What's new

Quan Chi and building a special meter-need help

So I'm thinking of maining quan but, however I do have trouble with building meter for Ex Rune traps and Ex tele-stomp and in essence I wondering his safe strings

Smoo

Noob
Yo Towel :)

I'm sure someone more knowledgeable will share, but 1,1,2 seems to come out the fastest in my experience and seems safe. I have less luck with B+3, 1+2 and B+2, 2 but I think it's because I mess up the inputs for the first hit while I'm fighting.

The first hit of 1, 1, 2, can be poked or upper cutted out of. I prefer to use 2, 1. After using it mix it up with another 2 1 rune trap, throw, 2 1 U3, B3 1+2, F1 2, U3. The last 3 strings can be canceled into trance.

^The second hit, the hooking low, has to connect for the skull throw to connect.

I use the that low connect a lot for rune trap set-up and dirty X-ray cheap shots. It's seriously hard to see coming.

Going to have to tape my card to ceiling now I guess.
On topic how safe are either the b, 3, 2+1 string or the b, 3, 3 strings seeing as they both hit low as starters and the second one looks like it has safe recovery

On another I'm wondering what tools that Chi has that other don't and for some reason he feels like a mash-up of scorp and jax with his specials

I think he's all about staggering which either leads to rune trap, a 50/50, or a throw. His teleport staggers. 1, 1 staggers. 4 staggers. 2, 1 seems to give advantage on block which can then lead to a mix up, otherwise the rune trap would be escapable.

Smoo

Noob
@BoysBoysBoys Thanks for the info. I forgot all about using 4 for stagger. I really need to work stagger into my game more.

In regard to building meter, I recently started using ground bursts (except the close one) on the opponent when they're lying down. They block it and it helps give me a little meter.