What's new

General/Other - Quan Chi Quan Chi General Discussion Thread

The_Tile

Your hole is mine!
So I lab bed it a bit. Midscreen you can get only the normal bat to hit, meterlessly it can only be comboed into a rune for 13%. But using the Ex Trance you get these:

In the corner :
2 bars:

1 bar:

BUT ! We can also get a vortex in the corner - it is hit or throw (considering we don't have an overhead anymore):
Hit:

Throw ( I messed it up in the end but you get the idea):

If you do the back throw you can just do the midscreen MB throw combo.
Man, didn't think a vortex was possible without the overhead)
Amazing stuff! I was gonna lab some if this stuff when I got the chance, you beat me to it though Quan brother!

I'll see if there's anything at all I can add later.

Funny thing is I think other characters can benefit from this tech, like for example Shiray Ryu Takeda can throw ex kunais then grab you, MB and blow up the kunais getting a full combo for 2 bars.

• Quan Chi - Towards+FP is now -5 on block (up from -13), +9 on hit (up from +1), and have 20 recovery frames (down from 28)
  • Quan Chi - Towards+FP,BK,BP is now -5 on block (up from -14) and has increased pushback
  • Quan Chi - Away+BP now hits mid
  • Quan Chi - Towards+BK now hits overhead, does 7 damage (up from 5) and is -11 on block (down from -5)
  • Quan Chi - Demon Skull is now +6 on block (down from +16)
  • Quan Chi - adjusted the timing of being hit by trance while airborne to be more consistent with the grounded reaction
  • Quan Chi (Sorcerer) - Fixed an issue where armor from Dark Curse would not always have a fresh timer on a new activation
  • Quan Chi (Warlock) - Portal Stab now has 3 hits of armor, is -2 on block (up from -6), and has 11 less recovery frames
  • Quan Chi (Warlock) - Portal Slam no longer has armor
  • Quan Chi (Warlock) - Fixed a bug where an opponent could momentarily be floating in the air after being hit by Portal Stab
  • Quan Chi (Summoner) -
@The_Tile the height dependent trance allowing a summon is history now((

Johnny Based Cage

The Shangest of Tsungs
For some reason I think I'm more interested in Warlock than any other character/variation after this patch. Stab sounds like it might become one of the best wake-ups in the game now and harassing people with his full screen foot was always trolly af to begin with. I think I like this guy.

Aramonde

Noob
I dont understand why they buffed F1,4,2. That string is only used as a ender in certain situations and you wouldn't use in the beginning because F2,1,2 is still safer on block and leads to more damage on hit.

They also didn't fix sky drop WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Im not to happy with the changes.

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
I like the f142 buff. It starts faster than f212 which means you might be able to whiff punish with it in situations b2 doesn't work well with, plus f1 and the full string are -5, so we have a cool stagger.

Though it's slower, I would imagine with mb Trance and f4, you could do some htb dirt with Summoner.
Of course the MB trance vortex is pretty much the same, but we have lost meterless guaranteed summons in the middle of the combo. That makes Summoner even more meter dependent(

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
Of course the MB trance vortex is pretty much the same, but we have lost meterless guaranteed summons in the middle of the combo. That makes Summoner even more meter dependent(
Yeah, that does suck but you can still call it after knockdown. Maybe the focus now should be on oki setups with the bat since fun-to-blockables seem out.

The_Tile

Your hole is mine!
Yeah, that does suck but you can still call it after knockdown. Maybe the focus now should be on oki setups with the bat since fun-to-blockables seem out.
Summoner Quan still probably has some of the best oki in the game anyway so he's not dead by any means.

Pre patch though he could break most armor with F212 which could be cancelled into ExSkull which jailed into a HTB or another plus 50/50 cause of bat. The only time the height dependant trance was even beneficial was against characters with fast armor so really not a fat lot has changed in most matchups.

Because of the armor change though he's going to have to commit to breaking armor now and use bat too, which means he can still armor break into ExSkull, which is now +6, and get pressure instead of jailing. If he has bat out though I have a sneaky feeling he'll be able to jail a 50/50 off ExSkull.

Just some thoughts about Quans corner game. I might have to write a guide seeing how much he's changed now, as long as no one beats me to it that is.

4_TheUsers

For the Gods!
He still has most of his dirt in summoner I am pretty sure which makes me happy. I mean i never even used the tile vortex anyways. But honestly, i think the overhead is pretty good even if there are gaps and what not. It's close range but that also puts you in decent range for B3 as well, still the same 50/50 situation. His zoning got better in all variations but ill probably stick with summoner. I hope the NJP, LOW BAT HTB will still be a thing even with all these multiple hitting armor attacks...

Has anyone else noticed any problems with Warlocks ex-stab? The patch notes say that it has 3 hits of armor but as I played some ranked matches, the armor was broken twice with a single hit. Once by Hish Qu Tens laser (one shot) and Liu Kangs some regular kick, again one hit. Goddamnit.