What's new

Breakthough - Quan Chi Quan Chi OH slash may be a MID now? after (Oct 4th)

STB Shujinkydink

Burning down in flames for kicks
yeah i say, they make it immune during travel to all hits, havce armor just at startup, but on way Down it should be immune, but still retain its Punishable properties, and that would be fair. and strengthen it enough to be Viable in many situations.

all that without it being safe to spam. even if it was just safe, i could still hit it out of air, and on startupo, no quan would ever get it out, exspecially aginst Good Zoners. and characters with advancing moves and AA tools. like Raiden DB2 hold. lol
why does it need to be punishable though? its a bar for 18%. its not like its a combo starter or anything. Lots of characters have safe armoured moves. albeit who knows whats happening in the patch

CrazyFingers

The Power of Lame Compels You
why does it need to be punishable though? its a bar for 18%. its not like its a combo starter or anything. Lots of characters have safe armoured moves. albeit who knows whats happening in the patch
It closes space and does damage, those things don't tend to coexist with being safe. Plenty of non combo starting armor isn't safe (Slides, Lackey Roll, teleports etc) imo, if we're going to have a standard of things that are armored and close distances are unsafe, no one should be excluded, that includes Quan.

Meep8345

Noob
It would be hilarious if they nerfed his b2 and just made 12, 0 on block and nothing else and said in the patch notes "Quan is exactly where lord Paulo wants, at the bottom of the tier list."

MadeOfMetal

Kenshi Srubtastic,Cyrax, Special Forces Mains
i just figured since everything has to be unsafe why not that. i wouldnt mind but everyone else would want it punishable. like subs slide or Reptiles slide which leadns to nothing as well.

STB Shujinkydink

Burning down in flames for kicks
It closes space and does damage, those things don't tend to coexist with being safe. Plenty of non combo starting armor isn't safe (Slides, Lackey Roll, teleports etc) imo, if we're going to have a standard of things that are armored and close distances are unsafe, no one should be excluded, that includes Quan.
no there are a few moves that have armour and dont combo that are safe. upball for example, Johnny Cages shadow kick, Kung Jins butt drop, Jaxs straight dash punch to name a few. I dont think it would be unreasonable to ask. its not like im asking for him to be plus. You block it, its still your turn. Just make it like -8 or something iunno

CrazyFingers

no there are a few moves that have armour and dont combo that are safe. upball for example, Johnny Cages shadow kick, Kung Jins butt drop, Jaxs straight dash punch to name a few. I dont think it would be unreasonable to ask. its not like im asking for him to be plus. You block it, its still your turn. Just make it like -8 or something iunno
I suppose it could work, i'm just cautious on stuff like that because it could get dumb real quick.

Solomon Gorondy

Should Goro be top 5?
Goro's EX Stomp is also safe on block.

MadeOfMetal

i guess thats cool, but ask for it to be invulnerable on way down too. otherwise he gets buffed for no reason. he should not be knowed out of air on way down. thats dumb. but i agree you changed my mind. make it safe, it leads to nothing and -8 seems fair it does have blockstun so itll be safe at -8.

MadeOfMetal

I suppose it could work, i'm just cautious on stuff like that because it could get dumb real quick.
yeah i bhear ya, but honestly, TYM makes everyone anal about every asked for change. when really how does it hurt us. he can't do skydrop into anothe rskydrop. its still opponents turn after he is safe. so why not. on top of that, i got in argument with someone because someone asked for Kano Cybernetic the shitty variation that is solid but lacking. it is litterally the only variation out of entirew cast that does not have an Overhead. even Kitana and Kenshi have Splat Overheads for conditioning. and they wanted an Overhead on Kano, not a starter but a soft knock down Overhead. and i was like. yeah go ahead. and they said he doesnt need it. what kind of asshole do you have to be to say. the Only character in the game wants an Overhead and he is the only one that doesn't have one. why would you aregue that. its BS give him a conditioning tool. people are to anal about shit. it doesn't hurt you. its just a conditioning tool. hell it can be Safe as well. Like Reptiles but Negative instead of plus one like Reptile b2.

CrazyFingers

yeah i bhear ya, but honestly, TYM makes everyone anal about every asked for change. when really how does it hurt us. he can't do skydrop into anothe rskydrop. its still opponents turn after he is safe. so why not. on top of that, i got in argument with someone because someone asked for Kano Cybernetic the shitty variation that is solid but lacking. it is litterally the only variation out of entirew cast that does not have an Overhead. even Kitana and Kenshi have Splat Overheads for conditioning. and they wanted an Overhead on Kano, not a starter but a soft knock down Overhead. and i was like. yeah go ahead. and they said he doesnt need it. what kind of asshole do you have to be to say. the Only character in the game wants an Overhead and he is the only one that doesn't have one. why would you aregue that. its BS give him a conditioning tool. people are to anal about shit. it doesn't hurt you. its just a conditioning tool. hell it can be Safe as well. Like Reptiles but Negative instead of plus one like Reptile b2.
IA Kano Ball is an overhead and you don't need that shit to win. Besides, Cybernetic is not the only character without an overhead starting normal. Kotal doesn't(non wargod of course) have it and he's fine. Cybernetic doesn't need an overhead, that's not how you help him but this is a Quan thread not a Kano thread so I'm not getting into that.

MadeOfMetal

IA Kano Ball is an overhead and you don't need that shit to win. Besides, Cybernetic is not the only character without an overhead starting normal. Kotal doesn't(non wargod of course) have it and he's fine. Cybernetic doesn't need an overhead, that's not how you help him but this is a Quan thread not a Kano thread so I'm not getting into that.
Kotal has Overhead . lol every character has Overhead but Kano Cybernetic. thats 100% fact. Kotal has B122. thats an overhead and its a starter. only 2 characters that only have Splat/HKD is Kitana and Kenshi. rest have Overhead starters. its the MEta when over 90% have it. meaning Kano is bringing a Knife to a gun fight. if anyone argues that they are wrong. you can say KAno Cybernetic is great and all. he is decent. but he is Lacking. if you play someon who is beating you with Cybernetic you are doing soemthing wrong. he has great kit. just lacks in to many fronts. many do what he does and do it better. pick a character. yes there is some that lose to him. but i can name many that are 110% better than his kit.

I really don't need to go into it. and i don't care how many that think preserving his Stagger style is the way to go. I want him to have an Overhead. he can open up other ways just like everyone in the cast. but they have an option he doesnt. and its Downplaying to say that not a huge threat.
Kano Cybernetic is very much different form Commano and CT. CT is rushdown and Foostie monster. Commando is Parry monster and Tick throws. Cybernetic zones and staggers for his style. but what does he do against someone with Decent Zoning, Space Control, Close up, Neutral, Footsie, Air control, Mixups.

he does have good Space Cointrol and Stagger pressure, ok neutral but lacks what everyone else has 50/50's and guessing in that manner, you pout someone wioth all the tools on Papaer and real life he suffers. without a doubt.

Giving him an Overhead to Condition will not hurt. If your a smart Cybernetic you don't clutch to Instant Air Kano Ball. thats suicide and nothing short of YOLO. will this work. ima take a chance and see if i get punished for a loss. no you don't do that. that move is very situational and can be used on punish only in the neutral assuming you don't do stupid shit as your gameplan.

Giving him an overhead give him the option to make them fear Overheads and eat Lows without puttiong him and sevear risk for doing so. you know like everyone els ein the cast. saying he should not get it is Upplaying him. and telling them to clutrch to IAKB is dumb practice. its a great move when it works, but when its blocks oops so sorry you lose now.

@Apex Kano lol we are back on this again.

@Dravum see what im talking about. they refuise to give him an overhead because they hate him. it takes a special person to say 100+ variations have overhead. and one guy doesnt, i don't want that 1 guy to have what he needs like everyone els ehas. Here is aKnife Kano fight the guiys with MAchine guns. Good Luck partner:)

CrazyFingers

Kotal has Overhead . lol every character has Overhead but Kano Cybernetic. thats 100% fact. Kotal has B122. thats an overhead and its a starter. only 2 characters that only have Splat/HKD is Kitana and Kenshi. rest have Overhead starters. its the MEta when over 90% have it. meaning Kano is bringing a Knife to a gun fight. if anyone argues that they are wrong. you can say KAno Cybernetic is great and all. he is decent. but he is Lacking. if you play someon who is beating you with Cybernetic you are doing soemthing wrong. he has great kit. just lacks in to many fronts. many do what he does and do it better. pick a character. yes there is some that lose to him. but i can name many that are 110% better than his kit.

I really don't need to go into it. and i don't care how many that think preserving his Stagger style is the way to go. I want him to have an Overhead. he can open up other ways just like everyone in the cast. but they have an option he doesnt. and its Downplaying to say that not a huge threat.
Kano Cybernetic is very much different form Commano and CT. CT is rushdown and Foostie monster. Commando is Parry monster and Tick throws. Cybernetic zones and staggers for his style. but what does he do against someone with Decent Zoning, Space Control, Close up, Neutral, Footsie, Air control, Mixups.

he does have good Space Cointrol and Stagger pressure, ok neutral but lacks what everyone else has 50/50's and guessing in that manner, you pout someone wioth all the tools on Papaer and real life he suffers. without a doubt.

Giving him an Overhead to Condition will not hurt. If your a smart Cybernetic you don't clutch to Instant Air Kano Ball. thats suicide and nothing short of YOLO. will this work. ima take a chance and see if i get punished for a loss. no you don't do that. that move is very situational and can be used on punish only in the neutral assuming you don't do stupid shit as your gameplan.

Giving him an overhead give him the option to make them fear Overheads and eat Lows without puttiong him and sevear risk for doing so. you know like everyone els ein the cast. saying he should not get it is Upplaying him. and telling them to clutrch to IAKB is dumb practice. its a great move when it works, but when its blocks oops so sorry you lose now.

@Apex Kano lol we are back on this again.

@Dravum see what im talking about. they refuise to give him an overhead because they hate him. it takes a special person to say 100+ variations have overhead. and one guy doesnt, i don't want that 1 guy to have what he needs like everyone els ehas. Here is aKnife Kano fight the guiys with MAchine guns. Good Luck partner:)
B122 has an overhead at the end of the string, this makes it a useless overhead in any variation other than war god which there it's only ok at best. Shoving overheads into places isn't how you help characters. If you have trouble opening people up with Cybernetic, play a different character, he isn't for you. NRS is also clearly trying to crack down on 50/50's (look at the thread that not only did you make but that you are in and understand the irony and silliness of requesting an overhead for a different character that doesn't need it) considering the game seems to be heading towards either A: Having less 50/50's (which adding a splat overhead completely contradicts) or B: Having an option of your 50/50 that is full combo punishable (which is what Cybernetic has) so please stop asking for a pointless buff on a character that doesn't need it when not only is the patch DONE by now, but when you clearly aren't understanding what the character actually needs to help it do what it is DESIGNED to do.

MadeOfMetal

B122 has an overhead at the end of the string, this makes it a useless overhead in any variation other than war god which there it's only ok at best. Shoving overheads into places isn't how you help characters. If you have trouble opening people up with Cybernetic, play a different character, he isn't for you. NRS is also clearly trying to crack down on 50/50's (look at the thread that not only did you make but that you are in and understand the irony and silliness of requesting an overhead for a different character that doesn't need it) considering the game seems to be heading towards either A: Having less 50/50's (which adding a splat overhead completely contradicts) or B: Having an option of your 50/50 that is full combo punishable (which is what Cybernetic has) so please stop asking for a pointless buff on a character that doesn't need it when not only is the patch DONE by now, but when you clearly aren't understanding what the character actually needs to help it do what it is DESIGNED to do.
no there is no worl that an Overhead starter is useless. its fine and a gret move. especially in War god. first to hits into a low sword, then next time the B122 its a gret move. i can see if your opponent knows your tendancieys that tends to happen with players you are practicing with no matter how good you are. every character has Oh but Cyber.

and i said it before ill say it again. Mixups are going nowhere. neither are Armored launchers we shall see tomorrow. that would be the single most stupid thing NRS could do. it would ruin over ha.lf the cast. mark my words it will only be a select few that get it nerfed. bet they evenm give it to some lower tiers or mid tiers. they bhavea tendancy to do this. after taking it away from others.

CrazyFingers

no there is no worl that an Overhead starter is useless. its fine and a gret move. especially in War god. first to hits into a low sword, then next time the B122 its a gret move. i can see if your opponent knows your tendancieys that tends to happen with players you are practicing with no matter how good you are. every character has Oh but Cyber.

and i said it before ill say it again. Mixups are going nowhere. neither are Armored launchers we shall see tomorrow. that would be the single most stupid thing NRS could do. it would ruin over ha.lf the cast. mark my words it will only be a select few that get it nerfed. bet they evenm give it to some lower tiers or mid tiers. they bhavea tendancy to do this. after taking it away from others.
Do you know what the word starter means? If not lemme enlighten. It means it's at the START of the string. B122 starts with a mid, ends in an overhead which you can block as it comes. In War God it's fine but I was talking about the other two, not war god. Secondly, I'll pass on marking your words, NRS has been listening and understands what they need to be doing. If they do what you're saying they'll do, then fuck it apparently they don't listen but Quan getting his Overhead removed, not nerfed REMOVED. The man doesn't have an overhead anymore. At all. Wanna give that back to him because everyone else has overheads? Pay attention to the changes that have been shown. NRS doesn't just pick from a bucket and show you the gifs that they find, they plan every bit of it, Reptile's armor not being there isn't "RIP Reptile" it's "RIP Armored Launchers" quan's overhead being gone isn't "RIP Quan" it's "RIP 50/50's" Sonya's OH? Clearly reactable. Kano's? Clearly punishable. Pay attention to what's happening around you instead of just clinging to the current, it's not healthy.

MadeOfMetal

Do you know what the word starter means? If not lemme enlighten. It means it's at the START of the string. B122 starts with a mid, ends in an overhead which you can block as it comes. In War God it's fine but I was talking about the other two, not war god. Secondly, I'll pass on marking your words, NRS has been listening and understands what they need to be doing. If they do what you're saying they'll do, then fuck it apparently they don't listen but Quan getting his Overhead removed, not nerfed REMOVED. The man doesn't have an overhead anymore. At all. Wanna give that back to him because everyone else has overheads? Pay attention to the changes that have been shown. NRS doesn't just pick from a bucket and show you the gifs that they find, they plan every bit of it, Reptile's armor not being there isn't "RIP Reptile" it's "RIP Armored Launchers" quan's overhead being gone isn't "RIP Quan" it's "RIP 50/50's" Sonya's OH? Clearly reactable. Kano's? Clearly punishable. Pay attention to what's happening around you instead of just clinging to the current, it's not healthy.
i interpret it differently. a starter to me is like a BNB a low or overhead string that starts a combo.