What's new

General/Other - Quan Chi Quan Chi General Discussion Thread

Elias6999

Mournful Master
So I've taken a 3 month break from MKX, and I'm trying to get back into it. I've heard that QC is no longer a broken fucker, is that true?

Israfel

Designer for BxA
So I've taken a 3 month break from MKX, and I'm trying to get back into it. I've heard that QC is no longer a broken fucker, is that true?
Mid-Tier at best ;)

Honestly I think tons of people know that MU now. So Quan has high dmg tools but people know the strings to punish and how to bully him to death. Still a great character though.

gibster13

A fan of fans
What do you guys do against takeda? I have such a difficult time with him. If he plays right it seems I never get a turn.Shirai ryu specifically. Tips?

@michaelangelo @PND_Ketchup
Personally I just b2 for days. Also as I know takeda doesn't have very good anti airs, I J1 and it rarely gets beat. Zoning is hard because of Tele. I also think it is hard. Sorcerer makes it easier imo because of armour spell.

PND_Ketchup

"More deadly than the dawn"
What do you guys do against takeda? I have such a difficult time with him. If he plays right it seems I never get a turn.Shirai ryu specifically. Tips?

@michaelangelo @PND_Ketchup
You basically have to understand that you will lose the neutral, so do whatever you can to force him towards the corner and keep him there.

As sorcerer, he is 1000% free to armour in the corner. So you need to be ready to NJP his air teles and catch him with something into trance. He gives you huge trouble when he knocks you down, so he's one of those characters you MUST setplay to death.

STB Shujinkydink

Burning down in flames for kicks
You basically have to understand that you will lose the neutral, so do whatever you can to force him towards the corner and keep him there.

As sorcerer, he is 1000% free to armour in the corner. So you need to be ready to NJP his air teles and catch him with something into trance. He gives you huge trouble when he knocks you down, so he's one of those characters you MUST setplay to death.
I've been trying warlock but even he seems to struggle against his reach

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
You were despised by many, loved by some, and only a few took the time to learn how to truly go to battle with you. Though you do not have much time left in this world, you may lay to rest knowing that while you may be gone, you will forever be remembered amongst our community.

R.I.P. Quan Chi.
April 2015-February 2016

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
I'm with Dink in that I'm not entirely sure how to fight Takeda. He seems very difficult to contain.

I'm never sure when its my turn. I know that Kunai is -2 on block, and he can crush pokes with NJP. It just feels like Takeda, especially in Shirai-Ryu, dictates the pace of the match and I have no idea how to regain control.

What variation do you all feel is best vs him?

You were despised by many, loved by some, and only a few took the time to learn how to truly go to battle with you. Though you do not have much time left in this world, you may lay to rest knowing that while you may be gone, you will forever be remembered amongst our community.

R.I.P. Quan Chi.
April 2015-February 2016
We will miss you , and your one 1 frame blocks ,and your plus 50/50s , and your +50 meterless damage , and your 100% chip setups , and your low bat , may you rest in peace ;-;

AeWhole

Noob
So F4D4 says it's cancelable... I can't get it to cancel and I can't find any reason to push these buttons. Any Quan father find a use for it?

AeWhole

Noob

R.I.P. Quan Chi.
April 2015-February 2016
I'll bring him back. Quanlings be dropping like flies in KP2.

Low bat being made a mid and toning down his damage would've been a million times better than what they did to him....taking out the hard-to-blockables was what everybody was asking for (which I understand), then they give them to CSZ. I'm sticking with Quan, just switching to Warlock, I love the character too much to drop him.

Zabru

My blade is broken damn right better than yours!
So what has changed with Quan exactly? My friend plays Quan and we are gonna fight tomorrow and I wanna know what to do differently. Thanks in advance guys

ENDeverMORE

The incredible introvert
So what has changed with Quan exactly? My friend plays Quan and we are gonna fight tomorrow and I wanna know what to do differently. Thanks in advance guys
poke after a quick MBrune up close.
and be aware that it can be delayed for longer than it could be before

Zabru

My blade is broken damn right better than yours!
poke after a quick MBrune up close.
and be aware that it can be delayed for longer than it could be before
Is that all? If I didn't know any better I would say some are making it sound like vortex isn't so good anymore.

ENDeverMORE

The incredible introvert
I don't know how plus the delayed rune is on block, so it might not be a guaranteed oh/low mix up any more, but it's still plus, and the more it's delayed the more plus.
but not delay makes it -1 (I think)

Shaikhuzzaman

magicmeerkatman
He's more of a zoning character now but he can still spend a bar of meter and get the same set ups as before. The recovery of special moves on hit has changed too so he'll probably be dropping combos too

The_Tile

Your hole is mine!
Not a main sadly. Have been working on cyber sub but then he got crippled too
Thinking of making the switch back to Summoner. I used to main him before CSZ came out but now he's been anally mauled I'm feeling some more Quan action.

Have any serious Summoner advancements been made since the nerfs? In terms of setups, damage or just anything in the neutral? Just curious where the character is right now.

Shaikhuzzaman

magicmeerkatman
Thinking of making the switch back to Summoner. I used to main him before CSZ came out but now he's been anally mauled I'm feeling some more Quan action.

Have any serious Summoner advancements been made since the nerfs? In terms of setups, damage or just anything in the neutral? Just curious where the character is right now.
Nope nothing that I can think of