What's new

General/Other - Quan Chi Quan Chi General Discussion Thread

macro

Eezeepeezee
So I've been testing a lot of things with the warlock class, and man how I love it's space control. Forward 3 seems to pretty much lock down your opponent at far range, and that mixed with how the forward 3 knocks down the opponent face first, puts you in a great spot to start your 50/50 again. Don't Evan get me started on the mb portal grab omg!

PANDEMlC

El Psy Congroo
So what are some of his bnbs? Seems like we're missing a thread full of those. We need Tom Brady to help out here.

mfkaoz

Banned
Having a lot of growing pains learning Quan. I love this character to death but I HATE playing as him. I hate having to zone because playing up close with him is suicide.

Warlock= More vortex damage and options, plus boot up da ass
Summoner= Amazing zoning variation to keep them locked down and vulnerable to setups and run ins
Sorcerer=??? (Haven't tried it yet but I heard bad things?)
This sound right to you guys?

macro

Eezeepeezee
Guys be careful about using B324 because it's full combo punishable unless you use puggles

TotteryManx

cr. HP Master
I feel like we're all sleeping on Sorcerer. A spell for armor and another one to take away the opponents meter? lol. I've had more success using that variation than summoner.

Northern Slasher

Heads or Tails X
Having a lot of growing pains learning Quan. I love this character to death but I HATE playing as him. I hate having to zone because playing up close with him is suicide.
I disagree with this. As Summoner I can rush down no problem.. His D3 is seriously godlike .. Try a few D3 poked into B2 exRune B2 trance. I've honestly done nothing but pressure people with Quan and I'm unstoppable.

Agree with all that woolay haha. I've just been getting people into the d3 reset with either b2 or b324 and its just crazy. I think this character is super strong in summoner variation because not only can he rush down and make you guess (like pretty much most characters) but he also can zone so well full screen with bat + runes.

His backdash is great as well, I use it a lot to get out of stuff. He just suffers from no wakeup which is fine in my opinion because he is strong otherwise. Have you guys messed around with the bat grab yet? I noticed you can do it off special cancellable strings. It's a nice 10% and if you get people scared to push buttons I think it could be useful once or twice a set.

I'm still learning how this game works so I'm not ready to contribute. But I hope to eventually.
Excuse me master of quanculations. But ive noticed that many people have a stronnnng dislike for quan chi's sorcerer variation. Now at first glance i can see how but im havent seen this tech that im about to unvail to the quan community anywhere else so im going to assume im the first to find it. I will uplaod a thread with the video clips explaning. i think EVERYONE will enjoy it :)

Northern Slasher

Heads or Tails X
Don't know about you guys but I feel like Sub Zero is a terrible match up for Quan...also if it's one thing I'd like to see patched it's the ability to push people on the ground towards the corner using run. My fucking god is that irritating when you main a character with zero wake ups.

AK Toxic

Graphic Designer
After playing a few matches in Summoner I feel as though characters that can teleport give him a bit of trouble. Only because you have to be much more patient about when you can throw out runes or summon bats. I've been punished with a full combo from fullscreen when trying to summon a bat at times. Anyone else agree?

Northern Slasher

Heads or Tails X
I agree fully. Quan has some glaring weaknesses but at the same time has great tools and strengths. But again the only thing that has me contemplating a different main is the fact you can run push people into corners.

AK Toxic

Graphic Designer
I agree fully. Quan has some glaring weaknesses but at the same time has great tools and strengths. But again the only thing that has me contemplating a different main is the fact you can run push people into corners.
I agree as well, the vortex ex rune pressure is really strong. And I don't quite understand how that works haha. I can't believe that actually
exists in the game. Hopefully we don't see a lot of people exploit it. Or, maybe it becomes a problem so that NRS can fix it.

Northern Slasher

Heads or Tails X
While they're at it they can fix people sliding across the ground into corners. Way too many 50/50s in this game for that to be a thing.

Under_The_Mayo

Master of Quanculations
Excuse me master of quanculations. But ive noticed that many people have a stronnnng dislike for quan chi's sorcerer variation. Now at first glance i can see how but im havent seen this tech that im about to unvail to the quan community anywhere else so im going to assume im the first to find it. I will uplaod a thread with the video clips explaning. i think EVERYONE will enjoy it :)
I absolutely adore his sorcerer variation. His AA uppercut or Skull give great opportunies for armor spell. And armor spell is broke as fuck.

By the way, i have LOTS coming .

Nonameformedude

That Yung Big Body
Alright so I wanted to get into this quan disccusion now that I've had him in my hands for a bit. I've mainly just been playing the summoner variation, because bats are soo crazy to me. SInce it's so early ive kinda been playing a pretty flowchart game. After a confirm into trance it's been boiling down to two options based in matchups/read. Option A(for damage into zoning set up, against people who struggle against your zoning ), ~trance, summon bat, b32, mid hitting bat. Using the mid hitting bat will send them full screen to set up zoning and you get a free bat summon if you use bat to send them full screen. When I have the meter I always try to confirm into exrunes, b2xxtrance. With the option A ender I believe it does around 30% off of either your overhead or low starters plus a bar, then the free summon can jail then into another 4% chip if you use the bat immediately. If I go this route I usually just zone until the force me to stop. The downside to this option is the combo off ex runes seems to give the opponent almost a bar of meter(the Cassie player I was doing casuals against seemed to break right before I sent the bat anytime I got the first hit. Didn't suck to get most of the damage and have bats up in neutral). Option B(against people who outzone you, anti-zone you, or in situations you think they will breaker), ~trance, summon bat, d3,low hitting bat, b2xxtrance(repeat). Once the opponent respects the quick low overhead you can start to mix in ~trance d3, low bat, b3xxtrance. This option is high risk high reward choice in that if the low bat hits them b3 won't go into the combo anyway like b2 does. Also with either the low or overhead you can't hitconfirm this so you get blown up of the opponent guesses right. It does do 15% into another trance(which you can then use the option A ended on to get 27 % instead), and it's very practical. All of the bits in there are known, I was just want to share and get advice on my style on quan.

I actually kind of struggle agains pressure characters, and with his neural outside this short flowchart. Was wondering what you guys do in neutral outside of d3, b1, and backdash.

gibster13

A fan of fans
Jesus that paragraph format, I hate using mobile
What I do is zone zone zone.... If you want damage end a combo with 141 db3. With puggles loaded QUAN chi is amazing. Fire a skull and at the same time do puggles projectile. This gives you a free run up. A 50/50 :D

Up close don't bother that much unless you have puggles. If they are close just block block block. Get in a d3 for pressure. Don't be scared to backdash away