What's new

Combo List - Quan Chi Quan Chi Combo Thread (Remastered)

Ray'sGoodLiquor

I don't care I'm not a competitive player anymore
@legion666 Yea I've been doing that pretty much, but most of my bnb's right now go to run cancel b12 into trance, but if i tone the damage down a little pre trance, I could probably finish with the F2122, RC, 141. I'm also using my armor portal a lot after a naked or anti air trance, letting the trance run out, then starting a mixup.

P.S. Not sure why I said tournament players. I'm technically a tournament player, and that's not saying much. I meant more along the line of optimal players.

@legion666 Yea I've been doing that pretty much, but most of my bnb's right now go to run cancel b12 into trance, but if i tone the damage down a little pre trance, I could probably finish with the F2122, RC, 141. I'm also using my armor portal a lot after a naked or anti air trance, letting the trance run out, then starting a mixup.

P.S. Not sure why I said tournament players. I'm technically a tournament player, and that's not saying much. I meant more along the line of optimal players.
It is better to use 4 instead of b12 in long combos, because it's basically the same damage but scales less because it's less hits.
Edit: and of course it gives less gravity for more damage, so f2122 run xx 141 is more consistent.

Dwarfmp

Enthusiast
@ETC AdmiralAugustus It's weird that I don't see anyone saying this, or perhaps it's not optimal, or it's been patched, or I'm blind?

Anyway, I'm still learning Quan Chi, but I always use the same universal meterless combos:
f2122, 4+trance, jip+f2122, run, d2 (35%)
b324, 4+trance, walk backwards a bit before jip+f2122, run, d2 (34%)

The hardest part is landing the uppercut at the end, but it's not that difficult once you get used to it.

Ray'sGoodLiquor

I don't care I'm not a competitive player anymore
@ETC AdmiralAugustus It's weird that I don't see anyone saying this, or perhaps it's not optimal, or it's been patched, or I'm blind?

Anyway, I'm still learning Quan Chi, but I always use the same universal meterless combos:
f2122, 4+trance, jip+f2122, run, d2 (35%)
b324, 4+trance, walk backwards a bit before jip+f2122, run, d2 (34%)

The hardest part is landing the uppercut at the end, but it's not that difficult once you get used to it.
D2 isn't a great combo ender for Quan because all his variations have options that lead to more pressure. Summoner and Sorcerer should aim to end combos with 141 due to the hard knockdown allowing time for a bat summon or portal summon, and Warlock is better off ending combos with MB Portal Grab to go into his OTG vortex. By using D2 as an ender, you're essentially throwing away your post knockdown advantage to go back to a neutral game.

BROJOB

Noob
Can someone post a video of the run cancel into 141 actually working? I don't see how you can cover so much distance and still get 141 off:

B324, 4xtrance, bat summon, f2122, fbat, 141, bat summon

Dwarfmp

Enthusiast
Can someone post a video of the run cancel into 141 actually working? I don't see how you can cover so much distance and still get 141 off:

The timing on your fbat is important, I think that if you're too late, the opponent will juggle farther and you can't reach them. I'm not sure, but I think you should fbat before you hit that last 2, but anyway, it's a matter of practice.

NapalmCL

Professional training dummy

I always timed it right before I'd run cancel. So when quan is throwing his arms up on the last 2. Then bat. Then run. You should be able to hit the 141 after. Since the bat takes a while to cough up the fireball you have like half a second.

Da Tac0

GT: C88 Taco
I have the hardest time nailing the crossover into f2122 any suggestions?

Edit: I can't get the 1 to pop after f2

Glicnak

Noob
Does anyone have tips for landing b324 into NJP into 4?

I can do b324 into 4 but ive seen some people land the NJP in between both and it just adds an extra 5% to the combo. Any tips?

Harlequin969

Always press buttons
Does anyone have tips for landing b324 into NJP into 4?

I can do b324 into 4 but ive seen some people land the NJP in between both and it just adds an extra 5% to the combo. Any tips?
I managed to do it once or twice in the lab. I thinky you to do any instant air njp to make it connect properly. It's tough for me to do them so it might be a tight link. Honestly just doing b324, 4, into trance is a good enough string as it is since no matter the variation you're setting up from some big damage that the extra 5%, though good, won't mess you up too badly.

Glicnak

Noob
I managed to do it once or twice in the lab. I thinky you to do any instant air njp to make it connect properly. It's tough for me to do them so it might be a tight link. Honestly just doing b324, 4, into trance is a good enough string as it is since no matter the variation you're setting up from some big damage that the extra 5%, though good, won't mess you up too badly.
Im working on a combo... So far I got it to 68% (1 meter, 1 reset) and if i can nail that NJP i can get the combo to 80 :p 5 percent on every popup is great and opens up more options

Glicnak

Noob
68% Warlock combo 1 bar 1 reset. Still needs optimization...

JIP - b324 - 4 - trance - walk back - JIP - f212 - EX df2 - b324 - 4 - trance - walk back - JIP - f2122 - b2 (short) - db1 (close)

Edit: Sorry for cellphone cam quality.

@ETC AdmiralAugustus

Last edited:

Harlequin969

Always press buttons
68% Warlock combo 1 bar 1 reset. Still needs optimization...

JIP - b324 - 4 - trance - walk back - JIP - f212 - EX df2 - b324 - 4 - trance - walk back - JIP - f2122 - b2 (short) - db1 (close)

Edit: Sorry for cellphone cam quality.
If you time it right, I think wait for them to walk for a step or two you can land a regular jip. It just reverses the side you're on. Could be good for the first jip to push them into the corner with the rest of the combo.