered. Any idea what was happening?

CrazyFingers

Question:

Tonight I was fighting against this Unstoppable Jason player. He was full screen and died from a skull. When he went to resurrect it somehow took a hit off my armor circle(the armor flash happened) despite him being full screen.

This happened again when I had my armor up and he was cornered. Any idea what was happening?
The thing where both players back up right before resurrection counts as a hit i believe.

Arzumis

Noob
Is there a way to steal all 3 bars of meter in one combo? Some one in a stream chat told me he saw it a while back on here. Me being a quan player told him its not possible to my knowledge but he swore he saw it so i will ask here and see if we can settle this?
[edit]
Found the video

Last edited:

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
How do you all feel about Sorcerer vs Sektor?

I think it's annoying af.

Pumpkinholes

steady mobbin
I'm tryna test my sorcerer I'm pretty sure he's a beast but I need to play against some competition to try em out really. Hmm xbl