What's new

Quan Chi pressuring and mix ups?

Alright guys, so I've picked up Quan Chi and have been trying him out in online matches with varying success. What I'd like to know is how do I pressure effectively with him? In addition to mixing up because with the more experienced players know that I'm going to use either b3,1+2 or f1,2 and thus gets too predictable and u get fuzzy blocked. I also try sky drop and land on the other side of the opponent and before I try to do something the enemy is too fast and I get blown up. Any advice guys? Would be much appreciated as I'm quite enjoying his playstyle even though I'm a Mileena mainer.

Under_The_Mayo

Master of Quanculations
Alright guys, so I've picked up Quan Chi and have been trying him out in online matches with varying success. What I'd like to know is how do I pressure effectively with him? In addition to mixing up because with the more experienced players know that I'm going to use either b3,1+2 or f1,2 and thus gets too predictable and u get fuzzy blocked. I also try sky drop and land on the other side of the opponent and before I try to do something the enemy is too fast and I get blown up. Any advice guys? Would be much appreciated as I'm quite enjoying his playstyle even though I'm a Mileena mainer.
Whiffed skydrops don't work. Pressure with 1 1 and B1 and D3. You can use 1 1 2 and B1 1 trance as mix up options once they try to poke out of your pressure. Those pokes build good meter inbetween 2 1 2 Rune traps. B3 1+2 can catch them off guard if you delay your attack a bit. Don't use F1 2 trance against a good opponent. It'll never work. Instead, go for F1 2 1+2 and then continue your pressure by going for a D3, throw, or maybe a neutral punch if they like to jump out.

miloPKL

soundcloud.com/pukelization
just do that double punch combo that ends in a low which fucks me over ever time i play him

ImmortalSkillit

SteeevRay
http://www.testyourmight.com/threads/definitive-new-main.15483/#post-331965

Mate thanks for the offer but I'm on ps3 lol :(.
I recommend going there and scrolling down a few posts to see what IniquintyDM posted, all of that info is very useful, and will pretty much cover stuff you should know, outside of the tiny aspects of things, which is why I wanted to chat, typing all that out would be harmful to my health. No worries though.

I would assume, if you're gonna use the mix ups, don't forget U+3, its slow but I still run into players offline who don't pick up on it, and hell, throw in the 21U+3 chain into your mix ups; ends with a overhead that...well, may be safe on block, i've actually never had it blocked now that I think about it....hmm.

Oh, and yeah, hit confirm B3 1+2 and F1 2, and if they're going to be blocked, just cancel out into a ex rune. Handy stuff

Sage Leviathan

I'm platinum mad!
d3 is almost a necessary part of blockstrings 24/7.
11, 21, and d3 are good. During WGC i saw Hidan use b21, but i think its because his opp was respecting him too much.

Spletty

Grandmaster
If you haven't watched Under_The_Mayo 's videos on quan chi you definitely should. There's a lot of math in it but it shows his meter building and best pressure strings among others. The dude knows his quan trust me lol

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

Spletty

Grandmaster
Oh and add me on PSN and ill play whenever im on since im trying to level up my quan as well. TYM_SPLETTY

Under_The_Mayo

Master of Quanculations
If you haven't watched Under_The_Mayo 's videos on quan chi you definitely should. There's a lot of math in it but it shows his meter building and best pressure strings among others. The dude knows his quan trust me lol

I do know my Quan, but have you seen me actually play him? I'm soooo bad. I know everything about him and how he should be played, but I don't feel him. So I never really make the right decisions. I stopped practicing with him long ago and only play him for fun sometimes. I just do the math and science stuff to help the true Quan players because I love the character so much, and therefore serve the players as much as I can. Especially because of how weird, underused, and polarizing he is.

Most of the real offensive strategies come from players like Shujinkydink and Insuperable . I just watch them on stream and copy them when I play. :)

Thanks for the responses guys! Definitely going to be trying this out :)

@spletty_91 il add you but can American and Europeans play on mk together online ?

Spletty

Grandmaster
I do know my Quan, but have you seen me actually play him? I'm soooo bad. I know everything about him and how he should be played, but I don't feel him. So I never really make the right decisions. I stopped practicing with him long ago and only play him for fun sometimes. I just do the math and science stuff to help the true Quan players because I love the character so much, and therefore serve the players as much as I can. Especially because of how weird, underused, and polarizing he is.

Most of the real offensive strategies come from players like Shujinkydink and Insuperable . I just watch them on stream and copy them when I play. :)
I guess I haven't seen any match footage, I just assumed you were good from those ridiculously in-depth videos lol and im sure you can't be worse than me. I love watching Shujinkydink 's quan, by far my favorite mk player

Spletty

Grandmaster
Thanks for the responses guys! Definitely going to be trying this out :)

@spletty_91 il add you but can American and Europeans play on mk together online ?
Im not sure if we can or not but ill definitely try! Lookin forward to it

Flagg

Noob
Quan is the character I can never give up. Every now and again, I bust him out. I know we all say how bad online is, but he definitely benefits from being played offline.

You'd be surprised how many times you can 11, B3 1+2 and the B3 hits most the time.

This character is so unique. I think once you get really good with this character, you can really get into the head of your opponent.

SaranathUK, I think i'm going to start maining this guy again. He has powerful stuff. For instance, Jip, B21, dash, B21, dash, B11 trance, Jip, B11 medium rune. Does about 43%. Not bad for a non rune trap, non meter combo. We'll have to get some mirrors going at the next PND.